Ok, not joking - considering betraying. Questions on it.

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-ChodeNode1, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-ChodeNode1 Guest

So I'm frustrated as most of us are, and I was looking over the assassin skills. How much do they differ, dps-wise, compared to rangers? We only have one in our guild and he parses high, but I don't know how well he knows his class. I'm tired of broken arrow mechanics, wasting tons of money on arrows, and now an epic bow thats just a huge turd.

So my expectation is solo'ing won't be as easy. I'll probably do as much, if not more damage. I'll be more useful on a raid. I'll have to start all over with App1 spells and will have to upgrade them all. I'll have to get used to Neriak because I flippin hate Freeport. Any other expectations I should be aware of?

Perhaps I should post this in the Assassin forum, but some more protest here never hurts, and if I follow through with it, I'll be one documented case for the cause.
  2. ARCHIVED-lilmohi Guest

I've stuck with my ranger for 4 years now but i'm seriously considering betraying now. Not because of the epic so much, but just a general lack of faith that the dev team has any interest in fixing the problems the class has.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rodahn Guest

Don't betray. If you are going to take a drastic step, cancel your account.

Betraying only shows the scout devs that they have won. Canceling accounts hits SOE where it hurts most -- subscription numbers and financially.

I'm seriously considering this myself if things don't improve.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Rodahn wrote:
    QFE. Cancel dont betray. I will never betray and am basically waiting to cancel for something better. As our alot of subscribers I am betting. SOE has us b/c they are the only game on the market. Once I move on from eq2 I will never buy another SOE game again and will tell everyone I know to never buy one either.

Not sure if it will help, but damn it feels good to bad mouth SOE every chance I get.
  5. ARCHIVED-ChodeNode1 Guest

I hear that, but I still like the game. So anyway, about my question. Am I missing anything as far as the implications for me if I betray?
  6. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

A-men....i feel the same way. Could not agree more...

Cancel don't betray...This should be our new motto.
  7. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Kage848 wrote:
    Hehe, I like it, kinda catchy

Actually I've not renewed this month, so as of tomorrow morning I'm joining the ranks of ex-EQ2 Rangers.

And yes, of course you can have my stuff....

But as I'm a Ranger, why on Norrath would you want it ?
  8. ARCHIVED-Odawnus Haste Guest

Kage848 wrote:
    Everybody should add that to there sigs imo.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dirty Jack Rackham Guest

Account canceled. SOE has until the end of June to get their act together.
    Aeralik, get a frigging clue. How the heck did an Assassin get to hold sway over Rangers anyway?
    SOE, do yourself a favor and get a dedicated developer who actually understands Rangers. You have 2 1/2 months. I purchase my subscriptions 1 year at a time. I don't like the way my class is being treated and I am telling you in the clearest way possible. With my wallet.
    EverQuest II Subscription Details
    • Entitlement: Auction Beta
    • Entitlement: Desert of Flames + In-Game Item: Genie Bottle
    • Entitlement: Echoes of Faydwer
    • Entitlement: Froglok
    • Entitlement: Kingdom of Sky
    • Entitlement: Rise of Kunark
    • Entitlement: The Bloodline Chronicles
    • Entitlement: The Fallen Dynasty
    • Entitlement: The Splitpaw Saga
    • In-Game Item: 1 Day Vet Reward
    • In-Game Item: 7 Day Vet Reward
    • In-Game Item: 30 Day Vet Reward
    • In-Game Item: 90 Day Vet Reward
    • In-Game Item: 182 Day Vet Reward
    • In-Game Item: 365 Day Vet Reward
    • In-Game Item: 547 Day Vet Reward
    • In-Game Item: 730 Day Vet Reward
    • In-Game Item: 1095 Day Vet Reward
    All expansions and adventure packs purchased separately.
    Original activation date: April 1, 2005
    Account closed: February 12, 2008
  10. ARCHIVED-Rodahn Guest

Dirty Jack Rackham wrote:
    Same.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lohkei Guest

You guys must have never worked with dev's before. They never fix a D%^%$#^ thing. They only point at what new things they have done like an epic weapon. And someone says what about arrows, and the dev goes but look at all the new procs on the epic. Never going back to fix there work. . The only way to get a dev to fix a thing is basically get the guy that can fired is dumb A%#^%# and like some little kid that is being punished he will fix it while mumbling under his breath. So canceling and betraying your account will do no good. I have been a ranger for a very long time. I have made the best of it. I remember when alot of classes were over power in dps. But with PvP it all changed more then likely thats why the epic don't have 0-40 meters anymore.
  12. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

If it wasn't for the fact that I truly enjoy hanging with my current set of guildies, I would probably betray. I love playing my ranger, but I'm also very frustrated and feel a little like I'm sinking time, energy, and money into a losing cuase.
    So, I'll probably just make him a full time harverster and bring him out to pvp every now as I level another toon.
    This really is a great game, and after having tried some of the others, EQ2 has the best over all game experience - no question about it.
    My ranger is my main and first toon I rolled, and tbh, had I been informed about how the class is actually playing, I would have passed on it. You know, its not even the time investment that really bothers me. Its the fact that this dude is expensive as hell to maintain, the money I have spent on poisons and arrows alone could have funded an alt's gear to level 80. Spending a ton of resources on a gimped class is not fun, and 6-8 months ago, if i had known what the ranger was going to look like at this point, I would have stopped playing him.

Perhaps since Gnorblin confirmed there are no plans to nerf nuke casters, I'll go that way.
  13. ARCHIVED-Valalor Guest

i guess i just really dont see the problem with rangers... ya.. there is a gap in the arrows, and some other scouts can dps higher.. but i know there are some rangers that can dps higher then most other scouts.. dont think its a reason to quit the game. lvl a different char.. go wizard if you are upset about the dps in a ranger...
  14. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Nizaaf@Mistmoore wrote:
    Great I am glad you like your ranger and like doing sub-par DPS with the other melee scouts. But please do not muddy the water. Whether you care about the arrow mechanics or not - IT IS A PROBLEM. Do you not think that a t7 bow doing more damage that a t8 bow is a problem.

Oh, and parsing the same as the rogues is not good enough. Rogues win in bring way more utility to the table. So you should be sad that you are parsing the same as swashies/brigs not rejoicing that you are doing sub-par DPS with nothing else to bring to the table.

Hell, we all like our rangers. But please do not sweep the problem under the rug. It seems like Aerlick ignores all the posts about us having problems and quotes posts like yours and says "Hey look random X ranger says you are ok, so you are"
  15. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Im waiting for starcraft 2 to come out before I leave. Thats where my real passion lies. I play this game for fair competition in raiding. Thats gone out the tubes so, so long.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lohkei Guest

By most other scouts you mean Dirge and Troube's? If other scouts are speced right they crank massive dps. Rangers do 2 things. Disarm and DPS.. Guess which one I am really good at.
  17. ARCHIVED-vyren Guest

Im sticking with my ranger....
    Why?
    1. Just bought a rigid scale bow
    2. My ranger used to be my alt (main was pally) and hence has not done dragon language quest...so if i betray I have to do the most frustrating quest of all time to be able to finish the assassin epic... but if they removed that part of the quest I'd be in freeport/neriak by now...
    3. Pally epic is even worse then the ranger one..wait..let me rephrase that...the pally epic is a freaking joke of a weapon...
  18. ARCHIVED-Krinta Guest

I made a halfling Assassin and moved him to Gorowyn. Got in some RoV group's around 30 and I was putting out over 300dps vs everone's 100dps normal. Now i'm not going to betray my ranger as it's just as easy to level a new class and get to know it. Also I mean I can out solo any other class with my ranger. I been soloing Chelisth and Sebilis(Iksar's in the maze part) to me a little bit less dps is fine I kite. I can take my time and get the mob dead while other classes need a full group on a lot of thing's.
    To me the ranger class is fine. We are not ment to be number 1 in dps it seem's but I could careless. If you want dps that bad make/betray an assassin.
    BTW! Gorowyn quest have you going to EoF at 20 in case you dont like freeport/nek like me lol
  19. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

You guys are goin to hate me for this.. Just closed my EQ2 account.. Opened up a WoW account. I am tired of being the only class with these kinds of hinderances without being properly justified. (arrow damage and hitbox being the main ones). Atleast in WoW the hunter may be a competitor for the top, but theres also things like pets - fd - group buffs etc. Things to justify the direction they are in. I have always taken sonys side on decisions they have made because I saw reason in "most" of them. But hitbox's were something that were changed back before there werent ANY expansions, I dont see the need to bring them back. Secondly its been 6 months now for sony to fix this problem. My patience is gone with them.
  20. ARCHIVED-Tommara Guest

Mortred@Befallen wrote:
    Have fun in WoW. Got my hunter to 70, game over. My WoW guild won't accept any more hunters - while hunter is a nice class, there's a huge surplus of them. I'm sure they'd let my hunter tag along, even though completely unnecessary. But I wouldn't feel happy with that, especially knowing that my priest would be a lot more useful.
    Go mage instead (dps, crowd control AND group teleports). Plus they summon milk and cookies!