Ok, not joking - considering betraying. Questions on it.

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-ChodeNode1, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

I couldnt find anything in the rules that specifically excludes a thread constructed in this way. Perhaps a moderator can bring some clarity to our idea.
    Personally, I can't see why in the world a mod would lock a thread that strives to rally support and engage the developers regarding our concerns, and does so absent all the hater/flaming bs.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rojakin Guest

No longwinded rant for me. Its all been said. All I ask is that our dev, who in my head could be found reading these posts with a sarcastic grin on his face, step back and take a deep breath and re-approach the ranger build. Yeah you've taken alot of heat from the community, but folks need to vent and the situation is not petty whining about a "percieved" flaw(s) in the Ranger build/item(s) and arrow mechanics. The errors are there. I won't repeat them. headache.... BUT, I would be foolish to not keep the honest complaints coming. Rangers are clearly broken, and acknowledged as so. Why so many supposedly satisfied Rangers? -----> I myself only recently discovered the arrow flaw. That discovery, unsurprisingly hiding in the shadows till I advanced into RoK, is the last straw for me. This meaning... Ranger gets a break, alt gets some play time, and I'm not happy. No threats just a seriously concerned customer begging for some profesionalism.
  3. ARCHIVED-Magius789 Guest

I'm almost 100% positive that people have tried to make petitions before on the forums and a mod quickly posts that they are against the forum rules and either locks the thread or removes it all together. So while I think its a great idea I'm afraid it can't happen.
    SOE wants us to do the things we are doing now because it is time consuming and all the while we are still paying. If you enjoy the ranger then keep playing, if you are fed up with the devs responses and the state of the class quit, or just stand around/play an alt because if it hasn't happened by now its not going to happen. My fellow rangers we have broke since launch, we have had our dev says he knows about it but has no intention of fixing it so any hope for a change is merely drawing out your time and paying more money for a change that is never going to happen....
  4. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Inquis@Kithicor wrote:
    Totally agree here, i've been banned once already for commenting on this but developers who grow huge ego's and seem to laud it over the communinty especially on eq2flames are asking for a angry backlash from the community.
  5. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

Magius789 wrote:
    Ahh, thats too bad. I really had hoped we could organize an effort that was more positive and professional than simply ranting and complaining.
    It is true the issues are out there already, everyone knows about them, and SOE will fix them if they choose to. Until then, and considering our options for engaging the developers on our concerns are practically non-existent, i guess I'm just gonna accept things as is and move with my alt.
    Of course, I will articulate any future/new concerns that i feel are worth mentioning to you all in the future.
  6. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

TwistedFaith wrote:
    Well, even if what you are saying is true, and I am not saying it is or it isnt, sinking to the level of the other party is neither effective nor self-graifying in the long run.
  7. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    While I appreciate you stopping by Rothgar, you and I both know this isnt a "new issue" that "just arose". This "Issue" has been around for well over a year. Yet, as far as Im aware, was never addressed. Sure it didnt seem like it needed to be fixed in EoF, but that was largely due to everyone being able to easily farm DT and EH for level 70 ammo.
    The other factor behind rangers still complaining about it, is due to what a co-worker of yours said. Im sure by now you are well aware of what Aerelik said. Rangers were fine. And IF there was a change to arrows, it wouldnt be a straight bump to 80 as a fix. All I want to know is this. Why Not? Every other class in game gets to use a level 80 weapon, and they get the full benefits of that weapon being 80. So why is it that rangers have to suffer? Why is it that when "upgrade" to a level 80 weapon, that by all accounts SHOULD do more damage then our level 70, we in fact do less?
    I know for a fact you know the answer to that one. You can even sum it up in one word. Im sure you know which one. Simply stating that you are aware of the problem doesnt make mean that its been looked at for a fix. If it is being looked at, or better still, up for a revamp, I would love to see the dev responsible for this to come in here and say just that.
    No offense Rothgar, but whoever is behind this needs to man up and say just what is, or isnt being done.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aeralik Guest

Nesse@Oasis wrote:
    Nothing has been said because the plan and details are still be worked out. When the time is right then we will make a post detailing the changes and let you guys try them out for feedback. Until then nothing is really set in stone so it doesn't make sense to give out information that is still subject to change.
  9. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Thank you Aeralik. My point was that Rothgar really didnt say anything was being done, or even considered, but just that the devs were aware of the complaints.
    I have no problem with not getting details of whats being done, as long as I know that its at least being considered. Per your own words, and for the first time since the issue has blown up, Rangers everywhere will now know that at the very least. Something is happening. I think its fair to say thats more or less what we've been waiting to hear.
    We dont need specifics as long as it fixes the issue at hand and doesnt break 3 others in the process. As far as things being set in stone? LMAO its an MMO, things are never set in stone even when they go live. Just look at our Epic. It went live, and as soon as it was disco'd and tested by real players... INC nerf, fix, change... whatever you want to call it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rojakin Guest

thankyou aeralik, good enough for me
  11. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    I don't suppose you could give us an idea on when this might get changed? Is it something "soon" or something three months from now, or even longer?
  12. ARCHIVED-Timtim Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Can I suggest that whatever the details, they are communicated to the community *before* anybody starts any coding ?
    The dev team should come up with a plan, then let us know what they propose to fix it before they go anywhere near a keyboard. Involve all the stakeholders in this, which is primarily Rangers, but also Woodworkers and to a lesser extent the other ranged ammo classes.
    The last thing we need to happen is for devs to spend time coding a fix they think does what is needed, only to find out it upsets a different chunk of the community, or is either no fix at all or even worse, a nerf. I'm basing my fears on past experience unfortunately, but am ever the optimist !
    At no stage should the words "set in stone" be used until as many people are happy with the fix as possible
    I think everyone in the Ranger community understands that development time/resources are very stretched and the devs must be under a lot of pressure, so if we're finally going to address this issue I think it's in everybody's interest to get it right first time.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lolianna Guest

I agree with Timtim; let's get it right the first time. Last expansion we started out with a 'hotfix' to tenderwood arrows and it became a series of hotfixes that trickled down through the entire arrow system. Too much to hit; too little of this; oh , wait now too much of that... until I think someone threw their hands up in disgust and said, "that's it! I'm never working on arrows again!". LOL.
    I believe having a discussion, or, choosing some trusted rangers on the test server to give them a thorough testing would be advisable. SOE can choose the parameters, or, a dps 'marker' and those chosen for the task can be honest whether they are going over, or under, that mark.
    Either way, I do hope this strategy of fixing rangers doesn't just include tweaking the arrow system. I really hope they consider what the epic has done to Coverage. Give us something that will work with the system you are choosing for us: either way the heck out, or, under the belly. Be consistent with your vision for us. Let the consistency include fixing melee buffs and items to proc off of bows.
    If you don't want weapons to proc off bows, or, vise versa, that's fine. However, there has to be a more consistent method for melee buffs and item procs. Either they work for both melee weapons and bows or they do not. It just isn't logical that they benefit only those classes who use primarily melee weapons. This is especially important now that there are raid-wide epic buffs.
    If you have folks working on rangers, can we get the Hawk fixed too please? I know, the list is growing, but, the hawk is another one of those things that has been broken for way too long. Class defining spells should really be helpful to the classes and not shelved for ages due to broken mechanics.
    If you have the itemization guy in on this; /waves to Fyreflight, can we add some strength to some of the gear that has +ranged crit / da? It's sad to watch so many items be transmuted because it doesn't have any strength. It wouldn't even be bad if it was just the odd piece now and then, but I've seen ranger/assassin class pieces that were discovery transmuted over this. It would be quite helpful and go a long way toward the proc on our mythical that adds damage based on our strength :).
    Your post suggests you will be communicating with us about any changes that are in the works. I truly hope this is not another smoke screen and this time folks at soe are true to their word. I also hope that this is communicated to us in the near future; not after the next expansion some time. I spent the end of EoF hoping that RoK fixed rangers. Now that it is here and things are not better, but worse, I question daily why my husband and I are still spending our hard earned money on our station passes. Here's hoping for the best.
  14. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Thank you for responding, Aeralik. I am not sure, however, how your response is (in either form or substance), any different from what you have posted over the past year or so: you are aware of the problems, are contemplating fixes, but have not made any final plans or decisions.
    I will say this tough, I do appreciate you taking time to respond, even if its just letting us know, "guys, we are still in a holding pattern on this one." At least we know you are contemplating changes, which gives us all hope :).
    Thanks again..
  15. ARCHIVED-Kel Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Pssst... If it didn't make sense not to give info out until it's not subject to change, you're saying giving it out for feedback is pointless since it can't change no matter what the players think.
  16. ARCHIVED-Dirty Jack Rackham Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    To paraphrase Strother Martin from the movie Cool Hand Luke, "What we've had here is a failure to communicate". While this isn't much at least it is SOMETHING. Why is is like pulling teeth getting Devs to pony up some information? We all realize you're busy but would a few words (not laced with sarcasm) kill you? Perhaps a brief synopsis on your plans and vision for the ranger class as a whole? How do you see us? Where do you see us in a year? Talk TO us, not AT us, and not DOWN to us.
    If you want an eample of who this is done, check the Tradeskill Forum. Domino is usually pretty good about discussing things with the community there.
  17. ARCHIVED-lilmohi Guest

Effidian wrote:
    If all they were going to do was up the level of t8 arrows to lvl80 then they could hotfix it in tomorrow. Since they haven't done that already i'm betting they are looking at a more comprehensive change. That means it will probably go in with a live update after being on test for a couple weeks. Since from Aeralik's post they haven't even decided what to do much less coded it i suspect it won't make it in time for GU43. That means GU 44 at the earliest assuming they are actively working on the problem.
    Personally i'd have no problem with waiting a couple months as long as they aren't just going to slap a bandaid on the problem and break 3 other things in the process.
  18. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

Dirty Jack Rackham wrote:
    With all due respect, you are demanding our developer to communicate openly and sans the sarcasim and aggression. Yet, your own thread is loaded with it.....just look at your signature.
  19. ARCHIVED-MacDaddy62 Guest

voxranger wrote:
    Well perhaps it's true and perhaps it isn't true that this thread is loaded with "sarcasm and aggression", but that has no bearing on the argument that the devs should communicate openly and without said sarcasm and aggression. The mere fact that someone does not employ a practice isn't grounds for you to reject their argument that you should employ that practice. For example, if I am a smoker and I tell you that you shouldn't smoke because it's bad for you, are you going to reject my argument simply because I smoke? Of course not. What you have implicitly argued is essentially that it's ok to reject the smoker's argument against smoking simply because he smokes. This is an example of the "look who's talking" fallacy of moral reasoning. The devs should communicate frankly and openly even if the player base doesn't always meet that same standard of communication.

-Azleya, Ranger and Officer of Strike
    Lucan D'Lere
  20. ARCHIVED-Stile1966 Guest

For those not into looking at the front page of eq2players:
    *Edit, because my cut and paste didn't actually take, though it looked like it did:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There's an EQII development chat upcoming from Allakhazam! Members of the EverQuest II Developer and Community Teams will be there on Thursday, February 28 2008 at 4:30pm PST. You can bring your questions to the chat, or you can send them ahead by Private Messaging any EQ2 Allakhazam Administrator on the site or within the EQ2 Allakhazam Forums.

Thursday, February 28, 4:30pm PST
    In the #EQ2 channel on Allakhazam IRC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have always been happy to leech off of Allakhazam and never joined, but for this I joined today so I can be prepared to be there a week from now (even though at this point I am canceling the day after- Call me the skeptical optimist). Will be interesting to see what happens if a couple hundred rangers come with questions nocked and ready to fire. Wonder if the server can handle it.