Ok, not joking - considering betraying. Questions on it.

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-ChodeNode1, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

Azleya@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Huh - lol?
    Actually, what I am arguing is that demanding one person or entity behave a certian way, while holding oneself to a different standard is rediculious and erodes credibility. That goes for SOE and the players alike.
    If we want our concerns to be treated professionally, then act professionally. Life has a way of giving back what is given out, and with interest.
    Regardless of how people may personally feel about SOE or our developer, there are people involved, and paying a few bucks a month for vast hours of entertainment does not give anyone license (not necissarily referring to the referenced post here, but more to others I have seen) to treat others like crap.
    If one is so unhappy with the game the feel the need to personally attack (note, I'm NOT saying critisize) others, then perhaps they should quit the game and find something less emotionally taxing for them.
    Credibility is the key to getting things done, not threats, aggression, or in some cases, outright venom.
  2. ARCHIVED-gutti Guest

voxranger wrote:
  3. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

gutti wrote:
    If your not happy with the product, don't buy the product and take your business elsewhere. Last I checked, we have choices about where, when, and how to spend our $15.
    I'm not judging you or your frustration - I am too am extremely frustrated with some aspects of the game and SOE's responses to player concerns. If this frustration becomes overwhelming to me, I will simply cancel before I resort to hostility.
  4. ARCHIVED-silversurfer1214 Guest

I am tired of the total disregard for rangers. I thought it was kinda cool at first that we are the black sheep of SOE. But this last expansion has been very demoralizing. I look at my melee scout brothers and sisters and see them with some really nice gear. STR, AGI, INT, melee crits, and melee double attack. Then I look at mine and go damn Santa gave me coal again. I have range DA, 1/2 of what melee gets. I have range crit, but no STR. If I put on all my range DA and Range crit items my STR would be cut in 1/2. In fact this last week I chose to wear certain items and I have lost over a 100 STR just off of 3 items. I am still wondering why SOE thinks its so important for me to have STA and WIS? I love my ranger, I brought him up mostly solo the first 2 years because I was stationed in Korea. I did every quest offered that I could find, I'm sure there are more. I did every access quest, every heritage quest, every L&L and to have to give that up now would make this grown man cry. Why because the ranger I love has been discriminated so much, so gimped, that raiding now is disheartening. Sure someone said we are good soloers, but like I said I soloed alot for the first 2 years, I like grouping and raiding with others. But when others no longer want me around because I can no longer do the job we were meant to do. Yes I am going to hold SOE to the statement said back when EQ2 went live. Rangers, Assasins and Sorcerers t1 dps, while Sorcerers slightly less since they have more utility. But can top rangers and assasins depending on player ability. Damn I derailed my own post. Show us rangers some love plz. We fell like that puppy that grew up and now has to live outside in the dog house and the kids only come to tease. While we watch the other classes inside drinking hot cocoa and watching tv with the family. Either bring us inside or send us "to the farm to open running space and play in the fields". What I am saying is tell us what are you going to do. Give us some info, throw this dog a bone. Point us in a direction, we wan to know that you have us going north, we don't care that you want us to go west then east then NW to get to north. We understand that some coding and some unintended things may change our steps in gettin to our ultimate destination. /personal log Mixer of Butcherblock
  5. ARCHIVED-MacDaddy62 Guest

voxranger wrote:
    Well depending on the circumstances, yea, it often erodes credibility and doesn't make sense to hold oneself to a different standard than one asks of others. However, credibility or lack thereof simply has nothing to do with the actual strength of an argument, and as I explained before, failing to adhere to a standard does not nullify one's arguments that others should adhere to that standard. There is simply no logical connection between these matters and whether or not an argument is a good one. The devs should meet a high standard of communication simply because that is the proper and professional thing to do, regardless of what the players do. The players should also meet that same standard, but that is another issue entirely. The only sense in which they are connected is that yes, when the players ask that the devs adhere to a standard, the argument "looks" better if the players are also adhering to that standard, but this is merely a matter of appearances and politics, not the actual rightness or wrongness of the argument.

-Azleya, Ranger and Officer of Strike
    Lucan D'Lere
  6. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

First I would like to thank our dev for replying. In the end he's the only one who can do something about our class at this time. I also want him to know that most of us don't expect a complete break down of any changes NOW. That being said it would be nice for the break down to be put out when it is ready for test. Why? Well Rangers are gimped. many of us have figured out how to use our "gimpness" though to the best of its gimpability. If it turns out the changes are largely lateral in nature I would ask "why bother?" If there is not an actual improvement in the class, then all I am doing is simply earning a new learning curve to play a character with the same degree of gimpness, just in different ways. It would be nice to know what the proposed changes are so that if it is going to simply going to be a lateral shift we could tel the devs "don't worry about wasting your coding time".
  7. ARCHIVED-Lolianna Guest

Gimpability. Hmmm, I like it, it has a nice ring to it. The next time my guild fusses I am going to say, "I am playing to the best of my gimpability!". It sounds so positive :). Thanks Gisallo! If nothing else, out of all this, I got a new word. /giggle
  8. ARCHIVED-Amenti Guest

I've played a Ranger since the beginning of EQ2, and even survived the LU13 debacle. Through KoS and EoF, I was happy with my Ranger again and it was enjoyable to play. RoK raiding has me seriously considering betraying or cancelling my account.
    As a class that is defined by its DPS and lack of utility, I find the arrow-problem completely unacceptable. For those of you who think that this is something that has only recently been brought to the attention of the developers, you are sadly mistaken. This issue was brought up over a year ago, although I'm not sure if it was prior to the release of EoF. There is a screenshot on the EQ2flames.com Ranger forum of a response to the issue from a developer saying that there were no bows over level 70 in the game; therefore, it was a non-issue, but it would be looked at soon and a solution would be devised for it.
    That was a very long time ago, ladies and gentlemen.
    In addition, itemization for scouts in this tier is fairly lackluster. Very little viable scout armor exists prior to Veeshan's Peak, leaving scouts and especially Rangers investing hours of time raiding with little or no reward. Personally, my guild has only seen 3 (yes, three) Ranger-oriented drops since the release of RoK. For a class that has zero utility and ONLY brings DPS to the table in a raid, watching your damage slide further from respectable to mediocre with each passing raid is disheartening. Raid leaders realize that all the Ranger has to offer is damage, and they adjust accordingly by removing Rangers from their raids.
    We're seeing the demise of the Ranger class. This is a bad combination of an entire expansion that is poorly itemized and a Ranger dev, or series of devs, that ignored a lingering issue until it became a serious problem. I've already lost one friend and skilled Ranger to cancellation because of this expansion; and, it appears many more are following.

EDIT:
    Reading back on the post where someone cancelled their EQ2 account and opened a WoW account, I couldn't help but remember why I stopped playing WoW. The Shaman class in WoW was plagued with imbalance problems and a biased CR (Class Representative who is tasked with being the voice of Blizzard for that community). The only difference is that the CR was eventually fired for his continued dereliction of duty and Blizzard eventually took several steps to attempt to repair the class. Nothing of the sort has been done here.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Meerah@Permafrost wrote:
    Always happy to be of service
  10. ARCHIVED-Dirty Jack Rackham Guest

voxranger wrote:
    There is no sarcasim in my post. Open hostility? Yes, darned straight. You get what you give, and since thats all I've seen from Aeralik, thats what I'm giving back. As I've stated elsewhere, I've already canceled my account and the clock is ticking down to the end of June. Perhaps if I see some progress I will then continue with my yearly subscription. I will also lighten my tone and adjust my signature. I'm not holding my breath. If I conducted myself in the manner of Aeralik with my customers, I would soon find myself looking for other employment opportunities. Considering we all help pay his salary, I believe he owes us some basic consideration.
    Knowingly balancing Rangers using broken ammo mechanics can bring no good. It will only worsen our position in future expansions. As has already been pointed out by many others, it isn't JUST a Ranger problem. It just affects us more than others since the bow is our primary weapon. Tie ammo/arrows to a specific tier. If the ammo uses t8 materials to craft, then it's a t8 product and should function as t8, not t7.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

voxranger wrote:
    You are relatively new in posting VoxRanger as I can see by your post count. While I agree with you that people have not right to personally attack developers, what you are seeing is years of fruststration being released. What you have said in earlier threads - petitions, calm arguments, laying out our problems. All of this has been done a million times. There have been a million people in these threads over the years that take the attitude you have. Lets be nice and play calmly and our problems will get addressed. Well guess what - we did that and have been doing that. I can count at least 10 posts that lay out the arrow problem calmly and logically with data to back it up. (here and eq2 flames). Guess what? Nothing has happened and here we are.

So what you are seeing is the end result of being ignored for years. Calm is gone. It is replaced by anger and frustration. Look where calm has gotten us. Nerfed to oblivion and the present state you see us in. For me, I am done with calm and I will wish no ill on anyone who wants to epxress their anger on these boards.
  12. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

Ranja wrote:
    New to posting...yes, new to reading the posts, no.
  13. ARCHIVED-Shaulin Dolamite Guest

voxranger wrote:

Have to agree here, unfortinately most that check the dev tracker to see our posts will only be able to take our anger and hostility at face value. They wont see what drove us to this attitude, these continueing problems where the best responce we get from a dev was best left unsaid because of the sarcasm . I dont look down on any of the hostilty from our community towards the dev, for the simple fact ive seen what has gotten us all to this point.Posts like this from Aeralik:
    Inclusion of that was just an oversight. GU 43 has some nice new features but from a balance perspective there are just some minor changes. The most significant for you guys was upping the range of some of the bard songs so they don't drop when you are behind the large dragons in vp. Your concerns are pretty broad from weapon scaling to ranger utility and desirability so its not something I can do in the short time we had between epics and gu43 but that doesnt mean its not on the radar either.
    I truely love the last part, the problem has been the same issue for nearly a year if not longer, in my book that isnt considered a Short Time. Ive edited this post 3 times now just because of the Aeralik post, so many things actualy bother me about this post. The bard songs having there range increased, the same songs that dont work on ranged attacks that this community has also posted about more times then I have fingers and toes.Thank you for that bone.....really :p
    Many of us have lost all faith in the dev team.
  14. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

We all have a right to feel angry and frustrated. As I have said numerous times in the past, this situation has handled poorly at best.
    Things with our class are currently the way they are becuase SOE intends them to be. So, either (1) adjust and play your ranger as is, (2) betray to an assasin, or (3) cancel your account.
    Note that I am not saying don't critisize SOE or our developer, and I am not saying any of us should not feel angry or frustrated. What I am hoping is that amogst all this negative energy, we can find a way to take the high road and be professional about it, even i that means cancelling our subscriptions permanenty or temporarily.
    Hey, I'm ticked off too. My ranger is not all that fun to play right now - I'm getting tanks who are beating me on the parse (and I am geared well, with the exception that I am still using my T6 bows because they out dps the rok bows after adjustments for broken arrow mechanics.....)
    There is a difference bewteen hope and optimism, i guess. I am hopeful our class will be fixed, but I'm not counting on it any time soon.
  15. ARCHIVED-Shaulin Dolamite Guest

voxranger wrote:
    In responce to the bold selection, or use these boards the reason they are here to express our anger and frustrations towards a class we have all spent way too many hours on.
  16. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

The arrows problem has been "under the radar" now for 9 months in march. The "bard range" song issue has been an issue since the begining of KoS, its now LU43, we were changed drasticcly in LU21. This is almost 2 years now. Hmmmmmm.... And we wonder why some of us have canceled our accounts?

When asked "what bugs you most".. My reply was simple, non offensive, no flames. Just quick and simple.. "The amount of time it takes to get a fix for issues in this game" And we wonder why I have gone to WoW. My account expires on march 7th and honestly I dont see myself coming back at this point of time.

I have gotten my hunter to level 34, its a slower progression then here, and a much easier game. But the sad thing is.. I am actually having fun in there I am eagerly leveling to try and raid (where I have my most fun). The main question is.. How will I do in raids with the markmanship talent line? If I am unable to hit the top 5 consistently with a hunter I may consider other options. But if worse comes to worst I will become essentially a brig in that game and debuff the crap out of the mob with weakness. So we shall see how this plays out.
  17. ARCHIVED-Terdrigar Guest

Well today my account, which has been active all through EQ1, SWG and to date EQ2 becomes innactive. If something is done to fix the many problems which have been listed, squabbled over and ignored for what seems like forever, I may reconsider and activate the account. I consider myself a loyal customer, I love the game, I love the people I've met through the game but I simply cannot justify to myself why I should pay for something that is basically broken with no eta on a fix. I don't see betraying as an option for me, I want my ranger fixed be it through some additional utility or by fixing that which is broken, if I can't justify to myself why I should take up a slot on a raid then why raid and as raiding is what I enjoy...why play a ranger=(.
  18. ARCHIVED-HezakiaIsh Guest

Its sad that even with the massive Details and on going list of problems with our class we still get the "move along nothing to see here" from our Dev and SOE. I dont understand why you wouldnt listen to the community that plays this class EVERY day, for hours, who know this class up and down. We dont want a laterall shift, we dont want to be gimped even more for a trade off that we get lvl 80 arrows, if thats the case keeps things the way they are and fix item/spell procs. What we want is resolution and we DESERVE it. Most have stuck it out through the bad, and not betrayed or canceled...dont we at least deserve the right to see these problems addresed in a reasonable and timely fashion? If Assasins were going through the same problem we are THEY WOULD BE FIXED TOMMOROW.
    Rangers are suppost to be T1dps Per Soe. You have effectively thrown us into the the 2nd-3rd Tier with no utility, and no Viable reason to bring a ranger on Raid other then to fill a slot another class can do better with utility. Come on guys i know you see this and you know this cant be right , man up and do something about it.