[Official Thread] Welcome Back!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, May 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-wolvez Guest

I still can't login. Server might be busy message and told to retry again.
    Retried 7 times and still getting the same message. What's up?
  2. ARCHIVED-Random411 Guest

I just read that free identity theft protection is only being offered only to station access members. Just because I dont pay $10 more a month to have extra character slots and access to a webpage; does not men my credit card information is not as important as everyone elses. I have played over a decade of EQ1 and EQ2 and I am so beyond offended by this. If this is really the policy, you have just created some one whom will boycott all SOE games for life.
  3. ARCHIVED-Random411 Guest

Tallithia wrote:
    If it's someone with values like me, they won't be back.
  4. ARCHIVED-threat111 Guest

Crabbok@Unrest_old wrote:
    QFE
  5. ARCHIVED-thegriss Guest

Cesium@Oasis wrote:
    This is there back handed way of slowing raider progression. We lost 2 weeks because of SOE security issues and they are taking advantage of it. It only makes sense to have raid mobs dropping atleast 1 extra piece of loot to make up for the time missed raiding.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dark Messenger Guest

i dont understand what problems you have, with the downtime you have absolutely nothing lost. wether raidprogression coz gu willl come 2 weeks later, nor lifetime (besides you were 2 weeks in front of your pc and waiting for eq2).
    their plan to give us 45 free days is absolutely fair you should think about it, you were like 2 weeks offline, you have nothing lost and they give you 30 days free for nothing (you should be aware of, i am only speaking to those kinds, they were not engaged with money theft or something), the things like double xp, or events are just a bonus, but nothing to do with the importance of a make good plan.
  7. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Dark Messenger wrote:
    I simply don't have any sort of words to describe this statement, so I will just now take a moment and do a Jean Luc Picard style facepalm.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cuelaen Guest

So glad to be back in eq2:) I'm a crafter , mainly, and no other game comes close to eq2 imo. I agree with others though that all should have gotten the 500 station cash-however, station access subscribers should have gotten 1000 if everyone else got 500-we do pay twice the 14.99 rate, for a few extra char slots, and access to the other soe games-which we could access none of during the downtime. I am happy with what we did get though, as all my characters arent max level and aa, so the bonus exp is nice, and i love the new house items you put in the city festivals-especially the cool street lamps and the leaf chair. I hope you will continue to put new stuff out for the festivals and the moonlight enchantment events, as i look forward to them every month.
  9. ARCHIVED-Aelfan Guest

Helanor wrote:
    After reading this I have completely forgotten what I want in recompense for this inconvenience, I am so earnest in my support for this poor lady getting her pony!
    But I will say that 2XP time is completly inadequate. You have taken away time when play was convenient, and intend to replace it with 2XP when it may not be convenient. Providing potions, and a lot of them, would have been a far better solution.
    And give the poor woman her pony!
  10. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Has anyone else had the keyboard trouble I've been describing my game experience has been less then enjoyable because of it and it is something to do with EQ2 because I have no trouble with any other game or regular computeing something in the coding is broken and making my keyboard all but unusalble to me in game. I have tried everything I know to fix this on my end nothing works
    I am using a Dell QuietKey it is not a USB keyboard
  11. ARCHIVED-Cuedywene Guest

Glad EQ2 is back. I don't have much else to add that would be considered constructive.
  12. ARCHIVED-Chap Guest

Welcome back, fellas.
    Thanks for your hard work.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

ok found and fixed the problem with my keyboard but I"m still getting kicked to character select when I try to visit other houses I right click and select visit and boom kicked ot character select. something is definelty wrong there it was not happening when SoE went down.
  14. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

Love that SJ posted regarding the issue with research assistants, but the Rent Payments didn't work very well either. I'd love to see a response on that as well! Glad to see we're starting to get resolutions on the Make Good plan!
  15. ARCHIVED-deviant_bellana Guest

Daddumsha@Najena wrote:
    I kept getting LoN errors, too. I resolved it by going to the C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II Extended directory and deleting the entire LegendsofNorrath directory. Then ran a full file scan. Problem solved.
  16. ARCHIVED-CHIMPNOODLE. Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Polywogus Guest

Aerfen@Lucan DLere wrote:
  18. ARCHIVED-Freedom Guest

Welcome back everyone! Thanks for all the hard work to SoE employees. Looking forward to the GU
  19. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

SoE is getting a lot of press although not the best kind. Just saw this which itself references an article in the Wall Street Journal:
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011...test=latestnews
    I think the message here is not that their network is particularly insecure it's probably safer then most gaming networks now. The message is that NO network can be 100% secure. No matter where you go be very very careful about the information you give out.
    Personally, I'm more optimistic then him. I think eventually the Internet will be made pretty secure although it'll take several more years and quite a few arrests. Likewise, there was a time when bank robbers had a field day in the US but with better security and enforcement that day is ancient history.
    However, this has had repurcussions far beyond the online gaming industry. For example, many businesses are starting to rethink cloud computing and if they really want to put sensitive information there.
  20. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Random411 wrote:
    It's a video game lulz.
    Also I'm sorry that you just learned 2 weeks ago that using your actual credit card/RL info online is a bad idea, you should have traded values for intelligence tbh.