[Official Thread] Welcome Back!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, May 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Welcome back all, and thank you SOE for bringing everything back sooner than was estimated.
    I think that officially makes the ones who worked hard on this the "Scottys". :D
  2. ARCHIVED-Buz_Weaver Guest

With 45 days to play with I thought I'd download EQII and see what all I've been missing.
  3. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

Sorry for all the troubles you have been having. Thanks for the nice things to make our return special.
    I am particularly pleased about the generous rent allowance. I had, rather rashly, moved six good toons from New Halas back to Qeynos just two days before it happened and was just making a nice en suite for the first one when darkness descended. Only two of them had enough status items to pay that part of the rent in my new top notch dwelling. Before the downtime, I only had five days to accumulate and put down enough status items to cover 60k x 4 houses. Now I have three weeks. Phew! Guild friends can stand down now! Perhaps next time, I won't be so rash - maybe!
  4. ARCHIVED-Wulfgeist Guest

Thank you for getting everything fixed (right before my two week staycation ends, back to work tomorrow, no lie!) and thank you rewarding the loyal players for sticking it out. I'm curious though what soe is going to offer the people who cancelled to entice them back..
  5. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

ok this is a strange bug but I cannot use the text chat in game when ever I try to type in there all I get are numbers no symbols or letters just numbers no matter what I key i press
  6. ARCHIVED-K'hara Guest

Am getting the LON fail when updating...already deleted the LON.dll and still getting the same thing
  7. ARCHIVED-slinkster Guest

My friend called to let me know that EQ2 was back! I was so excited, then I am having the same problem as others. that same loop over and over about legends of norrath.dll. I also deleted the file and I still cannot log in. Did a full file scan and the same thing, after waiting these almost 2 weeks it's disheartening. Please SOE fix these problems!
  8. ARCHIVED-stonetoad Guest

i still get error message, can't log in
  9. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

tried loging in again after uplugging and replugging my keyboard in and rebooting my systme still cannot use my key board for anything but moving with the arrow keys and using the numpad for crafting but that is laggy as anything if I try to type anything in the text chat i get nothing but numbers unless i hit control + the letter then if it is a letter htat is not bound to an action it shows up tin the text chat I hvae to hit control for the actions that normally take just hitting the corresponding letter key Please check this outI am using a Dell QuietKey keyboard and this is only happening IN game wiht EQ2 and only since you brought the servers up.

I cannoty /petition or /bug in game since they are nt' working.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

I am also having trouble visiting an alts house every time I right click and select visit i get kicked to Character select. this happened once before but only it was on test whiel we were testing the new housing system last month
  11. ARCHIVED-xexxed Guest

I just wanted to thank SOE for their decision to give free game time to everyone - even people without an active subscription - I'd not played EQ2 since 2008 and with a month and a half to explore it again I'm starting to see what I've missed and honestly the extended version just doesn't feel like the real thing.
    So, thanks! :)
  12. ARCHIVED-threat111 Guest

Where do we go to get the free credit monitoring?
  13. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Why are raids excluded from the loot bonanza?
  14. ARCHIVED-KM Guest

Double exp? Really? Talk about a big middle finger to those of us that are 90/300. Was ready to go back to Sony but think will stick w/RIFT now since got into it during Sony debacle.
    Thanks for almost 15 yrs of fun EQ, journey well!
  15. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

I'm pretty dissapointed with the Make Good program honestly. Was really hoping for free server transfers to help combat all the recruiting needs since so many people quit as a result of this downtime.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tallithia Guest

KM wrote:
    *whispers* you will be back. :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Nick2008 Guest

Glad to have the servers back on and more secure. Thank you for making my gaming experience safe and secure. The downtime was well worth it. Sounds like alot of people got a lot done the past two weeks. I started playing this game on a wimb. I walked into a gamestop and bought the Everquest II Complete Collection when it was out and of course SF and DoV since then). Have had a wonderful experience with the game. In my opinion no other game really compares to eq2.
  18. ARCHIVED-miranda1984 Guest

Monkeymezza@Runnyeye wrote:
    I agree, to all would have been nice.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

I have completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the game and still cannot use use the text chat no matter what key I press it show a number not the letter or symbol it is supposed to be and the numbers are random.

and I still cannot visit my alts houses I keep geting kicked to character select something is wrong please fix.
  20. ARCHIVED-Daddumnec Guest

Same problem here - Updater Error on LoN dll file
    How to fix or bypass?