Official ProSiebenSat.1 is the Exclusive Partner of SOE Europe Announcement Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Iuwene Guest

There are always ways to bypass a pure IP lock.
    I am also furious about the silence and ignorance, but one reason for I could imagine is that someone at Sony suddenly figured out that they can't transfer accounts that easily, as many are station accounts and are used to access other Sony games as well. Games, which not have been sold to P7.
    If I dediced to play EQ1 again I would do it with the very same account.
  2. ARCHIVED-xenomorphia Guest

Impega wrote:
    yes and no, when the page keeps crashing, it's most likely a bug.
    when 7 different supporters from accounting, AND the head of that department, also "bugs out, and don't work" we are talking about people and choises.
    i have now been guarentee, that it's closed off, and CC info deleted .. but they still have issues, actualy giving me the confirmation and proof of this, as i been asking for.
    i also fianly managed to get into my account settings after this, (yes definently page bugs aswell), only to find that bouth my former CC were still listed.
    along with "active" status for my account subscription, with ZERO way of cancelling this.
    so i still have my doubts.
    as for asking my bank to close off one specific charge, i tried this last time i needed new CC, when SONY were hacked.the only option is a new card ... that i myself, had to pay for to have made.
    an issue i have brought up in tickets with SONY, that they atleast could cover this expence, when they can afford half a million in fines, for loosing illigaly stored Credit info on people.
    (check the many public articles about the hack)
    so im not going to pay for another yet again, due to their support team and leaders "bugs out" as much as their servers =)
  3. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

I just got wind of this in game in 1-9 chat on Freeport.
    They cant block IP - it would completely destroy the game. The US and EU - especially UK players are so well integrated you would completely ruin guilds that have been going for years. Not to mention stomp on the carefully recruited raid forces people have gathered.
    Why - in the name of all that is holy - are you going against possibly the most successful F2P switch ever with DDO? That game was dead as corduroy until they went F2P. Not only that but it got even better when the EU servers were shut and everyone went over to the US.
    SOE are going completely in the wrong direction. You should never segregate a player base. Its bad news even from release but 7-8 years later is mind boggling in its stupidity if IP blocking and forced moves happen.
    Do they have some sort of Doctor Evil at SOE central that was deep frozen for years and has come out calling shots that were out of date five years ago?
    More than this though is the catastrophic PR fail that is announcing this and then being completely silent apart from one or two vague responses. After the hacking debacle, the stupidly long shutdown and now you come out with this and say not a flipping thing for over three weeks that your going to share our credit card details with as far as we know, some random company in Germany nobody ever heard of?
    Do you actually have qualified people working in SOE? I mean like anywhere at all? I'm definitely thinking of cancelling now just to protect my account details until we get some reassurances.
  4. ARCHIVED-Moldylocks Guest

Guy De Alsace wrote:
    It has a name, and it is Dave. All the wonderful changes in the past year and a half, this shift to FTP, the mega focus on SC rather than meaningful, solid content that EQ2 used to put out all come from that man.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ciara52 Guest

I would most certainly like to know sooner than later. If Splitpaw would be locked then I expect a free transfer off to an American server.
    But I'd rather stay I have friends there. Are we supposed to even sign up at Alaplaya? Would someone from Sony please make an announcement that has real information pertaining to players.

Thanks
  6. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

As Smokejumper didn't have the time (or whatever he didn't have) to give us this information, maybe Windstalker will.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Gladiolus wrote:
    lol
    Wishful thinking on your part.
    She didn't even make a post after the introduction that our 'community manager' (lol) made. Also before anyone wants to chime in that she just started last week or some bull like that the announcement said that she has been working with SJ for a while now. The only thing we have here in all likelihood is another SC enthusiast and nothing more.
  8. ARCHIVED-faith Guest

Its about time some word from upon high put our fears,real or imagined to rest its disgraceful no word has come along.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Guy De Alsace wrote:
    This is exactly what SOE could avoid by giving us some information. We're paying customers, not mushrooms, so don't dump bulldust on us then keep us in the dark. The person I saw in Freeport chat (Necro-something) was stating as fact that many things were going to happen. The speculation isn't surprising, given the absence of information, but that's all it was, NOT fact, which is what he was saying.
  10. ARCHIVED-crunn Guest

SOE you make us hate you.

You do this to yourself. From this side it appears you get a sick pleasure from keeping us in the dark and ignoring us.
    I too work in customer service, if I responded to or ignored the customers in the way you do I would be marched from the building by security.

Ok I have been here from the start I know full well the reputation SOE has in the business for having the least professional and least helpful CS.
    But it still shocks me every time I actually see it happening.
    You say something new and exciting is happening but we all know it’s not and will probably end badly. You strongly hint that the worst case scenario is the mostly likely outcome and that it’s too late to change it now if you wanted to, then you say nothing at all for weeks leaving us hanging. It is, this is all for your own sick pleasure.

How about this then, so you can’t give us any information about the details of this “deal” between you and Prosebiansat, perhaps because nothing has been decided or because someone upstairs told you not to say. Doesn’t mean you can’t answer other questions.

1) Have you been told not to talk to the customers because the meetings are still on going and nothing has been decided?

2) Has the deal already been done and SOE are now working on a press release?

3) Is or was there someone in the meetings fighting the customers side?

4) Does or did anyone taking part in the meetings know how many and how strongly the customers feel about the issues raised in this thread?

5) What would your best guess be for how long before the deal is done and the customers will be told in full?

6) What is your own personal opinion of Prosebiansat and of the proposed deal with them, and how do you think it might benefit, harm or otherwise affect EQ2 the game and the community?
  11. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

crunn wrote:
    Do you really expect him to honestly answer the question marked in red? I expect most of these questions would not be answered just based on previous, but the last one even being asked just made me laugh. Giving his personal opinion honestly, especially if he disagrees with the decision or has a bad outlook on that company, could cost him his job.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dungeon_Lord Guest

I'm sure, SOE wouldn't answer any questions until "this great deal goes live"!

But you can have a look at alaplaya.net, read their "Term's and Conditions" and take a lookaround over their whole platform.
    Will they change their T&C due to integrating SOE-Games on their platform? I guess, they won't.
    Sure everybody who's forced to alaplaya.net has to use an alaplaya-account in the future.

Will they provide Station Cash?
    Surely they will not! The whole SC-Marketplace will be integrated in their own and you don't need SC anymore but "Alaplaya-Points"!

Will they take care as a "Customer Support" for all EU-Players?
    I'm sure, they will, 'cause SOE has showed us over years, that caretaking of someone outside the U.S. is not worth a dime.
    If that means CS is getting more worse or better? Don't know...

Will there be a Region Lock over IP?
    All other Games (if you want them call games) running on alaplaya.net DO have a Region Lock.
    And the T&C says, only people living in North and South America and in Europe are allowed to use their services.
    Living in another Part of the World (hello Australia for example) makes all alaplaya games unavailable.

The list can go on, but the point is:
    Until everything is ready for that "great change", no one will answer any question nor let you know any details.

This is how that all figures out to me.

Hope my english is not too bad. ^^

Greetings from Germany

Astrala
  13. ARCHIVED-Pipsissiwa Guest

Astrala@Innovation wrote:
    Greetings from the UK!
    Now I'm trying _really_ hard not to speculate any more than I already have (it seems counter-productive) and unlike a lot of others posting on here I've decided to play as much as possible with my friends in case the worst happens - enjoying that potential 'last meal'...
    Anyway, this now makes me worried that the North American peeps on Euro servers will be able to stay on their servers (albeit with probable other unpleasant changes) because Prosebiansat allow North America on their servers, but us Euro players on US servers who will be forced onto those Euro servers because we belong to Prosebiansat now due to our IPs. (I can't even begin to imagine the hell for those non-Euro, non NA people - its hard enough getting on many games for you guys & gals anyway.) I really wouldn't be surprised. As I said in my last post; as little as SOE cares about any of its customers, its us living in 'Rest of World' (how I hate that term) who are the lowest of the low. I wouldn't be surprised if they make sure NA (esp US) players are least affected.
    Just tell us something SOE - this is getting into 'cruel and unusual' territory, although for SOE, maybe not so unusual.
    /sigh
  14. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

Astrala@Innovation wrote:
    If this is the case, I wonder if SOE and ProSiebenSat will work out an exhange rate, or whether people will just be hosed out of unused SC?
  15. ARCHIVED-crunn Guest

Hakdagutz@Butcherblock wrote:
    Of course i dont lol. I dont expect anyone at soe is reading any of this at all. I dont expect anyone at soe is aware of our concerns at all. I dont expect anyone at soe cares. All i expect is that a forum mod stops by once in a while and quickly scans down looking for rule breakers then moves on without reading any of the content.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tallisman Guest

I'd bet the "powers that be" that create these "deals" and "partnerships" haven't even seen this thread and/or know of the unhappiness therein. Also, SOE has so much money that if I quit and close my account, they won't even notice. They big, we small.
    On the flipside, it may be that this is just all doommongering and won't happen.
    I just with they'd get on with what ever they're getting on with and tell us one way or the other.
  17. ARCHIVED-themorninglory Guest

Wow Sony your Silence is DEAFENING! I can’t believe this was announced on the 12th of January and now not a peep from you? So many of my guildies are REFUSING to log in because the change to the eula …. "You acknowledge and agree that we may transfer Game and your Account information (including your personally identifiable information and personal data) to the United States or other countries or may share such information with our licensees and agents in connection with the Game." They do not want their information to go to another source they don’t trust and I don’t blame them. I know what all this boils down to is what makes the most money for SONY, and not about how the player base feels! However I feel like my game is tossed on a bus with the accelerator pushed down and we are heading for a cliff and you don’t care about outcome!
    We haven’t even had ANY fear put to rest it feels like you all are saying Forget you we don’t care. You asked for our feed back and its been given over 20 pages and we get Smoke Jumper hopping in a couple times saying he has answers but cannot share them. That isn’t helpful. It adds to our concern because if our concerns aren’t justified he would have allayed the fears we have concerning these impending changes.
    I wish there was something that could be said. That one voice could be heard before EverQuest II as we know it lost! It is an awesome game with thousands of great ideas. However its losing its great adventure and turning into a money pit and I guess that is what grieves me the most! It used to be a place to escape to, log in laugh and explore with friends and now there is little satisfaction in EARNING anything because it all can be bought. And soon your customers will be bought too!
  18. ARCHIVED-Buggabug Guest

Reading the T&C for alaplaya, particularly how the points currency worked (including a statement about payment methods being dependant on my credit rating as well as location) is what prompted me to remove my info weeks ago. I will NOT give Soe any more of my money until I have answers.
    A region lock isn't the end of the world for me or my guilds, however I understand for many it would be. I just don't want to lose all the years I've put in like I did when another company *cough* EA *cough* stole EnB from me. /cry
  19. ARCHIVED-Pipsissiwa Guest

I noticed that I haven't really noticed this story coming out on any major gaming or MMO websites - at best a couple carry SOE's original announcement. Even EQ2Wire only made one post raising a few points weeks ago and there has been nothing else since. Maybe we should be contacting them, preferably with a link to this thread, and get the story out there. Then they would be asking SOE questions, and it will be much harder for SOE to ignore the press.
    Just a thought.
  20. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Apparently the two parties signed an Agreement in Principal and have found out from their respective legal translation services that they are not in agreement after all. So now we have to wait out their negotiations to find out how badly or well we will be treated. Since the agreement was probably always about who made how much money on the deal I don't think we poor customers have much of a chance to come out of this with a quality experience. I could be wrong though, there might be floating hearts and rainbows in our future.