Official ProSiebenSat.1 is the Exclusive Partner of SOE Europe Announcement Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Ciara52 Guest

SOE-MOD-02 wrote:
    Thank you - I very much appreciate you saying something
    But yes it is way beyond frustrating now
  2. ARCHIVED-Moldylocks Guest

The degree of mismanagement here is astounding.
    The community is incensed and not one representative is dealing with this. At all.
    4 WEEKS. How is that even remotely acceptable? Its not. Not by the furthest stretch of patience.
    If I allowed this at my work, I would have been walked to the door in less than half that time.

The only reason why this is ok is because you allow it. Speaking only for myself, this absurdity has allowed a succinct clarity into just how valued of a customer SOE makes me feel.
    Patience? Done. Account with SOE? Info wiped and..done.
    Seeing all of this, coupled with how the tide has turned in the last year and a half, has put the final nail in for me.
  3. ARCHIVED-Impega Guest

SOE-MOD-02 wrote:
    It looks as though SoE are even keeping their own employees in the dark with this one which makes the alarm bells ring even louder to warn that something of pretty major importance is in the offing here.
    By now it must be very evident to SoE that a sizeable chunk of the player base is hacked off about the likely implications of this change but, the far, far, far more annoying aspect of this situtation is that SoE are prepared to behave in such a rude & ignorant manner towards so many of its customers.
    I can (grudgingly) accept that some (probably legal) aspects of the deal with ProSieben.Sat1 are not yet available for public consumption but that still doesn't prevent SoE updating us on the bits that have been agreed and to give us some insight into the broad areas still under discussion. Yes, doing this might open up more speculation but it also gives SoE an opportunity to deal with at least some of the concerns rather than just completely ignoring us.
    SoE may well argue that they want to present a full & comprehensive explanation of all the changes together with wide ranging FAQ's rather than drip feed us with information on a piecemeal basis. Again, I can see some logic in this but I would suggest that giving us some immediate information about the 2 main issues here (IP blocking and transfer of personal data) would help us to understand their thinking and the general direction of progress & would be hugely helpful. It doesn't matter that some of the subtleties & nuances remain unanswered for the moment but PLEASE give us a broad outline of where things might be heading so far as the big issues are concerned.
    Your customers deserve a little courtesy.
    Thank you.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tallisman Guest

When corporate legal discussions are being had, you can bet your life it'll be ages before an agreement is in place. In the meantime, we're left dangling in the dark.
    In these times of being strapped for cash and huge competition from other companies wanting your £££'s (or €€€'s or $$$'s) I'm stunned that SOE is prepared to hack off its customer base so much.
    I just wonder how many people have walked already...
  5. ARCHIVED-Wildfury77 Guest

It would DESTROY Nagafen more than any other server - most guilds are mixed EU/US and there are NO European PvP servers....
    SOE merged the EU PvP server with Nagafen!
    So if they IP locked the European players on Nagafen they would be stopping us from Open world PvP entirely!! I and many others would simply quit as our playstyle could not be replaced on a PvE server
    Purity - mainly EU guild, its leader is American.....
    Illuminati - (the guild i'm in) we have US/UK/Australians etc etc etc.....
    PLEASE update us! - and will i get a partial refund if you stop me from PvPing and hence end my time with this game? (8 year vet reward in 10 days)
  6. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Impega wrote:
    To my understanding, forum mods are usually nothing more than volunteers, who get the position due to unwavering support of the company (SOE). They do not represent us, or represent unbias forums. They represent the company, and do it for free...

These are not the kind of people SOE big-wigs care about telling anything important.
  7. ARCHIVED-SiegaPlays Guest

Does the powers that be have an approximate ETA on their FAQ project?
    For promotional advantages, I believe "outsourcing" the promotion for Europe to a European partner is a pretty good idea. Not that I remember ever seeing a promotion of any game from said company, but maybe I am just not in their usual target group (as a 41ish Danish female gamer).
    As a Danish player I do not see an advantage for me in getting a UK English CS forum instead of US English CS. As far as I can see, a Danish forum is not an option, and even if it were, I would still prefer the larger user base of a English (US) forum.
    One of the things I always liked about Sony was the lack of server apartheid. One client works for any game server, unlike some other more popular games that requires buying two seperate clients to access both EU and US servers. I hope this move is not creating multiple clients to access different placed servers/accounts. That would be a step backwards.
    Like everyone else I'll also have to reconsider my devotion to SOE games, if I was forced to start over on a EU server without my US friends or had to be xfered (with or without payment up front) to access my current toons.
    All in all I hope this move of SOE is to enhance promotions in EU and improve CS opening hours for everyone EU, without effecting how our gameplay and server access works today in a negative way.
  8. ARCHIVED-Chakos Guest

Tallisman wrote:
    Which makes the OP incredibly shortsighted in the first place. They *had* to know the unease this statement, with absolutely no details to offers, would cause this type of outcry. Until they had some info to share, they should not have posted anything, much less ask for constructive feedback when no info to feedback on was given.
    The fact that over a month has gone by since the OP and now, with no details whatsoever from the OP, is absolutely ridiculous (as are the legal threats / implications lol)
  9. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Chakos wrote:
    Isulith had to post something.

Smedley had already been flapping his floppy lips, without thinking. Staff from ProSiebenSat1 were already talking about it on their forums. The cat was already out of the bag, so to speak.

It's of no suprise that SOE and PSS.1 did not even think about customers, and how they would be affected, before a pathetic attempt of backslapping each other over the "fantastic deal".

More than a month later, SOE still have no information for paying customers. The bar of incompetence being set by SOE, continues to rise higher and higher.
  10. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

I find it utterly staggering SOE continues to treat its customers in this way mind blowing it really is.
  11. ARCHIVED-Seresta Guest

This is my constructive feedback: if you force me to change to other server and leave my guild (raiding for 8 years) I will leave the game. It's easy. I don't know why you always say something and then stay quiet. Maybe some kind of sadism that after 8 years (paying) start to bore me.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

13. ARCHIVED-DonnyOddlegs Guest

I begin to wonder if this thread is less about providing the opportunity for us to leave feedback and more about keeping the feedback tucked away where it's less likely to be seen. Post about this subject in any other section and just watch how fast you get moderated.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ciara52 Guest

Well I would think someone calling German support would be well aware of the time frames. Seems like that was a pretty lame answer to the person's question.
    I wonder now will it just happen and we won't even get a chance to clear out our personal info before it gets handed over to someone else.
    This continued silence can't mean good things. And I sincerely hope I am wrong.
  15. ARCHIVED-Iuwene Guest

Ciara52 wrote:
    You know, even if you can clear them out now, there is always such an odd think called backup...
  16. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

Well...
    The orignial post was on 1-12 and today is 2-14 (Happy Valentines all btw), so I guess those who had the over on a month won the bet.
    Should we get a pot going for two months?
  17. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

I still say it will be announced at close of SOE business day on a Friday (Maybe it will be the first thing that the 'new' producer bothers to say to us) and in effect the following Monday.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Raknid wrote:
    How about the 12th of Never? If they don't bother saying anything, they can't be accused of having said anything wrong. If they don't confirm or deny anything, they can't be accused of contravening an undertaking.
  19. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Holly "Windstalker" should have addressed our concerns by now. Sadly she has remained unduly silent since her ascendance to SJ's former throne.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rubiade Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    This matter has nothing to do with the dev team since it is not game content related.
    This case is more the business of Brasse alias Linda Carlson, the Director of Global Community Relations from SOE.
    But hey, the silence can be either: good or bad.
    So lets hope the best.