Official ProSiebenSat.1 is the Exclusive Partner of SOE Europe Announcement Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

Please use the following thread to discuss the official ProSiebenSat.1 is the Exclusive Partner of Sony Online Entertainment in Europe announcement, which was posted here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=513482.
    Please remember to keep all posts CONSTRUCTIVE. Thank you!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Fudged Guest

I'd like to know if this will affect the update schedule - will we still be getting the updates the same time as US-SoE run servers or will we have to wait longer than the normal same-day-but-at-5am-GMT

Also what about where we get our new expansions from? will we have the choice to DL direct from SoE or will we be forced to go through this new company?
  3. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

What will this mean to us in a practical sense?
    Will we still have access to the US based CS or will we be forced into dealing a clueless crew based "somewhere" ?
    Will we be using the current log-in or will we be using one on Alaplaya's website?
    Will this maroon characters on splitpaw? Do we need to move them back to a US server before they are stuck at Alaplaya?
  4. ARCHIVED-deadboy Guest

How will this effect us, will we have to use the ProSiebenSat or will we still have the option to use the SOE login and accounts and have nothing to do with them, as i and i'm sure many others have no knowledge of them.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Lots of words on that page, basically SOE and Alaplaya saying they're both very happy, but neither is saying anything about how it affects the European customers.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Now that a German publisher sells SOE games in Europe, does that mean that SOE will start fixing localisation bugs? 7 years after launch of the game would be the perfect time :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Helanor Guest

Have no idea who they are.
    But yes I would like to know more about how it will affect me in England. I've always played on the US servers with friends.
  8. ARCHIVED-Fred Bear Guest

I have played a couple of games there (Sevengames) in German and the translation problems are still there, although not quite as bad as they are here, Wantia Table = Wantia Trollzombie being the best SOE effort I have seen recently
    I have a couple of worries, mainly down to the fact that I play US servers and on Valor, does this mean my account will suddenly only apply to one or other? I don't think paying twice is an option but I have friends on both and would like to continue with both but dread the situation as it was when I tried out Freeport back in the day, some characters have full privileges and some have none depending on the server.
    On alaplaya.net they state that you will be able to login to all the SOE games with an alaplaya account, they don't mention existing customers or accounts
  9. ARCHIVED-Nerferis Guest

I would like to know how will it afect the already existing players. As some people already asked, I also would like to know if we will be able to stay on our current servers or if we will be locked to alaplaya's servers. How will it afect the upgrades and expansions we already purchased. Same goes for everything bought with SC or SC not spend since Alaplaya uses AP.
    This questions may seem overreacted with no info on the matter yet, but recent experience in "loco online" just 2 months ago, one of alaplayas own games makes me worry we could lose them. If we have to play on alaplaya's server with their managment would we have to face a new fresh start like their custumers had to do on loco online after a little revamp?
    When will this cooperantion efectively start and when will we get detailed information?
  10. ARCHIVED-Sharann Guest

How will it affect account management, billing, SC transactions and game updates for EU players?
    In a nutshell, what will change for us?
  11. ARCHIVED-brummy2 Guest

more soe fad that will fall on its butt
    eq2 moblie was the best one so far
    this will be the 2nd
  12. ARCHIVED-Fred Bear Guest

from alaplaya.net -
    "ProSiebenSat.1 Games and thus alaplaya will publish and promote the following high-quality games exclusively for Europe"
    in the world of free-to-play that "exclusively" usually means IP blocks so European players are locked out of US servers and non-Europeans are locked out of the European servers
    that would be a disaster, I know many people who play both
  13. ARCHIVED-Kuroitsuki Guest

Isulith wrote:
    Firstly; two words... Live Gamer... we all know how well that turned out.
    To be honest, it is all very well cutting and pasted a press release into the forums, but what EU gamers want to know WHAT IS THE IMPACT
    Is it only the EU non English servers? does it include Splitpaw? Billing? What happens to all our grandfathering / subs we paid to SoE, all our SC items, LoN cards etc. As someone else pointed out, Alaplaya recently deleted all ingame items bought in a reboot. A similar fate was to be has when Night Owl Games divorced SoE over Dungeon Maker, world was rebooted and all SC items / progress lost.
    Veteran status, billing, price, updates, cx service, portability (i.e tfer to US / EU servers)... Is SC still an option, what about SoE GTC?
    Most EU customers have only just forgiven you for the "ubisoft years" of DoF and KoS where you could not buy the Xpac at all in Europe and you could not get from the US because of "licensing terms". Seriously, I got my copy of DoF the day after release and I was considered "lucky", lucky cos the servers were offline for 18hours after patchday... lol
    Is it a case of they run the servers and market the game and get a revenue share, but otherwise status quo?
    Frankly I find it disgusting that this information has been in the public domain for over 24 hours before we even get a courtesy post. PR is not difficult.....
    Are refunds going to be available to people that paid for years subs if they do not want their data transfered to a 3rd party?
    the list goes on.... Get the bloody Producer or Smedley on these boards to answer stuff PDQ!
  14. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Lexicon@Splitpaw wrote:
    Good post we need answers and need them faster than the backslapping nonsense from the promo post.

I have no idea who they are and frankly wonder at how secure their systems are if indeed they do take over billing etc(but of course we dont know becuase the post tells us nothing)
  15. ARCHIVED-rollando Guest

Are we going to be exiled from the US servers?
    What is going to happen to Splitpaw? Do we have to start again as level 1 characters ?
    Do we lose the running suscribtions and Station Cash we have ?
    Are we still going to get updates ?
    What security regarding our personal data-including bank ones- does it offer ?
  16. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

i just paid for 11 chracters to be transferred to Splitpaw. If this means exile will I get my money back?
  17. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Fred Bear wrote:
    what's the point of playing an online WORLDWIDE game if the developers want to play a game of contential iron curtain on everyone?
    They shouldn't even try to force existing european accounts into ProSiebenSat.1's account system.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

Well, i might not understand it, perhaps. But for my opinion, the group only handle the distribution, not runing the games? am i that wrong?
  19. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Obviously what happened here is Live Gamers contract ran out and this was a more lucrative deal for SOE, nothing wrong with them taking a more lucrative deal... depending...
    What is puzzling and the lack of response in the thread is status quo from SOE.
    What does the exclusivity clause mean?
    Why has this not been answered yet? Why come here and post something if not prepared to clarify reasonable questions, these are not trolling questions, these are not negative questions, people are obviously concerned and confused and rightfully so.
    Maybe the 'Feedback thread' meant just that because technically when you call this a feedback thread you are under no obliation to respond to anything.
  20. ARCHIVED-Nerferis Guest

Zergosch wrote:
    That is one of the points we would like to know. If it were like that, it would be fine. Problem is there has not been made any clarification on the matter after 3 days it was announced. But reading alaplayers announcement in their forums it looks more the other way...
    "We are pleased to announce that the renowned developer and publisher Sony Online Entertainment and ProSiebenSat.1 Games agreed on a cooperation which means even more fun and diversity for the steadily growing portfolio of games which can be enjoyed with your alaplaya account."
    They also say you will be able to log with alaplayas account login.
    http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/alapla...on-t485688.html