Nul's unsubstantiated rumor mill.

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Nuladen, Feb 23, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

Ranja wrote:
    Ah, ok. Well intuitively, this does kind of make sense. So, please correct me if I am wrong here, but with for example, the RSB being 70/74, you can equip it and use it at 70, but you wont get optimal damage from it until you reach 74, or put another way, your damage is discounted until you reach 74.
    I actually have no problem with this, however, for itemization, it would be nice if both these characteristics were published so one could more optimally equip themselves generally and on a case by case basis.
    Clearly, with the arrows, the situation is much muddier. One must be level 67 to use what is really a level 70 arrow. However, the process by which a level 70 arrow interacts with say, a bow that is really level 79 seems to be where the problem lies. Does the level of the arrow at 70 discount the damage from the bow at 79, or does one need the true level of the arrow to exactly match the true level of the bow to get optimal performance? Is this what Aeralik meant when he said he was going to band a variance of 5 levels i think around bows so the arrows would interact properly?
  2. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

voxranger wrote:
    Yes it is true but only because of the arrow situation. Make the weapon a sword and you dont run into this problem. Your level 70/74 sword will do level 74 damage no matter what. This is why Aerlick is giving the arrows +/-5 levels (or hinted that he would). So when bows with item level 84 appear (like our mythical) they are allowed to do full damage using t8 arrows. This is also the reason why users of the RSB should see a slight increase in damage when the new arrows come out because the bow is actually 74.
  3. ARCHIVED-WebinKaltani Guest

Beele@Nektulos wrote:
    Yah.... uhm... I guess we'd have to play it by ear? Actually, if what Aeralick is saying comes to fruition, it won't really matter so much what level the bow is, or what level the bow thinks it is. I'm only just learning about the Dev Chat, so I don't have my head around everything yet, but it sounds like my spreadsheet may become less useful after LU44.

Which is what I've always dreamed of.