No Othmir playable race huh?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Gyakusetsu Guest

Gnolls. 'Nuff said. I think a gnoll could be built on the Ratonga skeleton, with some minor tweaks. Othmir would have to have their midsections stretched to make it look good... which might be possible, but I don't know about that.
  2. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Naw the Orcs are universeal enemies, Gnolls have been used as NPCs as well.
  4. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    So have orcs. The Shiny Brass Shield HQ, that orc in the Feerrot, that Deathfist traitor in DFC, Vargorn the Historian (Crushbone quest NPC), the Janitor dude in Crushbone for that quest...

Whereas not a lot of gnolls have been used as NPCs other than Fippy Darkpaw and the Splitpaw Saga gnolls. 'Sides, the orcs already have a model that can wear player armor and do all the proper player emotes. Not to mention, they have a helluva fleshed out back story, comparable to even some player races. (And more than comparable to Freebloods.)
  5. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

ttobey wrote:
    That's good enough for me. I already have 11 characters anyways and am unlikly to make another or pay for a race change potion.
  6. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Also, hey! You can actually ally with the Ry'Gorr in Velious! More reason for an orc playable race, IMO. Or, an opportunity for Ttobey to throw in that old-school green orc illusion...
  7. ARCHIVED-Enever Guest

I would rather not have orcs. Becasue the way it is now, Team good is missing a race to even out the numbers. I doubt an orc would be 'good'.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

I have no problem that we can't play teddy bears. Can we be bunny rabbits too? I wish froglocks would be wiped out too
  9. ARCHIVED-Buneary Guest

there could always be a clan of Orcs that aren't "bad" and decide to team up with Kelethin (maybe a group that leaves Crushbone?), just for example.
    there already is a few Orcs that dont follow the "normal" routine of being bad. just imagine a whole clan of those.
    almost any race can be playable, they just need an appealing back story as to why.
  10. ARCHIVED-HH_Silver Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=478267&post_id=5517455 Please keep it civil
  11. ARCHIVED-FlamingDuck Guest

Othmir Beastlord. I think my nerdy life will be complete.
  12. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Buneary wrote:
    See, I think there was a missed opportunity with the Deathfist leaving the Commonlands. You know how they send their criminals and such back there to join the Bloodskulls? Well, I mean, there has to be some resentment towards the Deathfist there. Maybe, they could have cut a deal with Freeport. Proved their worth to the Overlord, like the Iksar slaves did in the Battle of Defiance to gain their freedom, though perhaps in a different manner. Certainly the Bloodskulls would hate the Overlord's enemies, Qeynos, thanks to the Green Hoods.

Or, maybe nowadays, they could cut a deal with the Sarnak of Gorowyn, who let pretty much everyone and their dog waltz right on in, despite an allegiance with Freeport. Freeport and Neriak, then, would have to recognize the orcs as having legitimate Gorowynian citizenship papers and such.

Also, nice necro, FlamingDuck.
  13. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

I don't see a real need for Orcs as a player race, considering how in depth their illusion already is. On the subject of racial illusions though, there is a distinct lack of Aviak illusions around. We now have Hooluk, Aviak, Vultak, Spiroc, and the newly discovered Avazek betrayers of Xegony as varying models but only spiroc is available, and only for illusionists.
  14. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

I want Orcs/Gnolls as player race, we need orc females LOL because ... just because! look how lonely they are in crushbone!
  15. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Morghus wrote:
    It could be more in-depth, if they went back to the old orc models...
  16. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Ulgrim@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It would have to apply only to the illusions.
  17. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

I'm sorry but the developers don't owe you anything, this ridiculous sense of entitlement that so many online gamers have is way out of line here on these forums. It's their game they can add or not add what they want to it, don't like it? There are other games to play. ( This goes for any other problems one feels necessary to voice about the game on a forum) Feed back is appreciated I'm sure, but an ungained sense of entitlement is not.
  18. ARCHIVED-FireDragon Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Hey Ttobey, could we start getting permanent duration / unlimited charges illusion items in the SC marketplace?

All EQ's cool races.. Aviak, Gnolls, Minotaurs, Centaurs, Othmir, etc etc.. I would buy them all and buy character slots to make characters with that species, etc.

Please add illusions in this way to the empty SC illusons tab!
  19. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

FireDragon wrote:
    I'd rather have a Gnoll and Centaur race.