No Othmir playable race huh?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Meaghan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I tend to get the names mixed up ;p and it was a Gnoll I was wanting
  2. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

ttobey,
    Out of curiosity, did you consider trying a ratonga skeleton? I'm visualizing it in my mind, but I can't tell if it would be close or really really crappy.
  3. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Meaghan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I hope we get to see some modelsthat were removed from game but looked fantastic.
    The Avatar of Disease was a Rotonga Zombie that looked amazing.
    The Avatar of Fear was such a unqiue and awesome looking NPC as well.

I hope they can incorporate some of these models in the future.
  5. ARCHIVED-ccarro63 Guest

ttobey wrote:
    I'm disapointed, but your point is well taken. It seems that there should be a skeleton already in game that could be used. Even if it meant minor tweaks to the Othmir look. It would be nice to see some sort of dog race as a new good character though. Maybe a skelly could be used for this?
  6. ARCHIVED-Zsargrieb3 Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Is that what you guys get paid for? Maybe you should hire more people if you can't handle it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zsargrieb3 Guest

Winter wrote:
    One word: Vanguard
  8. ARCHIVED-EndevorX Guest

Zsargrieb3 wrote:
    The Canine species in Vanguard seems awkward...
    Three words: Gnolls or Drolvarg
  9. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Cinnimon wrote:
    The model I was talking about was not the EQ1 model, but accually the EQ2 one they showed at fan faire, If I could find a pic of it I would link it.
  10. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Grimknight@Kithicor wrote:
    Um, it has been said about once a week SINCE THE LAUNCH OF THE GAME. That you will NEVER, EVER, in a MILLION YEARS, see another class added to the game. THAT is why it gets censored, and the "hate".
    First, off the way the class system works in this game, they CAN'T just add 1 more class into this game, they would have to add atleast 2 differant classes, one good, one evil. Though, in reality for true balance sake they would have to add 6 one for each Archtype, as well as good/evil.
    Second, it is already a HUGE amount of work just to get 24 classes unquie and relitivly balanced, something they have been failing at(not that even god him/her self could achieve that) for 6 years. Adding even 1 more class into the mix would make the problem exponetially worst. Then there is also making all the spells/CAs for the class, redoing all the armor so that the class could equip items, adding in a new epic quest(wich is old content), a new Class hat(old content), etc.
    Fact of the matter is adding a new class is HUNDREDS of times more work then just adding a new Player Race, and Ttobe has already said IN THIS VERY THREAD that they don't have the man power to even do that, so your out of luck. There will never be a new class added to this game, get over it.
  11. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Zsargrieb3 wrote:
    Consitering they just LAID_OFF someone, I seriously doupt they are in the finantal position in this game to be hiring more devs. You got to remember they are first and formost a Business and that means they need to make a Profit.
  12. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

kela wrote:
    It seems my good friend, in your blind hate for new classes added, you have forgotten a few things. Firstly, Most classes are neutral now so the good/evil balance doesn't relate any longer. Secondly, balance is a joke. All they would have to do is judge max dps of an animal pet and reduce the classes other CA's to match up with a current assassin/brigand. The current classes all have the same abilities as it is already, just different names.
    Thirdly, by recently laying off a Dev but charging ahead with EQ2X, they have shown that obviously they have enough Dev team for new projects. Lastly, but not least, their will never be playable Othmir.........GET OVER IT!
  13. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

It is not blind hate, it is extreem anoyance at morons who can't take a flat out, unaquivical NO for an answer.
    As for your first point, UM, you are aware that even the "Neutral" classes have an "opposit" right? therefor even a "Neutral" class in the current system would REQUIRE a second class.
    As for your second point, if you notice in my little post, I accually agree that balance is a joke, hence the whole "Even God couldn't give us class balance" thing. It however doesn't keep the devs from trying it, besides is more then just Balance the devs want to achive is is Unquieness too wich you cleaverly avoided, knowing full well that your whole "all they have to do" argument then falls flat on its face, as does any argument in favor of a new class, because making 24 class all unquie is next to impossable, adding more classes on top of it, would just make matters far worst.
    As to your third point, UM EQ2X is intended to BRING IN LOTS MORE MONEY, of course they have enough devs to add in a project that they deem will bring in more money then it cost to impliment, wich likly isn't all that much, as a good deal of it is basied off of already exsisting systems. It is FAR differant then adding in something that there is no way in heck they would be able to even remotly recoop the investment in time and effort to bring a system in.
    Lastly, I don't know where you figure I am in support of playable Othmir, cause the whole "they just laid off comment" was in responce to someone DEMANDING Othmir cause if they can't handle it hire someone who can. My point was they are getting rid people, so they are hardly in a position to HIRE someone just to add in Othmir... You see UNLIKE new class morons, I can accually "GET OVER IT" when a dev tells me...um what was it again? Oh I know...
    "WE HAVE NO PLANS TO BRING INTO THIS GAME. NO. NOT HAPPENING. UH UH. NO WAY. NEIN. NYET. NON.
    Read my lips. No, new classes."
    From right You know right here, pined to the top of the gameplay forum for all too see.
    ::EDIT::
    darkened all the comments made by me in as I transformed into a troll in this responce, it is not really worth it, so I'll just leave what the current dev position on new classes in the game are and be done with it, and added the words "From right"
  14. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

I know it's the completely wrong species, but I think it would be hilarious if the Othmir dance were the Caddyshack gopher dance.
  15. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

OK That I have to try to get in.
    "I'm alright..."
    Why that gopher sounds like a dolphin I will never know!
  16. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

ttobey wrote:
    it would really be cool if you could get the rights to play just a few seconds of the song, client side only maybe while the dance happens. :p
    I know that is not your department, nor is it something that probly far closer to impossable(even given unlimited time/resources) then easy... still it would be cool.
  17. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

You are absolutly correct, as such I have via an edit darkend(I try not to gloss over my errors in judgement) out my immature comments, and just left the importaint bit, where people can see it without highlighting it.
  18. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Now this I could be ok with.... Perhaps even as a NPC Othmir that has an anagram name of Bill Murray???
  19. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=445320&post_id=5403934 Insults are not necessary for you to get your point across.
  20. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Here's some research!