No Othmir playable race huh?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

OK Smokejumper. You're supposed to be Mr. Let's-make-it-fun. You have already underwhelmed alot of people with this expac announcement and it's freakin' Velious. Good job. That takes effort.
    No Othimir as a playable race? Wrong answer. I suggest you fix it.
    Seriously. Gallenite has Rift coming out soon and he was by far the best producer this game had. Do something to compete and prove your Mr. Fun guy and not Mr. Item Mall guy.

Wait, I got what you're doing. Playable Othmir coming to a Marketplace near you. 2000 SC.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calainis Guest

Having Othmir as a playable race would be so awesome! I wouldn't buy them for 2000 SC though....
  3. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

/want playable Othmir.
  4. ARCHIVED-Enever Guest

After seeing the concept art, as if they were going to be playable...
    Also the good guys need an exclusive race to balance the Sarnak's entry on the bad side. I understand it will be lots of work, but it will be truly unique and maybe attract some new people to the game to try out a new feature, and to be introduced to the other content.
    Othmir would be awesome and I was very disapointed they were NPC. I'd even ask for an Illusion of one if they can't be made.
    The bad guys have a distinct advantage over good. Having more things jsut for them. (such as NEriak as opposed to the 2 other good cities now [Kelethin and Halas])
    Just my 2 cp.
  5. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

I'm sure there will be an illusion for Othmir. Making them playable is a huge amount of work. Getting new armor sets working for such a distinct body shape is an enormous task. The animation set for a playable character is in the 500 -1000 range while an NPC only has a max of 86 animations.
  6. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

Yis. But!
    /still want.
    /grabbyhands
  7. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Enever Guest

I want too! it was one of the things I was hoping for since I heard of Velious. Besides, the good guys need a race to balance the races. The Evil have one more exclusive race then the good, heh.
  9. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Yays!
    *pesters boss man to let ttobey give us playable othmir. Pester, pester.*
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Seriously, Goods need another race to balance out the Sarnaks, just as much as they need another good diety to balance out Anashti Sul.
    Does this new race need to have a city? HELL NO! At this point in the game, you've clearly put lore on the backburner. Just introduce the Othmir as a good race, stick them in every city, and give them the lore explanation that Qeynos assisted in saving their villages in Velious from some impending doom, and have opened up good relations with the race. Qeynos got to them first, and not Freeport, so the Othmir pledge their loyalty to all things good.
    It's that simple.
  11. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Othmir + Prexus = Win
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Prexus is a neutral god though. Always has been. We NEED Erollisi Marr. There can be no substitutes or exceptions.
  13. ARCHIVED-Enever Guest

Would be nice, I was hoping with New Halas, since it was orignally part of Velious. the sad thing is, the amount of work for the new race is the only thing keeping them back it seems. I can just keep hoping.
  14. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

ttobey wrote:
    I have seen the number of animations issue used on more than one occaision as a reason to not do sometime. In some cases though, I suspect that the players wouldn't really mind not having as many animations to get something really nice.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Ratonga are going Neutral. So it's balanced. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-FireDragon Guest

/sign

You Otter get right on this.
  17. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

ArivenGemini wrote:
    Not as many animations would look unfinished and not "something really nice".
    But it's not just the animations, it's fitting the armor to that body shape. There are already enough complaints about thus and so armor bits not fitting just right on all the races.
  18. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    othmir dont need armor, neither do ratonga and kerra.. natural selection will eliminate the ones who cant compete.
  19. ARCHIVED-Narino Guest

The work will be worth it, give us Othmir!
  20. ARCHIVED-Lady Shai Guest

<---would LOVE to be able to play a rastafarian fez-wearing otter :) That would sooooooo make me happy :)

All I ask is that we get a racial emote of laying on our backs and cracking clams on our bellies :p