Nizara shiny meta garbage

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kham, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Entropy Well-Known Member

I'd say I'm surprised at how bad this is, but I stopped being surprised by poor itemization choices about a year ago. The dev team has shown a consistent lack of understanding of the side effects of stat scaling and which stats players want/need. The fact that we have trash items that are "all AMOD, almost nothing else" is an example of where basic math would have informed itemization strategy. If you're going to give us options with 300-900POT in any given slot, that automatically makes everything else much, much worse by comparison.

A gentle suggestion to the dev team: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...calculator-combat-engine.571986/#post-6366040. Download that spreadsheet. Play around with it when you're allocating stats against item budgets. I would say this should already be part of your process, but there's strong evidence that it is not.
    Ratitz and captainbeatty451 like this.
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

lol... that made me spit out my coffee.
  3. Korucuu Well-Known Member

It seems that this item was discussed on the Discordapp thingy yesterday. The following was said:

Feldon likes this.
  4. Ratitz Active Member

Provide a link to the conversation, please.
    Otherwise i am doubting this, because
    1: you mispelled fervor
    2: the proper way to refer to one object is not "they"
    3: why would there be this conversation on anything other than the official forums.
  5. Erevis Cale Member

Not entirely sure how to link the thing (because I'm dumb), but its here (maybe) https://discordapp.com/channels/228604818057330688/228604818057330688

Kander spelt fervor ferver. Also wasn't aware it was bad. Said it's going to have 10 fervor (and other things) next update.

I'm assuming he (Kander) said "they" because it's two things being updated, not just one.

And apparently they're having discussion on the discordapp because the forums have become increasingly negative, or something. Which I agree with (forums being negative). Don't agree with the information only being posted there but oh well. It's something I guess.
  6. Korucuu Well-Known Member

Erevi
    I see Erevis beat me to it :)
  7. Ixian Active Member

Have you seen how many typos are in EQ2?
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

So Discord has been setup as another channel of communication between developers and players. It is being used extensively in H1Z1. At one time they had 2,100 players actively participating in it in 10 different subchannels. We'll see how successful the EQ2 one is. You can choose to ignore it if you wish.

I've posted an announcement on EQ2Wire and I suppose I should post an announcement here about it as well.
    Xianthia and Ratitz like this.
  9. Yahku Active Member

Is that really all, or is there another item as the reward? I see only a small amount of reliable information here. If thats really it (even if it will be a 10 Fervor belt), thats the worst joke i ever heard. Hundreds of hours for a "normal player", an instance which is far more challenging than the corresponding raid content and in addition to the useless loot (even after the improvement), such an affront? I really hope, that this is only incomplete (information). . .
  10. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I have to admit....I am beyond disbelief about this reward. Seriously, who is in charge of stuff like this??
  11. Ratitz Active Member

So they said they would fix this, but its not in the patch notes. Any reason why?
  12. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Obviously either it made it in and didn't get a patch note line, or it didn't make it in and we'll have to wait at least another week. Flip a coin at this point, it could go either way.

(Unless the servers made it back up while I wasn't looking and someone has proof either way)
  13. Ratitz Active Member

It was edited. It's still not worth it.
    [IMG]
    Needs 15 fervor instead of 10, Fabled tag, flurry, and 200 more potency to be considered adequate for the amount of work needed.
  14. Ynnek Well-Known Member

It certainly needs.. something... If this is supposed to be BIS, and not replaced until well into the next expansion (as was stated by Kander)... It's somewhat missed the mark...
  15. ZUES Well-Known Member

Yup, still garbage in relation to the amount of effort and money needed to complete the set.

Green and blue stats all need to go up 25%. I agree with it needing 5 more fervor. It should also be fabled, not legendary.
  16. Heck62 Active Member

Does the item being fabled matter?
  17. Arieva Well-Known Member

It does when fabled has higher resolve and most raiders are needing a belt with 5-7 resolve on it
  18. ugloopni Active Member

Has anyone asked Kander directly? If he really feels this is best in slot, we might have a bigger issue :(
    ZUES likes this.
  19. ZUES Well-Known Member

There's a difference between best in slot and relevant gear. This is the end all be all zone in terms of current progression outside of raiding. It's loot should reflect that. Shinies are a fantastic part of EQ2. But they can be insanely expensive and hard to obtain. Hence the reason they have great gear for the current tier.
  20. Arieva Well-Known Member

Maybe they intend it to be best in slot for heroic content which short of the low resolve it arguably is. With the high potency on it the ferver could be adjusted up a couple points from what it is.

I personally would like to think the devs have come to their senses and decided to leave the truly best in slot item as the raid buildable belt. It's one of the few items raiders still show any interest in acquiring. I miss the days of actually having more than 3 worthwhile things to raid for. Perhaps the devs have decided to bring back the distinction between heroic and raid. I sure hope so because another expac of this kind of itemization will destroy raiding in this game for many guilds