Nizara shiny meta garbage

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kham, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

Somewhere, someone will find this item to be an upgrade. And that person will become the poster child for why this reward is OK for the work involved.
  2. Estal Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Less than a minute in ms paint, I'd call it a start:p
    ZUES and Ratitz like this.
  3. Eddard Member

It's a combine belt guys...come on. get with the program. You need to do the heroic shiny grind on 4 different toons, then combine the 4 belts into a 4 fervor legendary belt. :rolleyes:
  4. Ratitz Active Member

Should put a troll face (or something similar) on the item on eq2u.
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Ratitz Active Member

Increase the sda/flurry by 3 each, make the crit chance 175, and make it fabled. Then its worth the amount of effort.
  6. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Yup.. came back today and still got a little chuckle out of this.

A Dev response would be awesome btw.. Somehting along the lines of : Sorry guys, we werent expecting this to be completed so quickly. The final reward isnt actually in game yet. This item is just a placeholder. Expect to the see the new item in our next patch. "
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Considering that the stats are similar to many of the drops in the advanced solo version of the zone, the meta collection items are beyond baffling.
  8. Rougez Active Member

I'd wager this item was suppose to be the solo collection reward and the neck was suppose to be the meta choice...
  9. Estal Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Numbers and tag fixed, still has the problem that it is nothing special as its just bigger numbers of stats we have on everything, but I'm not going to the effort of making up a bunch of rewards with actually unique effects.
    ZUES and Ratitz like this.
  10. Erevis Cale Member

If we're dreaming up ways to make that better....

Add 10% mit and block, remove the +health (because itemizing for this stat annoys me), make the weapon skills 7x the number they are now, and make the STA higher than all the other green stats. Then, in the effect, add in the "Increases chance for beneficial spells to receive Legendary, Fabled, or Mythical Crit by 375" like the deception belts have.

Because reasons.

Would make the thing (a lot) better than the raid belt from zek and like...turtle or something, but it takes you 2(ish) raids to get 1 raid belt finished. This belt takes quite a bit longer to get.
  11. Estal Well-Known Member

If there was a purpose to it beyond making a point about just how far the original misses the mark by I would happily whip up like 20 different actually unique items, but we all know the work would just go to waste.
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Be reasonable folks - last version looks as a real BIS atm
    Persistent 20 fervor? - looks great considering what efforts take to assemble 16 fervor belt double cast AND flurry certainly welcome addition problem is flurry is meaningless nowadays and SDA easy to come anyway
    AMOD/Pot/CB most certainly looks great and so is resolve
    What I rather like to see instead of Flurry/Health/Weapon Skills is something along line
    %Mit, %Health and "may be" increased chance for procs
  13. Anaogi Well-Known Member

I got flak for not wanting to have to get to 7k potency (plus the Resolve threshold) just to enjoy the Heroic zone.

Y'know...I feel smugly justified at this stage.
  14. Kham Active Member

15. Eddard Member

Please elaborate :)
  16. Estal Well-Known Member

With fervor supposed to affect wards (can we have it fixed plz?) and heals capped by health pools I don't think we need that effect any more.

Could always have the second reward option with defensive blue stats.
  17. Kioske Well-Known Member

Why on earth are we upgrading a belt that was recently put into the game with Zek?

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2119261472

Why not actually add a unique item into the game? Honestly, if I'm going to be upgrading my raid belt by doing a collection quest from a heroic zone, you can see why people are up in arms over itemization. Especially considering that this BiS belt from the raid zone requires a pretty decent raid force and came out 4 months ago. Should have been an upgraded version of the Duck Portal mythical helm, since you guys never upped the stats on that during the "invigorated" stage of the itemization. Maybe a really cool buff that allows you to equip a 3rd relic piece or second greater relic piece?
    DoomDrake likes this.
  18. Erevis Cale Member

The better question is is why are you taking ANY of the "upgrades" seriously, as your post seems to indicate? It's not like they're actually going to be upgrading the thing. ps. The real belts are on the first page, yknow the super awesome legendary ones? So the zek raid belt is still the best.

And it's not like they haven't made people upgrade BiS items after only four months. Remember the beginning of this expac? Changing gear every couple of weeks!

But w.e.

Please change/upgrade/do something to the end meta collection, otherwise it's a huge waste of time for all parties involved (be it botters or floppers or a group of friends who consistently run the zone for the shinies)
  19. Estal Well-Known Member

I simply took the original and upgraded the numbers to be somewhat in line with current itemization trends and effort to get it.

If it was worth the effort of actually coming up with something unique for a reward I'd do so in a heartbeat, but we all know that it would not be worth it as DBG seems content with their current itemization bot and the eradication of unique effects.
  20. ZUES Well-Known Member

I can't speak for you, but for me personally, I consider the rewards (gear) of this game justify my time, effort and money. When the reward is garbage, so too is my effort. Based on the countless threads about itemization, gear mechanics and specific pieces of gear, Holly should be involved. Again, that's my opinion. The chain of command is a valuable tool that should be used when all other means have been exhausted.