Nizara epic trash

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Dabb, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Dabb Active Member

that would def be a welcome change thank ya
  2. Rondo9 Active Member

Better then RTT loot? kinda of hope not consider the 100's of hours people have put in to get them
  3. Dabb Active Member

I hope its right on par with it, why do I wanna be forced to go to RTT for upgrades? What if I don't wanna play on RTT? Big ups Kander
    Livejazz and Kioske like this.
  4. Kioske Well-Known Member

The RTT was a fail in my opinion. It was only good if you were someone that has 40+ hours a week to spend on a video game. I played 24 TOTAL hours on the server, refused to use the Krono system to transfer plat for shinies, and I got to level 20 with around 200 quests done. In the same time (3 or so weeks) there were people already level 80 with all the quests done and characters that had 90% of the server uptime in playtime. (Tell me how that wasn't exploited somewhere). I already raid 10 hours a week and play outside of raid long enough to run ethereal dailies, I don't understand why they would also put in a huge time sink server at the same time and put all those BiS items from that server. Looks like I'll be spending 1 mill plat per green adorn.

I digress. I'm excited to hear the loot will be changing. I think the loot is okay for the zone, but it wouldn't be bad to have some of it upgraded, especially to quiet the complainers in lieu of nerfing the content.
    Livejazz likes this.
  5. Rondo9 Active Member

I wont argue with what you guys are saying, I don't agree with having to spend nearly 400 hours on another server to get BiS items for my main. But spending that much time for a few month of that kind of gear well be very disappointing.

What really needs to happen is bring back gear itemization, Raiding is currently worthless if you're not a guild clearing all content.
    Livejazz likes this.
  6. Dabb Active Member

I personally disagree with the whole RTT server idea, all this does is thin out the current population and makes it hard to find people to group with, bad idea.
    Stealthmode, Livejazz and Lucus like this.
  7. Raenius Well-Known Member

Should have integrated R2T server on live-servers, where you are required to create a new character with given ruleset (no grouping with non-event-characters, no trading with them, etc.) - could have been done, but too late I guess.

Might be a chance if another event is being managed under similar terms.
    Dabb likes this.
  8. Anaogi Well-Known Member

RTT was litigated in advance and nobody listened. I'd say it's a very dead issue now.

Also, I love how "stats aren't everything" but I shouldn't bother with a zone below 7k Potency.

Or I may just be getting crabby in my old middle age.
    Malleria likes this.
  9. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Well... I took that to mean you'll need more than stats to win, not that stats don't matter.
  10. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Stats aren't everything doesn't mean stats mean nothing. Just means stats alone won't get you through. Reading between the lines thought he basically told people to suck less, which is honestly refreshing coming from an MMO developer.
    Livejazz likes this.
  11. Anaogi Well-Known Member

And they wonder why I felt insulted.
  12. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

You could also read it as polite encouragement to keep trying...
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Original Nizara did suck - it was time that you HAVE to have enchanter to do that zone and it was a time when CC actually meant something. I barely can recall that loot was not really worth efforts (back in time) and basically unless you have great crowd control one would have great death toll.
    Now reading this topic it become painfully clear why no PUGs running this zone ... Speaking about armor - Stigian and Maldura x4 BAD example - in most cases we are talking about 80ish Pot/CB (and its all that matter) while MC give you 100 Pot/CB and good group can clean up trash in raid Zek for 130ish pieces - thus if armor on the level of 80ish CB/POT it's really not worth it.. 922Pot neck also not impressive - easy meta reward from Varsoon give you 866 or if you are fortunate eth give like 992
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Why?
    ToT sing ring 800+
    Zek heroic ring 800+
    Varsoon Earring - 800+
    2x charm from AS Nizara - 455 ea
    Glided page neck (collection) - 866
    Glided page earring - 528
    Just those jewels give you about 5k Pot
    mindful infusion, at least t2 gear from TOT and you should well over 6.5k Pot
    Almost forgot bracer from AS Nizara - 800
    Tone of 443 or so braces from Zeks
  15. Raenius Well-Known Member

Also can play on Race to Trakanon to obtain 2x silver coins for two 989pot charms - IF you got the time and endurance, that is.
  16. XDespiseX New Member

Are there any plans to upgrade any of the jewelry in this zone? Lots of pieces with odd stat distribution on them like lots of flurry, or ability mod, or crit bonus but unfortunately these items aren't really wearable with the huge amounts of potency available on other items.
  17. Ratitz Active Member

18. XDespiseX New Member

Yeah that earring is great.

Just wish the other jewelry options were designed similarly, but their stat distribution doesn't weigh stats appropriately.

I.e. http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2676817991 - 10 doublecast in exchange for 800 potency

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3195107862 - 20k ability mod in exchange for 300 or 400 potency

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/4235879761 - 30k ability mod instead of 600 potency on an equivalent item like Captain's Hope.

Anyway, there are still good reasons to go to the zone, just bummer that items without potency are just automatically muted because there is no situation in which they are more useful than relatively easy to obtain alternatives.
    DoomDrake and -Soteria- like this.
  19. Dithmir2 New Member

What are the reasons to do the zone? I went through the rigmarole of completing it once but im failing to see any reason to go back. The shiny collection rewards are not even in the same ballpack considering the effort involved to complete them. The only attraction is a minor upgrade ear and the fact that the zone presents a challenge. I enjoy the challenge but there has to be some better rewards for the time and effort involved to attract people to want to run the zone.
  20. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Best as I can tell, there isn't. Even though my defiler is theoretically able to handle the zone now I haven't bothered due to the loot.

Really, I'm somewhat stumped now as to what the entire point of the exercise is.