Nizara epic trash

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Dabb, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Dabb Active Member

why do the trash mobs in this heroic zone flaunt more mitigation and HP than Zek raid trash? lol might wanna pipe it down a bit, little ridiculous
  2. Kioske Well-Known Member

Isn't it actually kinda nice to go into a zone and not have the trash die in 1 or 2 spell casts? In all honesty, they should go back and revamp the Zek raid trash and add HP and mitigation to them, not remove it from the new content.
  3. Dabb Active Member

No lol just no, there should never be EPIC X4 trash mobs in a HEROIC zone, ever. I refuse to spend 2 hours clearing heroic raid trash, stupid. it needs adjusted
    Lucus likes this.
  4. Primitive Member

I like it hard! ;)

Can we have respawns back pls ....
  5. Dabb Active Member

u go ahead and spend 2 hours clearing just trash lol
  6. Noobtroub Member

dont need to clear all the trash to get that epic mob to heroic
  7. Rarrum Active Member

I have to agree with Kioske.

With the Zek stat bloat, all heroic zones become ridiculously trivial:
    • Even before Zek, named fights were too fast. For a while we at least had MC as a "place where the game can actually be played", but now even that's trivialized. For classes that take 45+ seconds to ramp up, we never get to actually play the game on current heroic content.
    • All of the ToT heroic zones can now be trivially duo'd or solo'd (no mercs involved), except MC and Scourge Keep.
    • Even MC/Scourge can now be run without a priest (if you have a good beastlord) or without a fighter (if you have a really good healer).
    It's refreshing to have a heroic zone that you can't just blow through with your eyes closed using any stray set of cats off the street. It's only one zone, but at least it's one where you have to thoughtfully put together a group and try to play your class to its full potential.

-

That all said, the root of the problem is still stat bloat. Several years ago hp was increased so heals weren't always 100%, so that mechanics didn't have to be one-shot-or not (with wards generally being the only way to not). But unfortunately stat bloat has put us right back into that same position.
    Livejazz, -Soteria-, Scalo and 3 others like this.
  8. Anaogi Well-Known Member

I'd just like to know why a full group of raid folks with around 180 resolve are getting chewed up and spit out by the first named...
    Kittybock and Dabb like this.
  9. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Biggest problem is that mobs get pulled through walls, floors, and ceilings from AoEs and Devastation Strike. Yes, the high HP stats on the trash is a PITA, but it's just getting 2-3 groups swarming on you that is causing the issue.
    captainbeatty451, Fozziex and Dabb like this.
  10. Dabb Active Member

Exactly what i'm saying, I can tank Zek mobs and Psionist on my Zerk, but in there I get chewed up like a rag doll with a full A1 raid geared group...this has to be a dev joke or something, because honestly who beta tested this and said that this was cool? Its not funny, an the loot is no where near rewarding for such a "challenging" zone, matter of fact I can promise you we wont be going through this zone any more because how ridiculous it is. Have fun with it
  11. Ghah Member

I enjoy the zone, it's refreshing to not have a zone take 5 minutes to clear. I have no issue tanking the zone and hope they don't nerf it because "it's hard".
  12. Chrol Developer

Stats aren't everything.
    Livejazz, Montag, -Soteria- and 4 others like this.
  13. Asherman Active Member

Really enjoying Nizara and having to pay attention on what you are doing. Agree with previous comment that it is missing the trash respawns which would be great to have back as well so you need to make sure you keep ahead of the groups you just cleared out when working through it.
  14. Kioske Well-Known Member

Dabb, if you can't handle nor do you like the new heroic content, maybe you're better suited to just stay in the trivial ToT zones. My group is doing just fine in the new heroic zone, we're not being chewed up and spit out on the first couple of mobs. If you're having trouble on the first couple, just wait until you actually get to the tough named.

That being said. I'll reiterate, it's actually nice to go into a zone as a warlock and not cast 1 AE spell and watch everything in the zone die over and over. I've soloed/duoed just about every heroic zone other than MC and SK. The game was not meant to be that way for current content. The Nizara zone is a breath of fresh air. The game was not meant to be blown through in 15 minutes after new content drops. Learn the strats, the named aren't impossible to beat.

(Daybreak, please don't nerf this zone just because there are some people who complain about not being able to complete it)
    Livejazz likes this.
  15. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

The days of running amok with aoe and just roflstomping zones are coming to an end... i.e. Scourge Keep, MC.. and now Nizara. We've all been spoiled with our ability to bend combat mechanics in our favor and clear new content in a matter of days - I'm seriously glad that some more challenging / though provoking encounters are becoming more commonplace. Are your aoe's and dev strike hits bringing all the snakes to the yard? Welp - maybe run singular focus... utilize better pulling methods.. #gitgud.
    This clearly demonstrates where it isn't how many ethereals / raid gear / etc you have - you just might need to have some skill and put some thought into a fight prior to running in, dropping insolence and some AE's and hoping your hacked healer can keep up with rune wards.
    Livejazz likes this.
  16. Dabb Active Member

I've been playing this game since 2004, it's not a matter of handling anything, its a matter of putting RAID HP's on mobs in a heroic zone. Who wants to spend 2 hours in a heroic zone, if you do then that's your thing maybe you play hard core for hours on hours. If the devs think its too easy then stop empowering the characters with the ability to out grow their system system in such a short time with hard endless stats without diminishing returns such as POTENCY among others. I have completed it, its way too much for terrible loot, if you are gonna make a heroic zone a mini raid zone then MAKE THE LOOT mini raid worthy too...or how about this, why don't they just go through ALL the ToT and Zek content and have the HP and MIT to reflect your new mini raid zone? Why not? Everyone will just love that idea.
    Laiina and Lucus like this.
  17. Dabb Active Member

No they are not, but loading trash mobs with raid hp plus adding mit is not the answer either...
    Lucus likes this.
  18. Dabb Active Member

and FYI, I have NO problem with the named mob encounters, kudos on that but the trash mobs having raid tier stats is pie
  19. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Mini-raid zone? Really? This zone is exactly like the old nizara in terms of difficulty. Imagine that. A game that requires skill, and time investment on your toon to complete.

Basically this. If you cant complete it, it means you:
    a) aren't geared enough
    b) aren't good enough at your class
    c) have a (several) weak link(s) in your group
    d) all of the above.

A zone that is difficult means that if you aren't up to the task of clearing it, don't go in, die repeatedly, and then expect a company to cater to your needs because you think everything should be tiered to where you are in the game.

Daybreak designed these mobs to take into account the Zek itemization boost. Of course they are more difficult. That's called logic.
  20. Dabb Active Member

wrong, I ran the zone on a toon with this tier level gear vs hp and the trash is no where near as overdone with HP