New Tunaria Warzone Beta

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Smoothwards Active Member

the zone is bugged you cant zone back in after you leave the zone
    RazorOP likes this.
  2. braike New Member

will you repair this??? or beta is unuseful
  3. Vengeance New Member

You can still zone in through Timorous Deep
  4. Deadlyfocus Active Member

5. Deadlyfocus Active Member

Game need to be about skill and smart play, not about grinding.
    Dingaling likes this.
  6. Angelic New Member

The beta buffer does not give you your mythical making it hard to test new characters. Also there are no white adorns for purchase.
  7. Xakanis Active Member

I do not want to spend the time to get another 50k tokens just for war runes. That is absurd. I'm coming up on my busy season, and own two companies. I'll be working 16 hour days most days, so if they make them stupidly priced, I will not see them before the next expansion.

The price for Jewelry, Weapons, and Armor are already too high. We shouldn't be making a game into another job.

The reasonable price is 2000 to 3200 per rune.
    Daalilama likes this.
  8. Xakanis Active Member

Go to live server and type /beta on the toon you want to test.
  9. Deadlyfocus Active Member

Yep no more then 3k, would be also nice to have a reforger and mender there
    Daalilama and Dingaling like this.
  10. Angelic New Member

3k is even too high, the runes should be like 1500 max.
  11. RazorOP New Member

i cant zone in from TD its gray'ed out
  12. Joys New Member

I think having the runes drop from the X2 is far better then being purchasable. If you allow people to buy them with tokens, then we are back to square one with why people run BGs all day rather then any other pvp option, if these things are only obtainable via fighting those X2's in the war zone, then it would funnel more people into that zone, inturn creating more pvp. Cobalt star was the same way, until you could buy them from the merchant, then pvp in cobalt star died...
    Slant and Savej like this.
  13. Xakanis Active Member

By doing this you create a situation that no new player, or alternate character will get these because they can not compete with the stacked groups that will be in there, and eventually the zone dies because only a few groups will stand there waiting for a fight.

There needs to be a different incentive to fight in this new zone, like having the quest reward give 600 tokens since it is a 30 kill quest or something. If the reward on the quest giver isn't substantial then the zone is a failure to begin with.

Do you want to fight a x2 that requires PvE stats, while being attacked by possibly three other groups in PvP gear, locking you in PvP against this x2? We attacked it, and unless it changes you'll need proc gear and 650 crit to bring it down within a reasonable time, which means if any single person attacks you, it is a bust.

Poor design. IMO
    Dingaling likes this.
  14. Savej Active Member

[IMG]this is in TD, the only portal that even has the option and its grayed out.
  15. Vengeance New Member

I too think that players on naggy tend to pvp where there is the highest reward of tokens like WFs and BGs such. For that reason i also think that the writ giver needs to reward more then just 75 tokens for 30 kills. Pvp in this new zone will be full of strategic well thought out groups made from some of the best players on naggy. Getting 30 kills here will be much harder then getting them in a BG. In a BG 90% of the time u can get 60 kills in 10-15 min because its full of unorganized pugs made with the matchmaker. In order to keep naggy players here it needs to be much higher rewards for the writs. We can go to a WF and get 75 tokens from just killing 3 people solo not to mention 300 tokens if u win the WF which can end in as little as 2 min. The writ giver should reward at least 600 tokens maybe even more ( 750 = 25 tokens per kill ) for 30 kills imo
  16. Buffrat Well-Known Member

If this is about adding new pvp content, from the outside it seems easier to add it in as a new BG type than working on a way to let blues copy to red for a few hours. There are definitely pve mechanics on the bg server since we had that ice pvpve zone for awhile. There are all of the major chat channels except /tells. You can form groups. I guess there's no looting, maybe?

If this is about reviving Nagafen's open world pvp, I'm not even sure that's possible anymore. Open world pvp is dead because a) the only overland content available is solo questing and sos, and b) pvp stats are ******. I am by no means a hardcore pvper in any game but I feel open world pvp would occur mostly where people are questing/doing pve content, but that's not possible in this game because of how nerfed your character gets when someone engages you in pvp combat. The fact that you have to balance all of the pve mobs in the new zone around pvp stats proves how badly the current system works for open world content.

IMO It should just be placed on the BG server and let open world continue on it's deathbed since open world pvpve will never be balanced until players have more hp than overland solo mobs. This is essentially a battleground where the zonein is only available on one server anyway.

On another note, what about Valor/Storms/Sebilis/Barren Sky(/Harla Dar)? Will this instance be added to Harla Dar? Will non-english servers be allowed to copy to Nagafen to experience this zone, or will Barren Sky be able to copy to Harla Dar while Valor/Storms/Sebilis are completely SOL?
  17. Dingaling Member

This is so true but the problem is right now and why i want the merchant also is this zone in its current state is far to easy for bigger guilds to farm. The zone is awesome and i commend soe for the effort however its the wrong number of players and the wrong zone should have been Dark Light Woods and 60 players+ or even Commonlands 90+ players
    Xakanis likes this.
  18. Bunji Developer

A fix for the Warzone entry widget is being pushed to Beta in the next several hours.
  19. Xray Active Member

I think some of the X2s in the new zones hits too hard. This is impossible to take down if you dont have a solid group tanking the named while having a group or 2 to guard for pvp. This will force guilds zoning in with huge population so they can get their kills. Before in CS, we would need a x3 to kill the x2 turtle, and x5 or x6 to kill the x4 dragon, and you are still able to see x4 of different factions trying to disrupt. how is this 6v6v6v6 going to work? I see big guilds going in there and camp the zone while fighting themselves every 60 mins.

Can you make some of the x2 mobs dont hit as hard, but have a HUGE HP pool, while casts periodical knockback or CCs or power drain gives whoever engages it a disadvantage while they are also engaged in a pvp fight? As of right now, you would probably wipe with some small amount of pvp disturbance.
    Daalilama likes this.
  20. Luanne Active Member

The x2 mobs are fine if you are in PVE gear, problem is, we aren't in PVE gear, and if we are enaged in PVP combat the heals/damage stats etc. change. All mobs for pvp only need to use PVP stats like toughness makes the mob hit you less hard, and lethality increases dmg done to the mob, and attacking the mob engages you in PVP combat like if it were another player (so the blue adorns work etc)
    It's the only way..