New Tunaria Warzone Beta

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 13, 2014.

1. RadarX Community Manager

Folks this is a friendly reminder to stay on topic. Any discussion not specific to feedback on the new Warzone has been removed.
  2. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I like the size of the zone and the potential for open world pvp albeit encapsulated in a special instanced zone via right clicking on the champions respite portal.

However I do have some concerns some of which have been brought up previously
    • The new Warzone is essentially following the same premise partially as Warfields did when they were implemented (by inserting pve content (the tower guardians)) into open world pvp. While Warfields looked good on paper they have been a disaster from the moment they were put in. From zone lag the likes of which most blue server players have never seen, to exploits and bugs used against the guardians to I don't know how many zone crashes.
    • While the only trash or NPC's within the zone are the roaming writ giver and the x2 quest mobs, which should minimize lag somewhat compared to say KP, if the x2 quest mobs are not tuned right it could lead to problems. Most of the players here have pulled contested raid mobs only to be thrown into pvp combat by one of the 2 opposite factions (again another issue blue server players have never faced).
    • When BG's/Warfields went live, it took less than a few weeks before the blue servers players got nerfed or removed most of the special pvp server specific items removed and the pvp server specific armor and gear that wasn't removed granted to them via a merchant. With regards to the new Warzone, specifically on the new temp adorns and blue War Runes, is there the intention to make them accessible to non pvp server players for BG's or will they remain only obtainable from the pvp server and if only obtainable from the pvp server will they work in BG's? Reason I ask is I don't want to go through another round of blue server wambulance chasing again.
    • Have more than 3 zone in points been discussed as with only 3 viable zone in points you are setting players zoning into Warzone to run smack dab into potential choke points.
    That's all I have atm though between work, raid and RL haven't had the chance to get back on beta in the last few days but intend to do so.
  3. Glida Active Member

I totally agree with this. This map seems a little random and empty.

I also think we are spreading out the server population to thin. Why do we need BGs, open world pvp, and a totally seperate warzone? It's sort of confusing and they all seem to have been half-***** or left unfinished. I think if this new format is the way to go then they need to just incorpate the best things that worked from BGs and open world pvp into it. Like how someone mentioned earlier of having to run there instead of going through the portal. Also, a lot of people prefer to pvp on lower level toons like myself, so I think it, if it's not already, should be like BGs in how everyone is the same level. Then everyone from all servers instead of having to choose between BGs and this new warzone will be on the same page.

I'm too casual of a player to go into the ins and outs of pvp and balancing, but I know that consolidation is usually a good thing.
  4. rayden Member

Adding a vote to allow all servers to nagafen warzone. Fighting same 15 people gets old.
    And increase zone max higher than 36, for larger guilds will lock an instance down.
  5. Slant Well-Known Member

Fighting for the wrong thing here, let all servers zone into Nagafen, there is no reason to limit them to the warzone.

Agreed, push the cap as high as it can be without causing server lag.

And I'll add my own complaint that i mentioned at the beginning of the thread

6. rayden Member

7. Slant Well-Known Member

After I die in this zone I have to camp in order to gain the effects of bolstered endurance / attributes again. It also sometimes is required to reapply my group potency adorn.

Anyone else having this problem?
  8. Caith Developer

War runes, including the blue ones, should have a built in check to re-apply after x amount of time. Try giving it about a minute to see if that happens.
    Slant likes this.
  9. Xray Active Member

New Tunaria Warzone is a BG option for people enjoying premades. If you have a handful of friends on and dont want to grind BGs, all get in the hub, chances are, you will pickup someone you need who is also looking for group to fill your group. From the look of it, I think this will be fun, but I still think there should be some mobs or items soloers/small groups can handle in random places in the zone, because there is a population limit, and you are not going to see a few perfectly setup group in the zone. I smell a couple of groups with good setups, and then the pickup groups consisting 2 healer and 4 tanks for example.

And when Blue servers gets access to these blue adornments, they will mix in with the action. I know there are guilds on blue servers wants to bring their premades and try out. However, I truly hope this Warzone can be implemented successfully as the first step. It is important because if this is successful, it can go 2 ways: 1, Never allow Blue server to have access to Warzone, so people have to either character copy or transfer to Nagafen server for Warzone pvp; 2, Allow other servers to right click the portal and zone in Warzone from their server. This will most likely result in pvers moving their toon to raid/instance on blue servers, and pvp in the BGs and warzone since it is accessible from blue servers. This will potentially impair Nagafen population. This is the second step the devs have to decide if the Warzone is a blast. More subscribers and in-game service income, or less work load and easy management.
    Daalilama likes this.
  10. Slant Well-Known Member

Big hint SOE! Choosing between option 1 and 2 here is like being on a 50 story building and choosing between the stairs or leaping off the roof. Faster's not better! One will make your legs (or pvp) stronger and the other will kill you(r red server) dead!
  11. Feytahl Member

I predict a few guilds pretty much locking down their own instances and farming tokens like there is no tomorrow.

RIP BGs & Warfields. Both been broken for a quarter year anyway.

On a positive note, that means Dreadnaught gear will be attainable for farmers/xploiters before they're replaced by next xpac. Well, maybe.