New Tunaria Warzone Beta

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Pippin Active Member

In another post on BG/PVP board someone confirmed blue adorns are available in this new zone.

Your comment states PVE players cannot access this zone therfore am I correct in assuming these upgaded adornments are for naggie players only ? If so that creates a big unbalance between PVE server toons in BG gear and Naggie players in BG gear :(

Any gear available to nagafen players that is usable in BG should also be available to PVE players to earn in BG please if we cannot access this warzone (which btw is very dissapointing in its own right).

Edit: If we are able to zone to Nagafen to zone into this zone and zone back to our home server just like BG hub then ofcourse this is not an issue but the "copy to nagafen" has not been clarified if its one way only yet that Im aware of..
    Meidjum likes this.
  2. Xeos Well-Known Member

It has been drilled into my head over and over again, my class is unfortunately terrible for group fights. So can we have a version of this that is every man for himself, just 36 solo people roaming around having a huge brawl. No mobs just PVP for tokens (with recent list).

I enjoy this class and I have to just "suck it up" and understand that I will never be viable or wanted by a group.
  3. rruken Active Member

thanks for the effort caith! I appreciate it

hopefully a class balance fix goes through soon... looking at the new blue adorns tho they seem pretty game changing... the blue adorn with the 11% increased range of all spells, cas, and ranged attacks really helps ranged classes more than it does melee... I mean fighting a ranger with the increased range, cast on the run, and the other blue adorn which increases your in combat movement speed by another 10% is just ridiculous.

another thing that should be considered...
    fae and arasai glide in pvp combat needs to be removed... its been broken since you came out with the race..
    you chase them down finally get close enough for a stun but they jump right before and glide 20 meters away.. they jump and glide at a ridiculous speed and a ridiculous distance

plz fix arasais they have the biggest pvp advantage over all other classes especially on a ranged class that likes to kite
    Exur and Dantiss like this.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

I don't feel this is the same as you think it is
    you could say that about Gears or Ganak currently. you revive in a spot where you are "safe" until you leave. but in reality it just means the campers have to be 5m farther away than they normally would be.
    essentially it's just a "kill area" cause you know people Have to leave the safe zone eventually, doesn't matter if you hang around in it or just a little out of it. it's a camp zone
    where multiple random zone in locations would lower that risk :p not get rid of it at all, but def lower
  5. Caith Developer

I don't think you understand how leaving the safe area works, you don't walk or fly out of it, you click on an activator and chose one of three teleport locations much further into the zone and not close to each other. Those entrance points may become a target for people camping, and if it becomes an issue then I will certainly look into either adding more destinations, or randomizing the specific port in spot at each general location.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

well that's what I suggested in the first place when I mentioned I haven't tested it. 3 random locations is good. will see how it goes I guess, could have just said it was what I said :p
  7. Exur Well-Known Member

don't derail Glida.

Ucala, the area is completely blocked off and you port to three different areas with the zone. You port in "live". I suspect most of the griefers will just hang around these port ins, but there a mobs in there too people should be gunning for. port in and get ganked. Revive and port somewhere else I guess. Should be doable with a zone cap of 36.

I thought of suggesting to allow the ports within the zone to be usable to get around, but ONLY if they had a 20-30 second cast time to use. We don't want them to be used as a way to avoid pvp. But then I realized it's likely more problem then it's worth. Just run to the location you want to.

PvE mobs need to be adjusted and I'll agree on the adornments. They are pretty crazy OP and they may be more problematic then their worth. Just let the mobs drop tokens I say.... unless you're going to address the insane gear cost. :)
  8. Xakanis Active Member

This is going to create a major imbalance for those who have, and those who have not. If a large guild manages to get 24 players in the zone, they'll be able to farm this x2, which is damn hard to kill, and will not be manageable as it is if there are four different groups fighting it out.

Not only that, this will create a major imbalance in BGs, because the blue servers will not have active purple adornments. Please reconsider and put a price on these adornments, put them on the adornment merchant, and allow the x2 mobs you have in place drop Dreadnaught Armor, Weapons, and/or Jewelry.
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Adornments dropping off of mobs could potentially be very problematic on who will kill the roaming x2's. Would be better to put them on the broker for currency cost.

There are only 3 zone in points from the safe area....would suggest adding 2 or more additional zone in points as the size of the zone will spread everyone around.

The portals seem to only allow you to zone back to your home city once in the zone and sent me to haven...which wasn't my home.
  10. Exur Well-Known Member

I've always said.. keep it simple.. have mobs drop chunks of tokens. Done and Done.. put new gear/items in BG hub. This looks really fun, but how you mange and prevent farming tokens/fame is something I don't know how you're going to police.

Oh.. and again, you should really consider making PvP tokens like Loyalty tokens. Bind them to an account and not characters. It's really the ONLY way I can see you enticing PvE players copying over to Nagafan to play for "rewards" they can take back to their mains.
    Xakanis likes this.
  11. Vengeance New Member

The new zone looks great....lots of little places to hide and sneak if u are solo and still big enough to get some good 6v6s in....i really like that the bridge dosnt have any mobs wandering around it so it can be the pinnacle of 6v6s and 1v1s. The blue adorns are a great idea imo. Adds more difference in the game so players can customize a bit more. i do feel that the dispelling blue adorn is a bit OP though...in a few 1v1s i had it seemed like it was going off every 10-15 sec, add that proc to everyone in a group and it will be next to impossible to build increments on a wiz / lock or even keep buffs and heals on the group ....dispells imo are already a bit out of hand and this would just fuel that fire. Other then the bugs already known in the zone the only other complaint i have is the X2 mobs need to be adjusted a bit. Atm the crit requirement for them is 650 but in pvp people will be shooting for around 450 to be able to crit 100% of the time....even in full dread gear im still short 10 crit to be at 650. We fought the mob for 11 min with 4 people and only managed to get it down to 92%. The mobs need to die a bit quicker if a 6 man is going to have any chance to down it before they get engaged by 5 other groups
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

Or down it with PvP! Please make sure the mobs are designed to be killed while you are in "pvp combat". Should just design the entire zone so you're in "pvp combat" the entire time.
  13. Savej Active Member

Currently zone is glitched, nobody can enter from outside.

Also
    Well, provided you kill a X2 mob and then happen to win the roll on a 1/25 shot at the proper rune, then sure...the stuff is available. As currently set up, I wouldn't count on having your selection of the new blue warrunes as a "counter". The way this warzone is set up, it will be farmed. Anyone like the sound of farm? Seems like everyone just is chomping at the bit to go farm. Farm farm farm, fun fun fun. Hey, I'll grow a tomato now and again, but I don't play this game to be part of some farming conglomerate. What's going to happen shortly after they release this warzone, I've said it from the get-go...Guilds are going to insert their people into the zone, farm both tokens/fame/mobs ad infinitum until they have "geared out". In the meantime pvp will be ludicrous. And after they're geared out (Freep zerg of WF redux), everyone who wasn't in the conglomerate will be calling for nerfs as they can't compete. I see nothing on beta that indicates this won't be the case.
    Daalilama and Rustiie like this.
  14. Xray Active Member

You can only zone out from Warzone but cannot zone back in from CIty.
  15. Xakanis Active Member

Many of the items found only on the Vintage Merchant (PvP ONLY Merchant) no longer work in PvP, for example the Mobius Strip. These items were created for PvP only, and can only be purchased with PvP tokens. Please fix this on both live, and beta.

Thanks.
  16. Xakanis Active Member

In most cases you can exile in 15 minutes, even switching classes like Templar to Inquisitor in that same time period. or at most 60 minutes.

This is far, far less time than it takes to get 50 Loyalty Tokens, which will be spent on other things that are far, far better. The only way this change would make sense is if you could switch across Archetypes, say a Templar switching to a Mystic, and so on. With no changes the cost of this should be no more than 5 Loyalty Tokens.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

it's a little different on pvp servers since you can be say a qeynos alligned pally.
    I am sure tons of people know of the fast 10 min betrayal for when you are good aligned, but on normal servers it takes atleast an hour (usually more) to go from say qeynos-freeport, which is required if you want to say betray a paladin to an SK
    worth 50 tokens though? eh...probably not
  18. braike New Member

we cant zone in....

yes put war runes to vendor
    around 8K tokens to 10K tokens each would be ok
  19. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I think if the war runes are placed upon the broker which is what most if not all players would like...anything over 3k for a war runes is excessive (3k is a lot but its a war rune and quite frankly a heck of a lot better than the CoE blue proc adorns).

Side note: current ToV pvp gear is still priced bit high. I know you need to add in time sinks for us so we don't call for new stuff every other week but the prices could use an across the board 15% reduction especially the champions armor upgrade gem (both of them).
    Xakanis likes this.
  20. braike New Member

no 8 10 k will be ok or everyone will be full war rune in a week