New Tunaria Warzone Beta

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Caith Developer

This contested zone is accessed by right clicking the discord portal from any city zone, the same portal that is used to access champion's respite/battleground servers.

Zone information

New Tunaria Warzone has been set to have around 36 players, any more then that and it will spin up another copy of the zone and new players will be placed there.

Upon entering the zone, you will be in a PvP restricted area that will allow you to form groups. To leave this area, you will need to right click on the discord portal in the center of area and chose one of the three destinations within the zone. You can also use the discord portal to return to your home city.

Once you are out of the safe zone, the only way to return to the safe area is to die a horrible, gruesome death and revive, or to zone out entirely and zone back in. No running for safety in here folks.

Making his way through the zone is a Priest of Discord, who will offer you a writ to kill players for rewards. This writ will be immediately repeatable.

There are also several contested mobs that will be wandering the area that drop rewards specific for pvp.

In this zone, the following are changes to the global pvp ruleset.

1) Complete free for all for any ungrouped player - This means anyone can attack anyone else, as if they were exiles. If you leave the zone while you are grouped, you will be removed from the group.
    2) Max group size of 6 - You cannot form a raid in this zone.
    3) No recent list. If you kill someone, and they come back for revenge, you can kill them again immediately and gain credit.
    4) No PvP Mark drops from player kills.
    5) Chat in /say, /shout, /ooc, /group, and /tell has been made available to all factions.

Notes: The current beta build has the following known bugs/issues.

Bug - PvP Marks still drop from player kills.
    Bug - Right click invite to group does not function for cross factions. /invite does function
    Bug - Single target buffs and heals are not applying to players of opposing factions in group.
    Bug - Revive removes you from your group.
    Issue - Rewards for the writs are in a very early state, expect the numbers to change. Feedback on the numbers is still appreciated however.
  2. Exur Well-Known Member

Please update thread when it's available "later today". I don't see any additional options on the portal atm. I'm "Watching" this thread vs trying it every few mins.

Thanks!
  3. Stylish Active Member

Is this zone accessible to all servers?
  4. Slant Well-Known Member

I am immediately distraught by the ease of access of this zone, I was under the belief that this zone was meant to help support open world pvp, and while I'm sure the zone its self will be fun, it would be much better for open world as a whole if you had to trek across a zone with no immunity to reach it.

If this is somehow related to PvE server players zoning over to participate then consider this. If PvEers are limited to this zone and cannot roam freely on Nagafen as they please then there is no point in the zone being hosted on nagafen as this would make the update identical to adding a new BG map.

If they are not to be limited to the new warzone that great, thats wonderful. But if this method of zone access makes it to live It will do so much less then it could for open world.

We want world PVP, and we want it to happen naturally. Placing the entrance at the back of a zone (preferably more than one zone deep) would create MUCH more world pvp and much more variety in where we fight.

The back of Mystic Lake would be the Ideal location. There are no flying (any?) mounts allowed and no fast travel to the zone or around the zone. Think about it this way. If the entrance was in mystic lake. You would create steady pvp in 3 maybe 4 zones (Mara, Mystic Lake, the WarZone, and possibly Forsaken City) all for the price of one new zone.

Please do't make this warzone half baked, this one change alone would do a great deal for world pvp.
    Dethrayzin, Jexus, Seriff and 5 others like this.
  5. Krogic New Member

I strongly agree with what Slant has said. This seems like it will be a lot of fun, but with little change it could be amazing.
  6. Exur Well-Known Member

Yup! Ganking people running for the zone in would be... wait, I don't have a ranger.

/startspowerleveling

Yes, this would be fun! Oh the zone disruption petitions would be glorious.
  7. Clairvoyiant Member

100% this.
  8. Slant Well-Known Member

Exur I've seen your vid, we both know your are more than capable of ganking on that illi lol

What was it you said?
    "Oh what you weren't ready? Thats the point, I was." May be slightly paraphrased
    Open world in a nutshell
  9. Caith Developer

Beta will come down for an update when it does become available.
  10. Caith Developer

The zone will only be available on Nagafen.
  11. Exur Well-Known Member

Oh, I'll admit it would be fun on any toon... But really fun on a ranger that can anchor in on a choke point and burn people passing thru. Mystic Lake has many choke points to easily prevent people from reaching the zone in. But only fun for a handful of people that know how to evade and play. For the rest, petitions will be made and they'll just stop feeding kills and it's dead again is all I"m saying.
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I support your comments... just with a flare of sarcasm.
    Clairvoyiant likes this.
  13. Slant Well-Known Member

I'm sure you are right about the rage but it wouldn't be long before they figured out they could would plant flags at the entrance and circumvent combat entirely... so that they can join a FFA warzone... wait a second... god and people would still do it too. People suck.
  14. Stylish Active Member

Not good.
    If this is a BG type instance, why not make it available to all servers?
    I doubt we will fill more than 1 instance on Nagafen and it will be the same people day in and day out.
  15. Slant Well-Known Member

We could optimistically hope that means the blubies zoning over they were talking about working on will be zoning onto nagafen where they can then queue.
  16. Joys New Member

I agree it would be nice to have all servers able to copy over and allow nagafen to just basically be a large open world pvp zone.
    Deadlyfocus likes this.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

they already mentioned some thing in the near future where all servers can copy their toons to nagafen if they wish
    Deadlyfocus likes this.
  18. Slant Well-Known Member

"We are also looking into a plan to allow anyone from a blue server copy to Nagafen any time they want. There would be some restrictions. We will post more information when we have it."

^ is the exact quote, here's hoping that looking into a plan has turned into a plan. ;)
  19. Smoothwards Active Member

why dont you just make a zone in to nagafen like the bg's only its to the nagafen server.. everyone's pvp server would be nagafen, and let nagafen players chose a server as there main pve server. SOE owns DC Universe right? you have it in there. its the same thing you need to do. would be awsome
    Livejazz, Xakanis and Joys like this.
  20. Mezzingo Member

We getting fames or any changes on fame system or just no titles and fames like in bgs?