New Rune for Conjuror

Discussion in 'Mages' started by The Fonz, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Arieva Well-Known Member

I find it funny that anyone is even talking about the summoner rune. Yes its not great but who cares..it functions. The gross injustice here is that the effect on the MAGE rune does not apply to anything of significance on our class and every other mage and scout in game benefits much more from that same effect. The smart summoners are arguing that fact and the not so smart ones are still stuck on the summoner rune. Pick your battle guys.

I think this conversation is getting convoluted because some are talking about the rune as a whole with three seperate effects. Summoners arent being left in the dust atm due to the summoner effect but rather the mage effect. Especially Conjis
  2. Dotuming Active Member

I would very much like to see your baby level testing where you can prove it actually applies as you say. Not visual displaying that it is applying, I mean actual numbers showing the increase you are insisting is there. I know I have done my testing and found the summoner rune does absolutely nothing for innate pet abilities, nor any spells cast thru the pet that can be proven by numbers. I mean surely someone of your testing stature should be able to prove over and above the random numbers each time.

Kinda like when you go from expert level pets to ancient...you might think its an increase...but you could be wrong.

They toss crap like these runes (all of them) in game with no testing, no verifying things work, can't be bothered to fix things when items like this aren't working and expect us to just shrug it off and soldier on. I won't be buying the expac until i see that they ACTUALLY have things fixed and class balance (Profession based) is actually there.

So in other words...never.
    Beee likes this.
  3. Mark John Member

Exactly. I have 5 accounts: 2 for me, 2 for spouse, 1 for family. I have cancelled 3, and I play 5+ hrs a day and have spent a lot of $$ on this game - for many years. My membership will still be active for a couple months. Spouse can decide herself.

It wasn't just this issue, but a plethora of related issues.

There are, in my opinion, numerous ways to address this one: straight fervor, add green-text damage to swarm pets - to avoid lag issues quoted by Caith (much like the fighter rune adds damage to threat generation abilities), etc.

Perhaps I should just spend $500 in an attempt to boost my character after having spend many, many hours this summer earning ethereal coins for both gear pieces level 5 and runes and comparatively got worse? /sarc off
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

NO ist does not function for the pet. spells / abilites
    In a babyparse with Ethernal Mastery: Summoner for a conjurer there is no difference if the rune is on cooldown or unused
    This is just one of the frustrating things here
    And even the player controlled spells like soulburn do not get much of the 0->50 fervor it's more like 30 real fervor
    But even this is not noticeable in a trainingsparse with real conditions
  5. Arieva Well-Known Member

The point is so the F what Beee? Have you seen the troub rune effect? Its garbage too. You are asking devs with limited time to look at an effect that is not great when tons of classes have an effect somewhere on that rune that is questionably useful. Our conji effect remains good. So we got stuck with a meh summoner effect. It would be no big thing if the oodles of fervor on the mage rune actually worked for us.
  6. ishkabibble New Member

the point is that with more things being broken than not, (whether artificial gating or ,more than likely, the lack of attention that used to be given to development/testing no longer being there) the motivation to log in for another mindless grind is definitely at an all time low. if you don't understand the impact of that than i guess you enjoy broken things and look forward to days of actual testing on live being thrown away without regard. at this point in the xpac, we shouldn't be beta testing.
    Beee likes this.
  7. Corran Member

conj dps is still kick *** .. could be worse you could be a bard ! :p
  8. The Fonz Active Member

Translation = Dont say that something is broken if there is other stuff broken. Since other stuff wont be fixed either, just dont say anything.
    Beee likes this.
  9. Arieva Well-Known Member

More like get the stuff that is seriously hurting the class fixed before you worry about rattling your sabres over not having the best effect in the game on our subclass rune...
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

It's sometimes a small - unneccesary - dripping that overflows the barrel

Actual it's really frustrating playing a summoner when even a free ancient spell does not give more output
  11. semisus Does not play this game

Its so many issues at once
    Fervor not applying to swarm pets or pet abilities that goes through us
    Elementalist spells that increases our profession dmg doesnt work on pet or swarms
    All our clas spells like crystal blast even with crystaline destruction does really low dps , fiery annihaltion etc
    Unda doing really does low compared to daggerstorm , as a summoner we have really no great aoe dps

It gets frustrating to see everyone's dps improving except your own

I just find this subclass rune to be a joke , its obviusly not been thought out at all

Im happy that fighters got a good rune and effect and i just hope for next expansion they will try to do the class balance that was promised for last expansion as there are alot of classes that could use some help.
    MSMS and Beee like this.
  12. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Watching yr dps go down as you go up the raiding tiers compared to others is a real kick in the teeth, then watching yr dps stay the same after every one else get full stat sharing runes and abilities is another one .

I think frustrating sums it up.

If stats share at 100% then why are we smashed so hard as the raid tiers go up , why are there old patch notes that says sharing stats were reduced with no new update ones ever saying other wise ?
    Mark John and Beee like this.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

Summoners do not scale correct

If you take only 80% of Fervor, CB, Potency you get only 50% (0,8x0,8x0,8) of the additional performace for pets.
    Using other additonal mechanism like "potencymitigation" the grain will even get worse
    And that's what summoners see

And we can test and confirm that stats do not share 1:1 at least since Jun 7, 2016.
    This was OK bevor the grain of the whole PoP expansion.

Getting a 50 Fervor proc at the primary pet which does almost nothing, a restmechnism which resets almost nothing, a spellfervor and combatarts 15% rune that does not work on the pets; all this reported months ago
    All this really makes (no)fun and (de)motivates for months

The whole summoner rune is just the top of an iceberg
  14. slica Active Member

Damn, this still going on?
  15. Enigma Active Member

Why wouldn't it keep going? It's a issue that should be addressed/fixed and until it does it should keep going!
  16. slica Active Member

Good luck
  17. Aniko Member

Rune will be useful if it is applied to swarm pets as well
    Otherwise, it is uselessly spent eth coins.
    Maybe the devs will hear me? :(
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

simple answer: Yes, but they ignore it

I switched back to the old rune.. Avatar's Infusion https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/279271149 works better than the new one. Better a modificator proc which works than 50 fervor on the pet or 15 spellfervor without functionallity

With this behavor summoners will never catch up the 150B dps class :cool:
  19. Mark John Member

It is too late for me. As Slica says good luck. Playing since 2001 (EQ1) and continued to EQ2. Five accounts for me and 2 other family members. Mine are already cancelled.

For me it is an issue of intentional class imbalances that motivate people to spend $$ to compete. This has happened across multiple classes most certainly not just Conj. PTW. I no longer trust DBG to maintain a reasonable game balance devoid of the motivation to force people to expend more $$ to remain competitive; I know players who have spent literally thousands to do so.

If I knew, that with the upcoming xpac, Conjs were getting two new spells: Conjured Cataclysm and Conjured Apocalypse, that would launch them to the top of the dps heap, I would not change my mind. Firstly, have to GM to be competitive; then Ancient, then they get nerfed a bit, etc. etc, spend another $500 you will be at least ok...
  20. Legionair Member

Well if there's going to be no rules on who is a T1 DPS then I want that Fighter Rune unnerfed back to the way it was when it was 75% of my DPS. T1 DPS usually was referred to wizzy assassin warlock swash rangers Beastlord, Then it went to the summoner classes, but that's not the way it works now. /shrug