New Rune for Conjuror

Discussion in 'Mages' started by The Fonz, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Anunnaki Active Member

It's been this way for years now. They have a rollercoaster for how well off a summoner is. They share stats with pet, it becomes OP, then nerf it. Rinse, repeat. That is only a bandaid because scaling gets more and more out of control as xpacs come. This has happened every xpac for as long as I can remember.

I know I have been preaching this forever, but in order to prevent this issue, Summoners and their pets/dumbfires need to share 100% of stats across the board. Then make adjustments to the base values of the spells to get them in line (which would probably mean lowering them, but that's okay). It's the only way to properly balance them and to make them scale for the future.

I'd also like to mention that ascension was probably the worst thing to ever happen to this game in terms of balance. I'm not sure how those spells fall in line anymore, as I havent played in a few months, but they absolutely wrecked balance and class definition.
  2. Ashandra Well-Known Member

They could Just turn them into animated dots the same as a warlock or wiz has shouldn’t be so hard to adjust the damage up or down then and it would to wonders fo lag .....
  3. Bardonio Active Member

This idea has merit! AND making the fervor from the rune apply would be top notch. Summoners pet should only be primary. Dumbfires are useless except for undead horde which is seriously unnecessarily huge spike in dps and doesn’t compare to communion for conjy. Conjys aren’t asking for too much. We’re just asking for a better balance. Or is that unfair to say?
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

The Problem: If it would be so easy they would have done it allready..
    Except the very limited developement ressources this solves a huge amount of points :)
  5. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I didnt realize that people were spending this much....on what? spell upgrades? really?