New Rune for Conjuror

Discussion in 'Mages' started by The Fonz, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Mark John Member

A demand to stop trolling from a troll. Laughable.

In case you didn't notice the title of this thread is 'New Rune for Conjuror' (sic)

So a discussion of this rune doesn't meet Slica's approval, and comments with which he disagrees is trolling.

Based on your earlier post, you should ask for some help on your parse as the top Brigands are doing better than your performance vs. Conj pet. Whatever the case, I would not argue against Brigs and their issues in the Scouts Forum. Conversely, your influence here has been non-productive and selfishly motivated.

The fact is, the rune, for which someone may have invested up to 225 eth coins, is only part of the issue with Conj. The only way a Conj can be competitive in DPS is to be very effective at ascensions and combos, because the class spells, swarm pets, 2.0 pet are all falling way behind. Wouldn't expect you to care or understand except to block another class from addressing legitimate issues.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  2. Mark John Member

The approach worked for warlocks. Go compare Cataclysm X with Cataclysm IX, Apocalypse VI with V, and Rift V with IV. For quite some time Mogrim argued on behalf of Warlock balancing, and eventually that worked despite the constant naysayers, including many others who denied Warlocks needed any boost at all. Of course, those naysayers were operating on a self-interested basis, and did not want another DPS class to compete with.

So were those massive upgrades of the spells I listed warranted?
  3. Revanu Well-Known Member

Please don’t use mogrim as a lever of balance towards the warlock class. Talk about garbage time. It seems like that touchdown at the end of the blowout that simply covers the spread, Yet the team still loses.
  4. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Stats not sharing fully mixed with potency mit doesn’t end well for a class hey....
  5. Mark John Member

Mogrim is retired, as far as I know; so point taken.

It is still the case that arguments made by many on behalf or Warlocks undoubtedly helped influence the massive boost witnessed this xpac, despite the constant counter-arguments during those forum discussions at the time.
  6. slica Active Member

Ummmm I’m not aware of any brigand that can out parse me. Good try tho.
  7. slica Active Member

I’m cool with classes being fixed...like every single one needs adjusting...but like don’t pout about it like that.. I mean come in now.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

I dont mind summerrune 2018 is perfect for a powerfull class like warlocks.

They really get a great boost out of this rune for their netherealm, apocalypse and catalycism (which benefit from spellfervor, 50 CB overcap). This is the way how a warlock with lower stats and spell quality can easy outperform any summoner allone with these three spells.

The thing is: The summoner summoner run 2018 is crap for 225 coins: It does nothing measurable (yes it rises soulburn a littel bit, but for this you have to give up emergency mana for the group) - compared with the old rune
    A summoner has to do his DPS by using Ascensions. The class itself does not scale, does not share stats correct, Pets do not benefit from spellfervor too.

Other things in the summoner mechanic like not sharing tempo, not resetable spells by recapture and i do not really believe daybreak can fix this inbalance within the next weeks in Beta as Kander told me

All this are small bricks, but a lot of bricks can build up a huge wall

Evequest2 lost 3 summoners from our guild within the last 3 months.. no wonder why :eek:
  9. The Fonz Active Member

What's with the (sic)? Did I spell something wrong?
  10. Mark John Member

Sorry. No, just a bad joke on my part: (it isn't new, it is same old, same old)
  11. slica Active Member

If your summoners are getting out parsed by a warlock with less stats say 6-10k potency and doesn’t have ancient apoc/cata etc...your summoners arenot very good. Unless it’s a big linked encounter you’d win easily as a summoner.......and your dps isn’t just from ascensions...not even close...... our lock quit a few months ago...came back for a t4 kill and I smoked him as a brig.. it wasn’t close... by 3.3 bil dps to be exact.
  12. slica Active Member

I have 10k more potency then said warlock.
  13. slica Active Member

Also, you’re not the only class that has a fairly useless adorn... try the rogue one.. 10 ability double cast on t4 mobs is well useless with the named having 40+ Avoidance... 15 fervor to our ca’s which is just meh cuz our ca’s don’t do near what let’s say a summoners spells do but alas i guess Conj are in such a terrible spot they need a big boost -_-
  14. Arieva Well-Known Member

We are the only class that got basically zero benefit from the archtype rune however
  15. semisus Does not play this game

Problem is much more than a stupid rune that does nothing , the archtype rune bascially does a 1-5th of the dmg it will give to for example a warlock
    So these spells your talking about slica please list , all of the class stuff for example crystal blas/fiery annihaltion/etc do like 1% each on our parse while the bigger hit stuff like swarm pets/ pet abilities that goes through the summoner benefits nothing from the mage rune
    Its really not that summoners are in a bad spot but going forward we will be.

How would you like if your daggerstorm and all your high dmg CA did not benefit from the scout rune but only your ascension got 5% fervor
  16. The Fonz Active Member

I still dont understand why you keep talking. Because some other classes got garbage, we should just accept it?
    How about they fix all of it? Open your mouth about your crappy rogue adorn on the Scouts section.
  17. Arieva Well-Known Member

Slica just seems to have a chip on his shoulder because brigs are true t2 with a very distinct niche utility role that prevents them from entering t1 dps territory on numbers. Devs have said as much. Ignore him.

Try to keep the arguments for change to summoners on target and i hope summoners participate in beta. If class balance isnt addressed this expac its time to do some talking with our wallets.
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

3 good summoners allready quit the game

If a high end warlock has equal stats and knows what to do.. he can do 150B+ dps and outparse all other by factor 3
    But thats not the point, daybreak allredy knows it for months, thats crappy game mechanic.

The point is a high performance classe gets a mega benefit and summoers - who need love - got almost nothing from summer rune

Warlocks do not need a nerf - summoners need a big pet boost
  19. Ashandra Well-Known Member

let my pet cast Apocalypse and my swarms cataclysm then add Stat sharing at 100% every thing will be Chickadee Boo.
  20. semisus Does not play this game

so with new expansion all the potency increases like lvl 10 ascension/potency conversions/prestige etc being changed to fervor i really hope you adjust our pets otherwise with no sharing we are going to have real issues.