New PQ loot changes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by jbc1948, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Nelie Well-Known Member

Your little 'pay-2-win' spew is lulz. 98% of the time when I go to PQs as an Inq (non-raid geared btw), I outparse most the raid, as in I am usually top 3 dps. Also before you ask, No...I only have 1 'pay-2-win' buff that I never use that is GM'd (feel free to look up my Skyfire toon).

It is funny how your very first statement/opening reaction is mentioning GD PQs. You must not have payed attention or have done them ever if you have to ask about when the mob becomes immune WHILE A SCRIPT TAKES PLACE (I answered your question there in caps, common sense could of told you that though). Same with your next question, IT IS BASED ON HOW WELL THE PQ IS DONE FROM THE START (I can break it down for you in another post on the fails KA PQs have that can lessen the rewards, but by now you should realize them if you have actually been to one).

KA raid geared doing most damage lol.....I have outparses t1-t2 raid geared dps toons on my inq at PQs but PQs aren't based off personal performance.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

I never had a problem getting to the PQ chests in Great Divide. People grab it and then leave/back off. The chest always appeared in the same spot. But people didn't have huge birds blocking everyone's view back then. We all may have to disable mount visuals in order to see it.

Then again, I don't know how people could afk a PQ. You have to be there at the start in order to send your pet or merc out to attack. Otherwise, you don't participate even if you're standing in the center and you get no rewards. Happened to me as I was waiting to start the PQ in OF with active protect pet/merc, got a phone call, and the whole PQ was done before I returned and I didn't get anything.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

I love the knockback on the OF PQ. That should definitely take care of the AFK camping. One request, though. Please make the treasure chest bigger. The Great Divide chests were HUGE. That's the way these should be. Since the chest spawns in different places, it was sort of hard to find.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

5. Carni Active Member

Personally I think this is a great change, and how it should have been implemented in November. Fixing obvious broken things is great, and much better than wasting time or funds on things like proving grounds.
  6. Rolant Active Member

Just did KP2 and NOBODY could find a chest. We looked in the water, we looked near the quest giver, we looked almost everywhere and we couldn't find it. Would you please make it at least trackable by regular Tracking?
    Udonn likes this.
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

I did the OF today and got lucky finding the chest - it really does need to stand out a bit more - perhaps make it shiny gold and larger like some other chests?
  8. Rolant Active Member

Also, you won't be able to camp after OF PQ with a message saying I have to be able to sit in order to camp. I'm guessing this is from a knock back (same thing happened when you jump out of the water using the water sprouts in Tranquil Sea/Phantom Sea).

I hope devs can fix this too. There is a workaround (going into water and getting out), but I shouldn't have to do this.
  9. Khama New Member

This change is redundant, troublesome and helping no one. The real problem of these PQ is they scale up so hight if players with raid gear do not show up it can't be done. AFK is a problem only if I was stingy.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I like to think the chest was put in less for AFKing, adn more for the the mob is almost dead and you LDed and come back to it dead and you get nothing that happens especially in the short OF pq and he lag fests that the other PQs an easily become.
  11. Nelie Well-Known Member

What does raid gear have to do with completing PQs? I have seen PQs done before w/o raid geared toons and somehow the mob managed to hit 0% and loot was rewarded. Exploits maybe?
    Mermut and Mizgamer62 like this.
  12. Wizx13 Member

I did OF PQ today! Was there at the pop, got off etherbolt before i crashed. Loged back in to a done PQ and a box saying i got status but no chest.
    Im not sure if damage done is going to determine rewards for these. If it is the case I will prolly just get status boxes. I work to much irl to be raid geared and compete with the server elite. I do have 250 resolve on one toon and 197 on my other 3.
    Until this update OF was the last one I could do without crashing in the middle of it and re booted to a diff zone. Now they all crash me :(
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

PQ's were originally designed to allow anyone of any level to participate (Heroes Festival PQ's). That being said, who am I to say that level 10 coercer shouldn't be allowed to reap the rewards for participating in a PQ? Does it make sense for that level 10 coercer to actually beat on the Omen Feeder? Not with the amount of damage he puts out in a single hit. These four PQ's that we have going on now, while it is possible with the appropriate healing support and tank can be done on a low level character, were not designed for this purpose. The fact that a low level character doing these PQ's gets the same level 100 loot that level 100 characters get, proves that, and the fact that the quest npc will not even give them the quest unless they are level 100. They are no longer Public Quests...they are High Level Public Quests.

I have tried two-boxing these PQ's but the lag is just absolutely horrendous even with the combat filter on, and makes it too annoying to try and have an auto-follower following behind, though the times I have done so, I am able to switch between screens and have both characters fighting...throwing off their largest attacks, switching back and forth between them, so they are both contributing to the fight. It is more of a hassle than I want to contend with though, so anymore I just have my alt parked to monitor for when the PQ spawns, then I make my way to the zone and join the fray on my main character.

AFK'ing the PQ's is not really possible to do in Jarsath Wastes (constantly moving), Fens (huge aoe range extends beyond the ring), or OF (can't see to participate unless you've done the quests), but easily enough done in Kylong, which is where the most people are seen standing around and not fighting. Personally, I don't have a problem with people doing this as the loot and familiar cages are very trivial. I don't think there are all that many people doing it for the shards which can only be seen if you've done the heroic/raid quests anyways and of which I have absolutely no interest in myself. Generally there are so many people in the zone who are fighting and contributing, that the lag becomes absolutely horrible, so I don't blame people whose systems can't handle that lag for just getting in their hits and then standing off to the side. I don't mind that others are feeding off of my contributions to the fight, as long as there are enough people to actually contribute to the fight and take the beast down.

I still feel that this is a very trivial thing that the devs are focusing on, but Rainmare's explanation as to why they are adding a chest as opposed to having the rewards pop up on our screens does make perfect sense. So as long as the chest IS accessible AND visible, I have no objection to this change. After all, I've lost a few rounds of loot simply because my game crashed while in the middle of the fight. Again, five minutes is simply not enough time though...sometimes it takes that long just to get back into the game. I just want the devs to focus on more important things...and I agree with Carni, not on adding new things like proving grounds, which don't really prove anything. I simply cannot see where people think there is a 'loot' issue with PQ's.

Honestly, I could care less where others get their loot or whether they've earned it or not. As long as I am enjoying the game, who cares how or what I do to enjoy it? I am content to let raiders have their fun raiding, I'm happy to let decorator's enjoy their game decorating houses and I'm fine with allowing solo'er's to solo whatever content they can, and I'm fine with lazy people standing back and reaping rewards they haven't necessarily earned. This is entertainment, not a job...not everyone wants to spend all their time doing tedious tasks that some people seem to think is fun. If I wanted to participate in the tedious task of crunching numbers, figuring out where to spend AA's or what to reforge into or out of, trying to 'read the minds' of the devs with all the hidden innuendo's that we are supposed to be able to figure out when it comes to raid strategies, etc...I'd rather spend that time working a job I get paid at than waste all that effort on a game. That's not my idea of fun.

Therefore I do what I want to do and I simply ignore the things I don't want to participate in, despite the rewards I'm missing out on. I play the game my way, despite the apparent attempts made to try and push me to play it their way, and I am perfectly ok to let others play the game the way they like. If only everyone would take this approach instead of worrying about what person 'b' or person 'c' are doing, this game would be a better place.
    Juraiya, Meneltel, GrunEQ and 3 others like this.
  14. Fleurs Active Member

If it had to be trackable, it should be with Shiny track, not everyone is a scout or Wood elf/Kerran.
  15. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Only have done 2 Ob PQ's and 1 JW. The Knockback for the Ob seems as a way to make it harder to find the chest.
    JW involved flying up and down the road to eventually find the chest.
    The chest is just a normal sized. At least the Old GD PQ's you could see.
    The idea to prevent afk types from getting loot is a good idea.
    Making the chests a pain to locate is not.
    Why are people who are doing the PQ's the correct way and in good faith being punished because some people gamed the system to grab loot? At least increase the timer to 10 mins and actually run a timer like key quests so we know how long we have.
  16. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It appears the chest thingy is exactly like before. It is causing folks who worked hard to not get their reward. Its unfair to hurt the innocent to punish the guilty.
    Juraiya and Meneltel like this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've gotten the reward on both my warden and coercer.. neither are rock star dpsers...
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Just did the JW PQ and ran the full extent of the road in both directions. NO CHEST to be found! FIX THIS please!
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  19. Draconet New Member

Same thing JW PQ. Fought the whole time and nothing. I get it make the change to stop the ones that are hitting the mob once and getting the prize. So we make the change and let's be vague as to what will and will not get credit in the patch notes. What percentage does the mob need to be at to get credit or is it you have to do so much damage to the mob and if so what amount of damage is needed?? I want answers and i'm sure that i am not alone in this.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Did you get nothing from the chest, or was the chest not found? They'd both be problems, but they're different problems.