New PQ loot changes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by jbc1948, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Kari Well-Known Member

Aye, I missed out on a second chest last night, so I am done with PQ.
  2. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I meant have it respawn back where the quest giver was cited, but you make a good point. Regardless ...

I think we can agree that having it pop in random locations was never a good idea to begin with.
    Merriel likes this.
  3. Pengana Active Member

I am sure I am repeating the sentiments of many in this thread, but just ran a PQ in Fens and lots of people actively participated. When the fight was completed people went in all directions to find a chest, but nothing. I realize that you may want to deter people from being afk and participating, but I feel this is deterring active players from participating. It's tough having flown out to the far reaches where these pq's are, picked up the pq quest, fought in the battle and get nothing at all for your time. I know I'm not going to waste my time again until a more positive change is made for those who actively parcipate to get loo.
    Juraiya, Murfalad and Merriel like this.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Seems to me that there is a progression to screw the game up from a fundamental point, where it becomes unplayable, then they can feign regret in shutting it down, since no one is playing it anymore,...
    Juraiya, Meneltel and Merriel like this.
  5. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

This really was poorly implemented. I am 0 for 3 not in getting chests (or quest updates for that matter) since this change went in. I understand wanting to change things to prevent the afk farming - but really what is more disruptive afk farmers or numerous people not even getting rewards despite their actual work on the pqs. Very disappointed in this.
    Merriel likes this.
  6. Murfalad Member

Could we just have the whole PQ chest mechanic cancelled?

I'm pretty sure its a feature no one wanted, to fix a problem no one had.
  7. Ryuken Active Member

Just put a gigantic Chest next (or in the close vicinity of) to either the Quest Giver or where the Enemy died.

No more hide and seek for invisible chests.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

So much angst. They already said it's being fixed on Tuesday. Do what everyone else is doing, avoid the PQs until Tuesday. Too easy.
    Livejazz and Nelie like this.
  9. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

People AFK for PQs has been an issue since DoV first introduced the concept. Every measure taken to counter this has adversely affected the people who are putting the work into completing the events and eaten up developer time that could better be spent elsewhere.

Honestly, just accept the fact that people are going to AFK these things and let it ride. The angst over AFKers back in DoV led to so much time and frustration on the devs part that the whole concept was scrapped until the last couple of years, and they've never come back on the same scale as Storm Gorge.
    Anaogi and Murfalad like this.
  10. Kioske Well-Known Member

I think it's a pretty easy fix; get a volunteer guide to check the PQs every once in a while. If anyone is AFKing the PQs, give them a 7 day ban with a warning explaining why. If they are caught doing it again on that account, just send them to drunder. Not a hard fix at all in my opinion. AFKing for loot should be an insta ban, in my opinion, but I know they would never go that route, so this is the best I could come up with in their terms. No need to make someone chase a loot chest to "keep people from breaking the rules". Punish the people that break the rules instead of trying to "stop them" through game mechanics.
    Meneltel likes this.
  11. troodon New Member

I just spent half an hour (literally, it was awful) as one of the few people actively involved on a fens PQ and got zero for a reward because there was no chest anywhere to be found. I'm extremely angry right now. This is not acceptable.
  12. Kioske Well-Known Member

Confirm, Fens PQ not dropping chest or loot. Why do we adjust game mechanics to keep people from exploiting? Just ban the exploiters. I remember when this dev crew and everyone involved with this game used to have a zero tolerance policy for exploiting, especially in the sense of "AFK" camping for loot. What happened to that?
    Meneltel likes this.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Problem was the scale it was happening. There were 50+ people afk in Obulus at the PQ the other day, if they'd banned them all, it'd cause mass rage.

They had to change this somehow, but it probably needed a bit more testing...
    Mermut likes this.
  14. Kioske Well-Known Member

Errrorr, they know better. All 50 of them should have been banned. At least a 7 day ban with a warning for perma ban if caught again. Not banning people because "there would be rage" is such a defeatist way to look at it. What, are they afraid that people will stop playing their game? Because that's what it sounds like, they're going to cater to the exploiters because they're afraid of losing accounts, kinda like they do with botters now. They let them bot all they want, because if they banned them, they'd lose half the accounts that sub to this game.
    Ruckus likes this.
  15. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Botters sell loot to buy kronos to run their 6 bot teams. People who want to buy loot will buy kronos from DBG to sell for plat, to give to the botters for the loot they have for sale in auction.

Vicious cycle that will never end, because DBG is making money off this whole mess, and they're milking this nearly 14 year old dairy cow for as much as they can before they close things down.

Botters = 6 paid accounts buying 6 kronos from people who paid $18 per krono to buy the gear the botters are selling for crazy plat prices in auction.
  16. Leipo New Member

It all starts with the complaint "It's not fair, that toon has it easier than me!" so the dev's play around with solutions (how about a dungeon full of re-pops that gives ZERO experience off the re-pops because someone cried for the nerf-bat). This time it was AFK PQ'ers. Now honestly, that would be rage inducing, if the zone was limited to 24 toons. But it isn't, so they weren't really bothering us... just an annoyance. Instead, the insistence that it be fixed has made the PQ's a waste of time. No loot, limited experience, 20% of the status points, and no quest completion. The only person who seems to be benefiting from the PQ's on my server is the level 20-something that goes to die and leech experience off it.
    I will give it another shot after the Tuesday fix, but we all know they can't give us back the time that we wasted.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

I agree the fix is broken... but the afkers WERE 'cheating'. It's not a case of 'that person has it easier'. I don't understand the 'defense' of the afkers.
  18. Leipo New Member

I'm not defending AFK'ers. I am criticizing the whiners. When has the nerf-bat ever been helpful? It's like turning to Mayong for help, it will never work out well for us.
    Juraiya likes this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

So people complaining others cheating is the problem?
  20. Leipo New Member

The solution not only penalizes under-geared players (those who would actually benefit from the drops), but also participants that seemed to fail some esoteric test (2/3's of a raid Friday night. were they ALL cheating according to your standards?) and the end result is that the players who rely on those for gear in order to be able to experience the expansion can't get the gear. I guess that is working as intended.