NEW Hero’s Edge Items!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Piestro, May 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

Burningice@Guk wrote:
    Do you know what difference in revival from spells vs the potions are? If not, you are just making an uninformed statement.
  2. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

I'm going to come out and say, personally I think having the OPTION to get and use these potions is a good idea.
    See what I wrote .. OPTION.
    It doesn't ruin my gameplay if some player wants to spend $$ to buy a healing potion.
    But what does affect me and is starting to get at me is the AMOUNT of SC items coming out.
    Dude, guys .. Holly ... Piestro ... someone ... get working and fix broken stuff. How hard is it to put stats on items you guys broke months ago in your re-itemizations? (I still have the broken items in my bags).
    I'm taking a semi break from teh game now because of college, but I'm still coming on here and reading what is going on. My 91 Guard already finished the solo content of WL in a WEEK. Dude ... really? Guess it's all about the groups and raids there? Pity. Guess I'll go do old content .. oh wait .. alot of that is broken and hasn't been looked at for a while. (Kinda sad when there are quests listed on Zam that haven't been in game for 2 years that even the GMs have no clue if they are there or not)
  3. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Ridolain@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I guess you really have been on a break. The main raid zone of this expansion was cleared by a handful of guilds within hours of the expansion going live. Within 3 days easily upwards of 20 guilds had cleared the zone, then several had cleared the first 2 HM mobs in it.
    This expansion, the content be it solo or heroic is so pathetically, no so anemically easy it is downright sickening.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zepor Guest

Does anyone at SoE even play this game? Why would they even make the self-rez scroll not useable in a group/raid?
    Oh no, raid wipes. /disband, /rez self, /reinvite, /rez raid.
    They have no knowledge of how their game works, obviously.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Zepor wrote:
    Actually I'm quite sure they did understand this.
    They labeled the item as solo only to get it under the 'player blessed' solo only power items.
    But they fully understood it can and will work for group and raid content as an out of combat rez.
    I don't really care that much about it, as your just saving time to run back to your corpse, but if this item existed when Deathtoll was meaningful, I would be furious. So, if you will, if content changes again and you had respawning trash in raid zones, then I would be far more irritated about SC items that let you recover from a raid wipe without having to re-clear. (and yes I know there are several other ways to do this).
  6. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Same with the "not in PvP combat" blurb on them. You're dead....duhh...therefore you aren't in combat anymore lol. (disclaimer: have not tried them myself)
  7. ARCHIVED-ErelasAlcarinque Guest

Well, last break from EQ2 was roughly six years. Things have changed a lot since launch, a lot of good, some not so good.
    The release of these "Heroe's Edge" items, what an appropriate name, tipped the balance of not so good to, "Oh hey, now we're like the majority of cash shop featuring games".
    I read thru a lot of comments here, not all, and I saw some of what I feel, that this move pushes the games challenge level down a few more notches is apparent, even from using the word "Edge" in the name.
    Of course, game development and evolution are economically driven, entirely understandable, I'll be the first to defend the fact that someone has to pay the power bill or servers don't run. Sadly, the addition of "Heroe's Edge" items will probably benefit SOE so much we'll see more of the same. I miss the days of patience (lot's of patience), aggressive teamwork, and friendship in game being the defining trademark of a good player. Some really good work has been put into items, especially that last black / gold armor set, yow that is gorgeous, that are exclusively available in the marketplace. I prefer that when another player see's "me" in game and asks "That is an awesome looking (random item)! How'd you get that?", that I respond not with, "Marketplace, spend a little", but with, "Oh, epic fight, really awesome, starts in so and so and leads to such and such and you've gotta have a good team of guildies to help, tricky bit of work!"
    Do not misunderstand, those new golems look great, if I was going to continue subscribing for now, I'd drop my SC on one. "Heroe's Edge" though is just plain not gonna work for me, probably ever, and so, it's probably a good time to come up for air. You need subscribers, residual income, longevity leading to continued return on initial investment, "Edge" items are not going to do that. Encourage subscribing, not by limiting what player's have already paid for, restricting access, etc., but by being the absolute best. (Exit stage account controls)
  8. ARCHIVED-Gustuv Wynd Guest

I don't get it...if you are making it pretty much insta-win for player to solo group content that is higher than they can already do with a Merc by purchasing items...why not just put the items up for purchase themselves?

I mean, right now it will just be head to the named and press your hot keys...once you are are low on health/power you pop the potion. If you die, then you rez after you've killed some of the adds and have an easier go at it.

You could just as well add a goblin that offers a minigame where you spend SC for a chance to win good level appropriate gear. (but maybe not for your class...just like the random roll they will get if they are taking these extra lives into a dungon to be garanted a good item)

Also...instead of a rez scroll, how about adding an item that grants the feign death skill? Same thing really, but a FD will at least leave a little chance in there. Plus add a skill would be accepted more readily I think.
  9. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Yup. College and Rl along with surgeries and other things ... have cut into my playtime. No big deal to me. I'm not here for a contest on who can clear a zone the fastest. I am just dissapointed that all that new content was cleared so fast. Makes one go .... "what a waste" at least for me.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jeepned2 Guest

Someday some of you will finally have a lightbulb turn on over your head and finally realize how Sony works.
    The poll was totally fake. Sony has a perception problem that they don't listen to the player base. So they invent these polls. You get to feel like you have some input into the game while Sony already has the patches ready to install this stuff no matter the outcome of the poll. The poll results are totally ignored, they accomplished their mission and people sit there and think "oh well, at least they put it to a vote this time". Really? Do you seriously believe that? This is all about money and that is the sole purpose of the SC, make money. Of course they were going to put those items out, even if the poll said 99.9% were oposed to it. Of course you and I will never know what the poll said. I'm in three guilds, one raiding, one alt and one "fun" guild and I don't know one person who voted for adding these items. Wake up folks, your opinion is neither wanted nor does it influence anything that Sony does. This stuff is planned out months in advance and your opinion this close to release means nothing.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

hmmm... 9 pages of this item stinks sounds to me like your poll is a bit off..... SOE please listen to your players, lay off the smedbucks and concentrate on the stuff in game. Please and thank you.
  12. ARCHIVED-Terayon Guest

Let me start by saying that I've been an on and off player since launch. I took an extended break about two years ago and recently decided to give it another shot. I never solo'ed because I could, rather because I didn't have much choice. At the time it was near impossible for me to find a group. What peaked my intrest again was the mercenary addition. Now (for a pretty coin!) I can quest with less downtime and see more accomplishment.
    The items being sold now are part of why I began loosing interest before. When the market first came out I was one of those who ADAMANTLY opposed it. The -ONLY- time I support RL money for in-game items is when you can earn those items in-game as well as with cash. The cash being a "speed up" button so to speak. Maybe coming back was a mistake I don't know yet but this coming month will tell whether I wasted money or it was well spent.
    I personally wish though there was LESS of a focus on "station" cash period.