NEW Hero’s Edge Items!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Piestro, May 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Khayos Guest

Starbuck1771 wrote:
    On a side note just to address this. While SOE stated they and Lucas Arts came to the decision together, it is false. Lucas refused to renew the IP, and forced SOE to close it down. SOE did not default on their claim, Lucas Arts forced their hands. SOE made the statement to not make Lucas Arts look bad....Which Lucas Arts is the devil but we can talk about that another time lol.
    Ok Carry on to the original convo.
  2. ARCHIVED-Boethius_Permafrost Guest

If the items are needed for people to enjoy solo play, make them free or crafted.
    I think you are undervaluing the stability of a loyal paying base. You're blatantly mocking everyone who said they are adamantly opposed to making those items available for station cash, and daring us to quit.
  3. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

If I needed to uses those items to solo in this game, especially with a merc, I'd just quit.
  4. ARCHIVED-Starbuck1771 Guest

Meaghan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Which is your right just like it is their right to use them if they so choose. So therefore the entire issue of complaining about them being sold to people is a moot point.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...rm=moot%20point

A moot point is an expression meaning that something doesn't matter so there is no point for debate because of certain circumstances. It is either irrelevant/not worth arguing over.
  5. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-17 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=516791&post_id=5757609 Off-topic. Please keep discussion constructive and on-topic. Thanks.
  6. ARCHIVED-Starbuck1771 Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    Just posted the meaning for those that didn't know it. After all some of those complaining about this are acting rather childish instead of like adults so it is hard to tell.
  7. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-17 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=516791&post_id=5757669 Trolling. Please review the forum guidelines.
  8. ARCHIVED-SpineDoc Guest

Why do you guys blame SOE? Go log into the game, look to the player on your left, then to the player on your right. Yes that's who you should blame, this is what players want. SOE is a profit driven company, they are not an evil supervillain. What drives them are profit, and the profits have clearly spoken. It's not like it's an unique phenomenon, log into ANY new MMO in the last couple of years and you will see they are hugely solo oriented.
    It's not what I would prefer in a social game, I'm one of the last dinosaurs who MUCH preferred the forced grouping of the games heyday. What ends up happening here is that you get a generation of players who reach level 90/320/masters AND have full raid gear BUT HAVE NEVER GROUPED BEFORE!!! Read that again for a second and realize how funny that is, but it's the complete and utter reality of today's game.
    Now on some levels I'm torn, we just had a baby and it makes committing an hour or 2 to do a group zone pretty tough at times and I'm glad for the mercs where I can just go farm plat in PR. I think there is a time and place for soloing certainly, but I never understood why people just don't log off and play a nicer looking game like Skyrim and just keep their chat/messenger window open.
    But, all crying and moaning aside, it is what it is and if anyone expects SOE to go in any other different direction than full pay to win I've got a bridge to sell you. It always amazes me how many are actually surprised.
  9. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

Starbuck1771 wrote:
    Please feel free to 'not' tell me how I should see it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Anadorn Guest

Sadly this is a game breaker for me, everyone has their own opinion and tolerance. If this doesn't cross a boundary for you then happy gaming but I will no longer take part, just sad that after almost 8 years this is the reason.
  11. ARCHIVED-Skylan Guest

I would have left long ago if it wasn't for station cash. Idiotic people buy station cash cards with real world currency and sell to me for a pittance worth of infinitely generated digital money.
    I play this game for free at the gold level.
    Thanks, Sony!
    The apologists are always going to be here. Even when there is raid gear on the marketplace their response will be "How does it affect your gameplay?!" They aren't typically logically minded players. Let them spout nonsense until this game is bankrupt.
  12. ARCHIVED-Malchore Guest

I'm a solo player, and the only item that remotely has any use would be the Scroll of Resurrection. I can't think of situations while soloing where the full health and full power would be usefull (though I'm sure there are situations.)
    I noticed in that same set of consumables are other, more useful items, like the Summoning Charm, Charm of Escape or the Scroll of Tracking. Those are genuinely useful in gameplay. Was there complaints from players when those went live? (I'm asking because I recently returned and don't know.)
  13. ARCHIVED-Khayos Guest

I am really hoping that SOE is adding these things to the market because of the smaller populations of said games and they wont be in their up and coming games if they have healthy populations.
    It may be wishful thinking, but I still hope that is the case.
  14. ARCHIVED-Skylan Guest

Yes, Malchore.
  15. ARCHIVED-Starbuck1771 Guest

Anadorn wrote:
    Well if you have to dictate how others play in order to enjoy the game maybe it is a good thing your quiting. There is no place in an MMO for that type of person frankly.
  16. ARCHIVED-Khayos Guest

Starbuck1771 wrote:
    um Starbuck did you quote the wrong guy? Cuz in no way did Anadorn dictate how others play. Just curious.
  17. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Khayos wrote:
    I think that this is more of a way of things and how they will be in upcoming games. The way I see it, for any new games coming if a cash shop/items are in place from the start, it would alleviate a lot of people's distress when things are changed in a game that they've played for a long time (EQ2 for example). It also would make someone make a more informed decision on whether to play the game or not.
  18. ARCHIVED-Starbuck1771 Guest

Khayos wrote:
    Read his post again he is leaving because they added these items which are not required to play the game. His post is basicly you added them , I don't like them or want them in a game i play so I quit. I see what he is doing as trying to dictate how others play the game. I see his post basicly as an ultimatum that is saying remove them and I will stay. However his type are never gone long and comeback with every excuse for the reason they returned.
  19. ARCHIVED-Khayos Guest

Starbuck1771 wrote:
    His post is saying everyone has a right to play how they want and their own threshold as to what they will allow in their game, he met his and is leaving. He knows full well, that SOE wont change it because of him. He said anyone who enjoys it happy gaming, Its just not for him. There is not some deeper meaning behind everyones posts, they are pretty straight forward :).
  20. ARCHIVED-Starbuck1771 Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    It is the way of the future even if people don't like it. The fact is the companys make more money from microtransactions then from actual subscriptions. People are just going to have to live with it or stop playing mmo's. So far this year GW2 and the secret world are bothe supposed to launch with stores already implemented not sure of others right now.