NEW Hero’s Edge Items!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Piestro, May 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Piestro Guest

[IMG]
    In our last in-game poll, we asked players what they thought of us selling health, power, and self-rez potions for solo, group, and raid players.
    The results are in! Overall, for all items, there was an average of 65% support for the solo versions in all three categories (and, in fact, there was only a minor variance in the percentages for each item). Group and Raid items averaged at 55%.
    As we saw with the EQ2X (Freeport) server, where we sold similar items, these types of items help the solo player have fun while adventuring alone. We also added limitations to these items so they will not affect group or raid players.
    Starting on Friday, May 18, 2012, you will see the solo health, power, and self-rez items for sale in the marketplace! These items will be found in the Consumable category, under Combat Skills.
    The items are:
    Name: Health Potion
    • 3 charges
    • 1 second casting, 5 minute reuse
    • Gives you 100% Health
    • You may only be grouped with mercenaries or not grouped
    • Cannot be used in PvP combat

Name: Power Potion
    • 3 charges
    • 1 second casting, 5 minute reuse
    • Gives you 100% Power
    • Cannot be used in PvP combat

Name: Scroll of Resurrection
    • 3 charges
    • Instant cast, 15 minute reuse
    • Allows player to resurrect themselves
    • This item can be used on PvP servers but not cast in PvP combat

Holly "Windstalker" Longdale
    Happy Adventuring!
  2. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

So, what counted as support?
  3. ARCHIVED-Meriel Guest

I'm not convinced. And 65% isn't an overwhelming majority, and 55% certainly isn't, either.
    The game is easy enough as it is. Stop making it easier.
  4. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

Going it alone just got easier...like it wasn't easy enough before.
    Boo. Horrible change...but at least you polled.
  5. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I voted against this and personally think this game is already too easy as it is. When do we get a "win" button or the "instant level 92 with Mythical" items on SC?
  6. ARCHIVED-Astarte Guest

This is just sad.. But of course.. listen to what the f2p want and not the ones who pays a monthly subscription.
  7. ARCHIVED-Khayos Guest

Boo, epic fail SOE. Stop money grubbing and support your crafting system instead with better healing, power and rez pots that players make and sell for in game cash instead of trying to milk us for all we are worth. If your poll had been truly unbiased and you had asked if players would like the SC pots or for you to add craftable pots, you know your percentages would have been far lower and you wouldnt have been approved for your money grubbing.

Of course you will give voice to your Bronze and silver members and the voice of the people who actually pay you faithfully every month go hurt and unheard. F2P players dont deserve a voice. get it through your head SOE. Stop force balancing the polls by letting P2Win players vote.

Every week you add garbage to your SC store instead of adding content to your games. Soon we will have to pay for the ability to level from 1 to 2 from 2 to 3. etc. This is sad and closing in on the epic fail that bioware created. granted for completely different reasons.
    Every time i see a new post like this with more P2win stuff being added every week, I realize that you will never be a successful MMO company again, and my dreams of Planetside 2 and Everquest Next Being Real MMO's will never come to pass.
  8. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Piestro wrote:
    Wow...everything about this announcement is just...bad. But the worst part? The worst part is that Piestro signed his post with the above quote...
    So sad the direction this game has taken...
    As always, just my 2c's
  9. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Let me explain something here.
    Your poll did not show you had 65% acceptance. Your poll showed you that you had 35% of your players adamantly opposed to it.
    Because you ordered the answers to acceptance first on all questions, any player that didn't have a strong opinion for or against chose the first option.
    I want to add that this is a horrible time to announce these items that you know have impact 35-45% of your player-base in a negative manner.
    You've got significant issues with the game currently. No content to do, itemization that doesn't represent difficulty, in general progression is foobar and your refusing to talk about it, acknowledge it, or dispute it. As a result a host of players are fed up with the game, luke warm with the game, already left, or seriously considering leaving already.
    Releasing these items before opening a dialog about the problems in the game is absolutely the WORST thing you could have done this week.
    If I ran my guild by pushing thru policies that have a 34-45% unfavorable reaction, how long do you think I can maintain enough players to be a viable guild? How long can you maintain enough players to keep the game viable?
    But fine, go on ignoring the problems those passionate about your success are screaming in your faces, and keep throwing out one more thing to the giant pile of things that are reasons why people are fed up and feel driven away from EQ2.
    Congratulations on the most alienating thing your could have done this week, whats the plan for next week?
  10. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    This is why I want to see the numbers. How were Neutrals counted? How did it break down by server? What was considered postive? what was negative? What was a non vote?
    I don't have enough details to agree or disagree with 65% said yes or even really meant it. I do have enough details to tell them the folks that attend fan fair. The folks that run the fan sites. The folks that make up the actual community and invest into the community said no as a vast majority. That worries me as that's a core, stable, and invested group.
    I can't add to this discussion in a meaningful way, because there's nothing meaningful for us to say. They didn't give us the information to respond in a meaningful way. they don't want to hear our rage quits. They wish not to hear of the actual issues. They slip this in during the time of Diablo III. Really? What can we add that is needed?
  11. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=499962&post_id=5757270 Let's keep the posts constructive and respectful please.
  12. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

For the record, I don't actually care at all about these items. I care about how hard it is to retain players in this game over the past 8 months, and that since Skyshrine that is actually trending even worse.
    I would think they would be hesitant to do anything to contribute to losing more people, but considering the only thing they communicate about is SC, Selling SC, or new items to purchace with SC, I have to assume they're cash strapped and grasping at straws and no longer care about retention or fixing the core game.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sidharrah Guest

Does the "Must not be engaged in PVP combat" apply to duels as well? Because if it doesn't it definitely should.
  15. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

So,
    Lets not fix the big issues with the game.
    Lets just add yet more NON-FLUFF, direct game affecting stuff to the cash store instead!
    BRILLIANT!

Needless to say,
    I disagree with the addition of this trash to the game, and am very amused by the justification SoE used.
    Atan spelled it out very well, in how the entire poll was skewed to what SoE wanted to see in the first place.
  16. ARCHIVED-Khayos Guest

What is the point of grouping and combining forces to over come stuff when you are just selling items to destroy the community. SOE words cannot express the sadness and disappointment I feel. The worlds I once loved will never be anything but a solo playground not meant for communities, and the worlds I looked forward to like Everquest Next, which John Smedley stated was not the game we were expecting you to make and instead was the game we wanted and would demand when we saw it. I'm calling you out on that Smed. You are going to fail like you are here because you are making the games that P2win players want, and selfish Soloers. MMO's are for communities, If you dont want to be part of the community then take a hike. you have alienated your core fans, the people who attend fan faire religiously or who have paid you thousands of dollars through the years. You lie to their face, and then go back on your word consistently. You as a company are just as bad as the others, and but a few years ago maybe EQ2 wasnt as profitable as you would have liked it, but instead of advertising and getting people onboard to realize what a good game it is, you threw your core dedicated and loyal customers to the wind in favor of money. I understand these games need to be profitable to keep sustained but these P2win cash shop things are NOT the answer. in 2009 you were in my opinion the greatest MMO company on the market, with the best products. Now you are worse than the rest of them. For shame.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nuadah Guest

Does this mean we may see mythicals and HM gear for sale in the future? To be honest I find it hard to believe that raiders voted for this sort of thing. Unless it's because of players leaving due to the dumbing down of the game. This game is easy enough as it is; does it really need to be any easier?
  18. ARCHIVED-khenan Guest

I would like to take a moment in silence to congratulate to SOE for making EQ2 a game which many loved and enjoyed who day end and day out who played hard to sharpen there skills and to be a better player, and now to be a game where its PTW (pay to win) THANK YOU SOE!!!! (cheers and claps in the background)
  19. ARCHIVED-Eshne448 Guest

I chose to come to EQ2 because although there was a f2p model in place, there were little to no items that directly impacted in-game commerce. I came from a game I love because they started selling items that hurt the in-game economy. I realize these items are minor compared to other games' offerings but it is just the begininng of a trend I, as a subscriber of this game, don't want to see.
  20. ARCHIVED-lazlo1 Guest

and down the slippery slope we go! If I wanted a pay-to-win game I would just play maple story! Sacrificing ethics for money is only a short term gain.
    But really this is just insult to injury. The real issue with eq2 currently is the itemization. This expansion is so bad for raiders its a game killer for many.