New Guild Halls...too expensive

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

So if 5 people talk to the NPC within 24 hours, each gets one vial? Or the first one gets a vial and the next person can get one after 24 hours?
  2. billybadass New Member

not to mention its just lame. who the hell wants a guild hall that is nothing more than a big empty Dracur Prime.....seriously. I'm not sure they could have put less effort into it.
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

I agree, it's really only useful for guilds with lots of alts, thank you for the clarification and information.
  4. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Another problem just popped up... here's the screenshot.

[IMG]

If you purchase this amenity it gets placed right in this spot and it's not movable at all.
  5. wtfman New Member

I myself can not think of a better way of saying
    "Sorry we let a 12 year old hack our games and cause you paying customers a ton of grief and money"

other than...

"Now On Sale (more pixels that don't work right) For Only $400" [ADD TO CART]

seriously?
    Blatant, Cuelaen, Cloudrat and 12 others like this.
  6. billybadass New Member

a ton of money? the downtime literally cost you like 31 cents. lol....and thats even IF you are a paying member...which your account doesnt indicate. so stop whining about stuff you arent even paying for. wow man.
    Hartsmith and suka like this.
  7. Oakmist New Member

This got a lot of testing as all new things do.
    Cloudrat, Griffon Lady and Ruckus like this.
  8. wtfman New Member

lrn to read

ton of grief and money

does not mean ton of money and grief

bak 2 skool for yew
    Yoube, Neiloch and Belenos like this.
  9. Belenos Well-Known Member

Some have asked about upkeep, so here is what it says on the door:

Skyshrine Capital Guild Hall
    Price: 10,000 status
    Upkeep: 2000 status
    Vendor and Vault slots: 6
    Requires a guild of level 30 or above and your guild must have the Skyshrine Capital Guild Hall achievement.

Highhold is the same.

So when did spending $400 real money from the old fat wallet become an "achievement?" Seriously??

After touring the guild halls, here is what I found:

Skyshrine: It has dragons and a huge dragon statue. Dragons are always cool. That is all. There is nothing else to say, because there is nothing else there! None of the doors open. You are just buying a great big courtyard. That is all. There is nothing else. No flying, so decorating the many ledges will be an act of frustration. At least two other rooms that are closed off behind portcullis that will not open--you may see them but not use them unless you get creative with teleporters. Overall, I would have to give the Skyshrine Guild hall a grade of "F," and that definitely stands for FAIL. If this were a 1350 DC prestige home, I might buy one just to say I owned it, but that is all. For $400 American, it is a total FAIL.

Highhold: Very nice overall, but not worth $400 American. It is a nice, attractive, large structure, and unlike Skyshrine, you can at least get out of the rain! If this were a "premium" prestige home, I would buy one for, say, double the normal cost of 1350--say 2700 DC. For 40,000 DC? Not in this lifetime!

It is also very disappointing to see these mega-real-life-buck domiciles stray away from the time-honored tradition of no upkeep for houses bought with real life cash. Any upkeep, no matter how small, is insulting at best.

When games went to micro-transactions, I grumbled a bit but accepted it. When games go from micro-transactions to this type of MACRO-transactions, I will NOT accept it. I will quit first. Luckily, not all games are going this way, so I do have other choices of games that I do enjoy. For now, I will simply ignore this stupidity and continue to enjoy the parts of the game that are still enjoyable, but if this becomes the rule instead of the exception, I am out.
    Kurogo, Quillyne, Sydnye and 15 others like this.
  10. Aivet Well-Known Member

I wonder...if they made it $40, would they get more than 10 times the number of guilds buying this than they will at $400?
    Jaden and Prissetta like this.
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

You pay $350-$400 dollars and still have to pay the normal coin and status upkeep of guildhalls that are free?

Exactly what is the advantage of these halls? This is an honest question, not snark. For that much money, what benefit do they offer?

With a prestige home, for your real $ you no longer have to worry about upkeep, a portal that you can place anywhere and in the giant/outdoor homes you can fly and easily take advantage of the massive vertical space.

As far as placement issues, people in game that play on Test said the halls were never on Test.
    Hartsmith, Livejazz, Cloudrat and 4 others like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I wonder who decided on these price points....
  13. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Heh, what a day to pick to come back to eq2. I really wasn't aware there were real cash items in excess of fifty bucks, much less over three hundred, on the game marketplace .

o_O

Seems ive missed a few changes round here.
    Livejazz, Cloudrat and Griffon Lady like this.
  14. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Absolutely incredible...

...and not in a good way.
    Blatant, Hartsmith, Livejazz and 5 others like this.
  15. Abasinolanam Active Member

The flaw with these and all other arguments is that they make a claim of unfairness, that is that everybody should be entitled to get this guild hall and that not having the guild hall is somehow affecting their game-play. But if they had never made these guild halls our lives would continue just the same. The fact is these are just appearance items. Very, very expensive appearance items. Even the exp vials are just toys that won't make or break anybody. They are a luxury to have and are priced accordingly.
    Kittybock and suka like this.
  16. Abasinolanam Active Member

Exactly the same benefit as all the appearance items in the marketplace. People are making too much of it. These halls are about having an exclusive look that few people will have. It's not that they're special because they improve your characters.

Probably but if everybody has it, it loses the appeal.
    Kittybock and suka like this.
  17. Zacatl Coatl New Member

Let them pay 400 if they want. Better them than me.
  18. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Let's take a pile of steaming dog crap and put a cherry on top. If we put a ridiculous price on it we can call it art. Rich people will buy anything if it's marketed right.

But crap is still crap.
    Blatant, Hartsmith, Livejazz and 4 others like this.
  19. Xavion Well-Known Member

$400 is way to much but i guess if its a xp vial factory every 24hrs they priced it so high so they dont devalue the point of buying the unfilled ones to begin with because people would just buy the guild hall and use that instead and the unfilled ones would only be rarely used. its honestly for those elitest rich kids who want to have the best stuff and probly will use it as a gimick to gather more guild members then regular guilds if it has a xp vial perk for everyone once per 24
    suka likes this.
  20. Xakrein Well-Known Member

I am in two minds about this.

When the cash shop was introduced to EQ2, the prices were far above what I considered reasonable for "micro" transactions. However, the new guild halls are a very different creature. Not everything in the game can, or will be, catered to the lowest common denominator, or implemented for maximum distribution of units. Looking at the numbers gave me an interesting perspective.

A guild with 10 subscribing accounts will:
    Receive 5,000 DBC per month (10*500)
    Require 8 months to purchase a new hall, if using only the subscriber awarded DBC.

A guild with 20 subscribing accounts will:
    Receive 10,000 DBC per month (20*500)
    Require 4 months to purchase a new hall, if using only the subscriber awarded DBC.

A guild with 40 subscribing accounts will:
    Receive 20,000 DBC per month (40*500)
    Require 2 months to purchase a new hall, if using only the subscriber awarded DBC.

A guild with 80 subscribed accounts could get a new hall in 1 month... And I know there are several out there with 100+ active accounts. Also, there are people who rarely spent their DBC, as very little on the market place appealed to them. These people now have a potential outlet to use their accumulated DBC to support a quicker purchase.

If Daybreak did not grant a monthly 500 DBC to subscribers, it would be a lot easier to find fault in the cost of a new hall. I understand that some people will be upset that their small guilds, or alts, will not be able to easily afford the new hall. But the new hall is not that difficult to afford for the primary target audience, and the new hall is not required for small (or alt) guilds to play the game.

One thing to also keep in mind, some time in the future there may be a 20-50% discount sale on the tickets. I am sure DBG will monitor the rate of sales, and if they believe they need to adjust, or run a sale, they will.

Devils advocate out.
    Rock79, suka and Livejazz like this.