New Guild Halls...too expensive

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Jun 14, 2016.

1. gaeca Member

Its utterly insane to pay that much for a digital item,what on earth the dude who came up with these prices on?
  2. Rivenly Well-Known Member

I am going on the theory that they will be adding a new way to earn them in-game, with dbc being a short-cut. Release them a bit early and take advantage of the people who want them now If I'm wrong then oh well, I don't think they were that great anyway :p
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I think it is safe to say the general consensus is that the prices for these guild halls are unrealistic at the very least. Is marketing that out of touch with the player base to actually expect these to be bought with station cash only and not offer an in game dropped currency to purchase them? Is there some special bonus with these guild halls that is not mentioned anywhere else? Neither hall was impressive or awe inspiring.
    Instead of new guild halls, what about additional amenities for the ones that we already have? Did we mention the complete flop of expectation with grinding to level guilds to 150 only to get a measly 0.5% fervor... Would absolutely love the addition of a guild hall reforger... that was actually expected as a new amenity.
    Ishuna, Belenos and Griffon Lady like this.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

or 6.66 years. :confused:
    Hiza and Griffon Lady like this.
  5. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

the sad thing is they probably would make more money selling it at 30-40 bucks. This price just feels like they are banking on the OCD eq2er/completionist.
    Lucus, Lateana, Griffon Lady and 3 others like this.
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

Actually 6 years...i corrected myself earlier, forgot the discount.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

For that much money I would expect no rent and free amenities. :p But then I'm on the frugal side of the road.
  8. Jaden Well-Known Member

-------------
    No Arielle. I have read many of your posts and learned from what you add to the subject each time. I am not talking about the people who will "spend money" as you put it here; because most of the paying subscribers I play with and know DO in fact, buy/support EQ II via buying pure fluff items in the marketplace.

I am talking about a slow, denigration of the community of players which have been the base for a long time to the focus on whatever brings in continuously more profit at the expense or at ANY expense to the reputation of this game. I have always been a subscriber, and have never, ever played a game nor would be interested in one in which I do not pay a subscription for. Not interesting to me in the least. I also buy 'fluff' in videogames, but never a coin toward anything that has enough impetus to be akin to pay to win. So I and many long-time subbing players do support EQ II in that way.

I am talking about the focus being on WHALES, who are very definitely a different TYPE of player.

This versus a solid base of discerning, paying subscribers who respect stable maintenance, interactive events and enough new content going forward to make staying a paying subscriber worth their entertainment dollars. This fairly recent and concentrated focus is in juxtaposition to the game I enjoyed for many years. All, just my personal opinion, set forth as input in this thread.

This has zero to do with 'poor lil DBG just can't make it without our financial support,' and much more to do with the game isn't being sunsetted as many have alluded to or worried about. No. Its literally being morphed before our eyes, and that is what I mean by the "refining of its player base."

Of course we all decide where our entertainment dollars go, I, as well as you. Just venting on this subject being discussed in this thread.
  9. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

In this case it's not the entitlement to have the object so much as the fear that every thing from this point on will be priced in a similar manner. They have been expanding on ways to gamble your money away, pricing things higher and higher, but this really jumped the shark.
    Think of it this way. Pricing usualy consists of time/resources put into a product and the demand/willingness to pay for said product. A base expansion with all new (made from scratch or rehashed almost beyond recognition) overland zones (and the animation that requires to make it look alive), group and solo instances, raid zones, mobs and NPCs and all their animation/text/etc..., new armor, stats that are at least somewhat of an improvement to an enormous improvement to what was available before, quests and all the mechanics that are involved, and all the other work that goes into adding a whole new "world" to what we already have to play in.
    Contemplate that amount of time and resources. We pay $34.99 to $140 for a base expansion or collector's edition expansion. Yes, the weight of the cost is more spread out for expansions since nearly everyone playing will buy at least one copy, but $400 for a single recycled zone with one all recycled npcs, one new amenity that consists of one recycled npc that gives an item that already exists (albeit changed to lore, no-trade... whoopie...) simply does not come any where NEAR what we were already getting for a quarter or less of the price.

So your car example is so far off the mark that it's backwards. It's the equivalent to buying BMWs and them the dealership started charging 10 times more than the BMW price for the Toyotas. Encouraging said dealership by buying the overpriced Toyotas is bound to make the company think they can start charging insane prices for everything else as well. (Thanks a lot Bloodguts...)

The word I was looking for was Price-Gouging.
    Kurogo, Hiza, Lucus and 9 others like this.
  10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Price gouging. That is all.
    (But if it makes you feel better about yourself to berate people and assume they are all spoiled children, and price gouging is fine, and a drop in players till the game closes down because everything has gotten excessively expensive... good on ya mate. Fight the good fight. /rolls eyes)
    I have no interest in the new guild halls, I just don't want the new overpriced/ripoff idea to spread to the rest of the game. (Which it will if they think we are happy to pay $350 to $400 for a bunch of recycled stuff thrown together.)

For crying out loud, stand up for quality, not for this bull.
    Kurogo, Lucus, Cloudrat and 9 others like this.
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ This ^^^ I mean to each his own, but after a while how much fluff do we really need (and insanely priced at that)? I would ten times rather not have any more fluff and get amazing content (i.e. ROK expansion quality). I fear that these quick cash grabs are now the new norm.
    Blatant, Lucus, Cloudrat and 4 others like this.
  12. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Update:

It's been over 24 hours. I'm unable to get a second Filled Experience Vial.

NPC keeps telling me i have to wait longer to claim it.
    Tekka likes this.
  13. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

You seem to have forgotten a very important aspect of this whole pricing nightmare. How much time and resources went into these guild halls? How can we expect prices to remain reasonable when this price gouging is allowed to continue? How long will the game survive when most of the playerbase gives up on the game due to the amount of RL money it tries to suck out of our pockets?
    Look me up, I'm usualy defending DBG's new methods to make money. It takes money to run a game and $10 a month plus under a buck to 20 bucks is not bad... but when they start charging $400 for a guild hall that required almost no time/effort to put out, has only one small and almost useless bonus (how many players in a guild that can afford the cost will not be max level/aa already?), and still requires upkeep.... can anyone really defend that? o.0 honestly? (With no trollishness in their hearts...) anyone can defend that price? o.0 And do we want this pricing to go on to other items in the game?
    Jaden, Lucus, Cloudrat and 6 others like this.
  14. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I think they meant "people who spend money like it's going out of style (or stole a credit card) vs people who spend like it's a game they like and save the rest for bills, food, etc...."
    Vhardamis, Lucus, Cloudrat and 7 others like this.
  15. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I wonder if the "earn" was meant in a Scientology kind of way? >.>
    Cloudrat and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

But,.. the fine print stated that DBG would provide all Guild members of the guild that bought one of these Halls with a real world, scale model of that High Keep Castle or the ENTIRE Skyshrine City mailed to their billing address for free?
    Riiiiiiight?
    right?
    $300+ for intangibles that can be lost with a click of the mouse,...
    Mizgamer62, Prissetta and Ishuna like this.
  17. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

The problem is, people will buy the tickets a few at a time just to sell them for plat. Players with lots of plat will buy the broker tickets. Financially, this price gouging will look like it worked and the idea of charging idiotic amounts of money for things that took almost no real work (nothing new was created for these guild halls), and the pattern will spread. Eventually, no casual gamer will be able to afford any thing due to inflation of plat (which would stem from people buying cash items to sell for plat, then pricing would adjust to players having enormous sums of plat. That has basically already been happening, judging from pricing these days) and the only way to catch up will be to buy cash items to sell for plat (except with $400 being acceptable on a copy pasted guild hall, you can imagine how cash items will be priced in the future), so they all move to another game. No casuals will be there to potentially recruit to raid guilds, so as old raiders get bored and quit, the guilds that raid will fall apart. Soon enough the game is sunsetted because no one can or will play except a few insufferable twits that have mummy and daddy dearests credit cards.
    XD There is a game app company that catered to one chick that spent over $10,000 a MONTH on the game's transactions. How sad would EQ2 be with just one rich player? Even us solo player/decorators would find it difficult since the "junk furniture" most players put up for sale wouldn't be available unless we farmed it ourselves, and if we needed multiples of one-per-character rewards... ugg...
    -.- I hope I didn't just give DBG's oligarchs any ideas.... cater to the richest player ... o.0
    suka likes this.
  18. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Well... sort of. Someone who does not want the guild hall buys the tickets to sell for plat on the broker, and whoever earned the plat to buy the tickets "earned" the gh in game that way, I guess.
    Still, for $400 on one house zone type item.... We want a bit more than something copy pasted, I would think? Considering an entire expansion costs $40 ish to $140 ish?

Why not focus on "whale"spenders? VB article here
    Kurogo, Cloudrat, Mizgamer62 and 3 others like this.
  19. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

So "League of Legends and World of Tanks" are actually environments that go out of their way to appreciate their player base?
    wow,... typing that question almost seemed surreal,... like a distant dream one always seems to wake up from before getting to it,...
    think I might look into them,...
    Cloudrat, Mizgamer62 and Griffon Lady like this.
  20. Belenos Well-Known Member

I did not say anything about quitting over this one guild hall fiasco. I said if the game continues down this path of changing micro-transactions (a relatively small price paid for each of a great quantity of purchases) to MACRO-transactions (one hugely expensive purchase), then I would be out of here so fast that my Sarnakian tail would stand no chance of being caught in the door! It is about the future direction of the game, and what this greed-filled fiasco says to me about the beliefs of those who are responsible for the direction of the game. If they believe this monetary rapage will fly this one time, they most likely believe it will fly again and again. Unless the players convince them otherwise, we can expect to see it again and again and again.