New Guild Halls...too expensive

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Jun 14, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

i did find though that the most expensive one (skyshrine) has lovely buildings but all of the entrances are walled off. basically you just have the central court. the cheaper one is the better buy - every tower usable, all buildings able to be entered -- only thing- in tier 3 and 4 and even high keep - you can fly. in these, you can't. so breakouts will be problematic.
    Belenos likes this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

download the latest layout editor- that solves everything
    http://www.eq2designers.com/…/Eq2LayoutEditor_setup_1_8_1_9…
    Jaden likes this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

no but you can sell the extras on the broker. they are tradable. and they are selling quite high
  4. suka Well-Known Member

it is a microsoft network error. it is solvable by downloading the latest eq2layout editor: http://www.eq2designers.com/…/Eq2LayoutEditor_setup_1_8_1_9…
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

C'mon...if it was only 50 to 100 bucks then anyone would probably buy....think about it...how many have dished out 50 without hesitation on mounts?

I have no issue with this pricing - it's a luxury item.....and I guess if someone on their own wants one bad enough they will dish out the money...or for guilds wanting one then guildies might dish out a shared portion. .
    Moonpanther, suka and Livejazz like this.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

It's not that it costs money, at this point I pretty much expect monetization of everything. Over the years, since late 2001, I have paid my sub. I have bought an account upgrade and then spent far more in the cash shop than I would have on a sub alone. I have paid my sub for the ability to use basic necessities and the minimal perks it provides and continued to spend money in the cash shop - for as long as I felt I was getting value for my dollar, and that I thought those dollars were going to support the game I enjoy.

On the 5th of this month, I cancelled my sub, and don't plan to renew it because not only do I feel like I'm not getting value for my dollar, but I no longer see those dollars going to support the game I have enjoyed playing so much. My dollars are my 'voice' and I choose to speak elsewhere in games that, while monetized, I feel like I get more benefit for my expenditure.

For those that don't have a problem with how things are being handled now - game on!

I will remain in game for a very short list of people that I play with, but my heart, and my support, are no longer with this game.
    Belenos, Ishuna, Jaden and 1 other person like this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

well, a couple of those things i can answer.
    yes, you have weekly upkeep to pay after buying the hall.
    yes, they have no problem locking you out.
    neither did soe. in eq1 we had prestige guild halls and guild villages that we paid cash for. they had a few rules. if you bought a plot and put a house on it, you had to not only pay upkeep, but if you didn't show up in the game with that toon (it didn't matter if you were leveling another toon on the account- it had to be that toon) you got evicted. we thought this would only apply to the "public" villages. wrong. it applied to our guild villages where we had paid cash for the village. also if no one in your guild showed up for 30 days, the guild got evicted. evicted meant everything put in a crate and send to you by ingame postal worker.

we asked why they would do this even in the villages we paid cash money for. their reply? (ok you first have to understand that no one outside your guild could buy in your village and because all guilds are bound to the account of the creator there were lots of one-person or two-account guilds.) they felt that if you were allowed to hold a plot but not be "active" in the game (took a few seconds to be considered active although i often forgot to bring some of my army in) then you were keeping someone else from buying the plot. when pressed for who would be able to buy house plots or guild plots in a guild village besides the guild, we got no answer. only silence.

so there is a precedent. yeah they would have no problem locking you out.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Why my EQ SK's home was an abandoned mansion in Neriak... rent was cheap and it was already partially furnished. I just slept on a bench or stayed in an Inn if I wanted a real bed.
    Jaden likes this.
  9. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

10. suka Well-Known Member

umm- you don't have to quit- you can simply choose to not participate. no one HAS to have this. like others have said it is a luxury. it is not a game breaker. come on people. i don't play this game for the guild halls. it would be nice to afford it, but it this was the only reason i played a game i would be totally bored and would have left a long time ago.

and remember- these are only the first ones. they did say more were in the works. perhaps some plainer halls we can decorate? and cheaper ones? i get the feeling these were really meant for people who just want to place their amenities and then go play without much thought to decorating.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

it cost DBC to get the tickets which means $1 per ticket
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I think raid guilds would be the last to fall for this gimmick. We have better things to do.
    Kurogo, Cloudrat, Zeffran and 5 others like this.
  13. avashi Active Member

the sad thing is we took a poll on skyshrine and highhold as prestige houses, and highhold won if im not mistaken. What happened to that may I ask? Or a polls a waste of my time now?
    Moonpanther, Belenos and Mizgamer62 like this.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

I could see Prestige Guild Halls being a vanity thing for a single player if...
    • It let you bypass the requirement to have 6 people in Qeynos Harbor or East Freeport to form the guild
    • Buying one bumped your guild to level 100
    • It had no status or plat cost for buying amenities or rental/upkeep
    To stave the outrage over P2W / fairness, they'd have to add some kind of poison pill that would make it impractical or unattractive for guilds with more people. Limit the number of people who can be in the zone at once. Remove the Rally Flag guild hall amenity from this hall. Something...
    Livejazz, Cloudrat, Avahlynn and 4 others like this.
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I just bet they are. :cool:
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  16. Malleria Well-Known Member

I like how the announcement says you can "earn" these new guild halls. Not really the word I would choose.
    Kurogo, Blatant, Avahlynn and 9 others like this.
  17. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

could a dev even come here and rationalize the price. Tell us why this is actually worth 400 bucks.

What kind of financial analyst do you guys have that rationalize a price point like 400 bucks in a near free to play game that was released over 10 years ago?

Is it this guy?

[IMG]

seriously though, why would I pay you as much money as it would cost me to buy 5+ AAA games that have been released in the last year to get a guild hall that you guys rehashed from old skyshrine zones? You think the XP bonus is worth the extra 200 bucks?

Seriously, can you guys honestly make sense of it for us?
    Cloudrat, Prissetta, Belenos and 2 others like this.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Devs don't set marketplace prices....
    suka and Griffon Lady like this.
  19. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

i know that, but i also have never seen a marketing person on these forums. Since the devs are on here I figured its best to ask them.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  20. Meneltel Well-Known Member

The best way to show its overpriced is to not buy one. Just let them be unbought and sooner or later they will lower the price to encourage purchasing. Just stand your your ground and don't pay more for it then YOU think its worth. You have gone this long without it, a few more months wont kill you, after all.
    Kurogo, Livejazz, Moonpanther and 4 others like this.