New Guild Halls...too expensive

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

These prices are 2x higher than they should be imo.

Also poor form for yet more Pay2Win stuff with that Skyshrine XP vial.
    Blatant, Livejazz and Neiloch like this.
  2. Poemaon Member

Nice and now add some Etheral Coins for 5k DBC each!
  3. Zacatl Coatl New Member

Thats' not pay to win. It's better. It's pay for not playing the game.
    Hartsmith and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  4. GoldenCorralFTW New Member

The nerd rage on this thread is priceless. Still waiting for the first, tired, "slap-in-the face" comment (although might have missed it). The choice is simple, if you like it, get it. If not, don't.

But the simple fact that some feel the need to post about something they claim they don't want proves the lie. No reason for DBG to cater to the whiners who probably aren't members anyway. It's cool to have a luxury item in game that completely does not affect gameplay. The claims of pay2win are like the slap in the face comments - "You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means." ROFL.
    Kuulei and suka like this.
  5. Sharann Well-Known Member

I don't think you get it.

There were certainly guilds looking forward to buying a new guild hall, but at 400$ real-money it is a major disappointment.

Now if this had been the only disappointment from DBG lately it might have been okay. But this one just adds to the long list of incredibly clumsy marketing moves from this company since the beginning (and I am not blaming the devs who do a great job!).
    They are milking the cow with this game, plain and simple. At least, that's what I am seeing. Perhaps my eyes need a new pair of glasses.
  6. billybadass New Member

7. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I was pretty taken aback by the price tag on the GH, but I'm also in a guild of 1 or 2 ;)
    But, it is true, with the freebies they give us/have given us, spread out amungst the guild, it's not as painful as it sounds. And I appreciate your careful analysis ;)
    Having said that.. though I am firmly in the camp of let the companies make money!!! I would have never guessed they would price it that high!
    Hartsmith, Kittybock and suka like this.
  8. Mystfit Well-Known Member

9. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Think what's actually at debate here is the principle, not whether or not it can easily be afforded by an active guild. XD
  10. DAN F Member

It's because of this that I don't believe that it is too expensive
    If and this is a huge if

It wasn't a pile of fecal matter with a cherry on top

If you are going to provide something at the least put a tiny bit of effort into it so that your customers don't get extremely pissed if they are being ripped off
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  11. Jaden Well-Known Member

---------------------------

Agree with your suggestion Aivet, and the others in this thread. However, I hardly think/disbelieve whoever 'they' is that made this decision actionable, did NOT consider several alternative fiscal scenario's. Come on.

I am not freaking out at the actual amount it costs since I and many others have a comfortable expendable income. The indignation comes as this is exemplary of the route being taken to REFINE the customer base in this game.

We have little influence to affect these kind of decisions of course, but are absolutely right as player-customers to express frustration about the continuing filtering of the type of player this gaming company is now focused on.
    Prissetta and Ishuna like this.
  12. Ishuna Well-Known Member

I'm seeing a lot of things like "luxury item" and "why u jelly bro?" I have two words. Horse Armor. Remeber horse armor? The internet expoloded over it. I think that was the first attempt at paid dlc. People were incredulous that they were asking for rl money for horse clothes.Some where along the line, we forgot about that. We forgot we were mad at being locked out of parts of a game because we hadn't bought the dlc and the quest givers popped open a buy now with your credit card window when you hailed them ( oblivion and dragon age - maybe more? Those are the ones I remember ) we forgot we were pissed when we were forced to play valves games on valves platform ( which is now steam ) The list goes on.

We have done this. We have created a gaming enviorment where companies are now asking 400 bucks for some 1's and 0's stored in a database that you don't even own. Yes yes, it's nothing to some people ( aka I drop that on dinner yo..do you even? ) It's not about that. It's irrelevant if it's something we can afford to buy in rl. It's about morality ( and yes..I can afford to buy it, I refuse to, absolutely refuse to ) So..now that we have created this enviorment of factory farmed and milked gamers that have a syphon permanently attached tho thier purses/wallets, What's next? It will just continue and get worse because people can't see why it shouldn't be happening. I feel like my time in games is coming to close. I'm having a hard time enjoying eq2 because of the greed and cash gimmics over real content that I'm seeing. I'm getting to the point where I don't want to spend a cent in the marketplace because every time I do, I feel like I'm condoning that. I used to feel good buying extra stuff and subbing because I felt I was helping support them. Now? Now I feel like I'm throwing money at a ever growing ever hungry Jabba the Hutt.

This is not directed at the developers. I know you have no say in how things are done. I know you have to do the jobs given to you. I just can't support this type of philosophy any more. As someone else said, I'm going to enjoy the bits of eq2 I find enjoyable and ignore the crap until I can no longer ignore it then I'll move on. If I can find a game that doesn't do it. If I can't, I'll dust off my old games ( yes..ones in boxes that I can play without an internet connection ) and let it go.
    Quillyne, Vhardamis, Zeffran and 6 others like this.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Why we are at 7800 heartstones and so only about 2k and change more for our own tier 4 High Hold Keep guild hall. we keep farming them and slowly but sure get the numbers higher. And even the F2P guildies can help contribute!
    Kuulei, suka and Ishuna like this.
  14. Ishuna Well-Known Member

Very very good point. I didn't consider their actions "refining the customer base". Makes sense. Sadly.
    Belenos and Prissetta like this.
  15. Fozziex Active Member

What happened to being able to farm as a guild to get the tokens for the highkeep GH?

Oh I know, money..........
  16. Xper Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this. It's a shame.

EQ2 used to be straight P2P, then they went F2P with cash shop, and now its P2P with cash shop. it's currently trending towards P2W with cash shop.

And the sad thing is, the entire industry is trending this way, so its not like 'oh ill just switch to ____'. Probably time for a break I suppose, check back in a couple years and see what games are out.
    Hartsmith, Ishuna and Livejazz like this.
  17. GeekyGothy Active Member

The Spirit of Norrath is vastly displeased along with the rest of the community. Many of us have played EverQuest 2 since launch and a lot of us have been playing since the launch of EverQuest. The franchise was once known for the great community and the passion that the developers showed towards the players. The players came first - and not just the raiders, the little guys, too.

This is a -gross- display of financial incompetence. The number of players has drastically decreased and in a wild attempt to pad the pockets of a struggling investment you have chosen to price gouge guild halls that one can scarcely decorate. (This is coming from myself and several other of Antonia Bayle's best decorators.) A few people may buy into these, perhaps a few guilds all together; the raiding guilds in particular. However, you as a company should understand that 90% of your guilds are 10 members or less, at this point. Ten members paying in 500 DBC a month towards the purchase of one of these halls would find themselves unable to purchase the hall for eight full months while not being able to use their monthly DBC for anything else.

As a guild leader, as a decorator, as a veteran member of the game - this is one of THE WORST decisions I have ever seen an MMO make. I take that back, Drow on Neverwinter costing close to $200 originally was just as insane and let me tell you the community backlash over it was insane, too.

Daybreak, I highly urge you to realize that if you are going to continue to uphold these titles (EverQuest, EverQuest 2, etc etc) you are going to need to understand that stepping on the toes of the little guy, of the smaller guilds, of your veteran player base is the worst decision you could possibly make. Catering to the raiders and the large guilds that make up only 2% of the player base was a huge issue that we all had with SOE and you've gone above and beyond what even they had. (Before a raider bites my head off...yeah, I raid too.)

Stop catering to the huge guilds, the people with more cash than they know what to do with, the raiders and the six boxers are the only ones who can afford the plat to buy the Kronos anymore (And they were intended for people without IRL money - not boxers with more money and time than sense.)

Your veterans are very unhappy and I hope to see you address that.
  18. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

[IMG]

This was posted on EQ2Wire....thought it was quite appropriate lol :p.
  19. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

You mean people that will spend money vs.people who won't?
    Blatant and Meneltel like this.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

well, another downside- after you spring for the prestige guild hall, you still have to pay monthly upkeep.

upside- the tickets are selling for a ton of plat on the broker. so if you are extremely rich- like several mil plat, you can just buy the tickets from there. if not, well, it has become the newest way to make some plat- like one ticket goes for around 7700 plat on our server
    Cloudrat likes this.