New EverQuest II Veteran Rewards

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Honestly, what about people who don't use mercs? Or who don't need hp\mana potions or self-resurect scrolls?
    First rewards were usefull for most us. Houses, house items, mounts, apperance items, titels..other fluffy stuff, they have no influence on the gameplay. Unlike to mercs. I don't use them, and I don't care if someone uses, I don't envy to people with mercs, but I want my reward:) Equal reward to the merc, I don't need.
    In short-I don't want mercs as a ten years reward, I want more fluffy stuff. New house would be nice. A real house, not a part of a raid zone or masive landscape. A house with floors, windows, walls...house where you can live, not just stare a graveyard, or pyramid, and think what to do with all these.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Cleaner Active Member

NO MORE prestige houses, seriously....sick of those. something everyone can use would be better like an elite merc as mentioned, but i would really like to see as a 10yr reward a special armor piece that is BEST in game and has TonS of reforgable stats on it . To make it reliable and adjusting to the ever increasing stat inflation Class Based stats would be %based by what the rest of your gear gives you. example of the suggestion a Primary Class Specific Weapon "a Tank item" : 50% of total strength sta and mit along with blue stats_ from other gear is what the stats would be. :)
  3. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

I have an idea for a vet reward that is usable by adventures and artisans. While I mostly craft myself on tons of toons; I can see why non-crafters should get something usable to them as well. Would like others opinions on my thoughts, so please comment. I think expanded slots would be the most fair for all player-types. I would think everyone would benefit from additional market slots, bank slots, storage slots, etc..

Another idea is to add a slot to the character screen... something like a spirit slot... just for a term. An area to equip a "spirit". "Spirits" could be similar to adornments that add stat bonuses not just to adventurers, but artisan flavored bonuses, they could be a spot for a "clickie" item, or illusion item.

Just thought I would share ideas with others that break away from the "prestige house", "mount", "potion" stuff that is getting boring to many players.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

5. Mortissia New Member

What I want to know is why SOE punishes those of us who take breaks due to RL. I have played since 2005, but because of the breaks I had to take due to military deployments, child birth, etc., I am only considered a 6 year vet. And that is only because of the "bonus" time they used to give you for buying the Xpacs. C'mon, Sony, reward people for loyalty based on account age, not the number of months subscribed!
  6. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

they award time to any account now including f2p, but it only goes back to when the f2p model was accepted on all servers, prior to that is was paid subscription time only, they also stopped giving out the extra subscription time with expansion purchase
  7. Deeamon New Member

@Mortissia So someone who paid for a month's worth of sub time back in early '05 and decided not to resub until now should get the same rewards as someone who has been paying for a sub since the same time frame? Also, you are not being "punished" for not getting certain Vet Rewards, once your account paid time has reached the thresh hold, you can claim it.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  8. Nocker New Member

Funny enough, my wife hadn't touched her account for 5 years. I've stopped playing a few months at a time. She logged in during the heroic character promotion and her account had the 8 year vet reward ... a month before mine did.
  9. bahae New Member

so I decided to come back and play the new expansion. I only have 230 aa's and I am level 90. Do I get the touch of steward from the chains of eternity? My ticket I sent in about it, the Dev that answered it replied that I would when the expansion goes live. But alas I dont have it, anyone else have the same issue. I am also a gold subscriber at the moment.
  10. Bashem Well-Known Member

You only get 50 more AA using bauble I save it for another toon you can use it on. You can go to SS and grind AA pretty quickly with grind group levels too esp with potion and bonus server time. But not sure how the bauble works now know you can buy it in market not sure if its rolled into ToV.
  11. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

You get the bauble if you purchased the COE expansion when it was available from SOE, if you got it with the purchase of the latest expansion you do not. There is also one available in the marketplace for station cash
  12. RpTheHotrod Member

You'd think after a decade of play, they would have thought to allow you to use one of your alts as a merc. :p
  13. Occam Well-Known Member

Here's a problem that unfairly impacts some people. I have played since the day EQ2 launched. Before f2p I took a break for about a year and a half. Now, my time played says that I am an 8.5 year vet. I have a couple of friends who started at launch, but quit playing right after EQ2 went f2p. They just came back after a 2 year break, but they are getting credited as 10 year vets. So I have more time played, but get credited for less.

I petitioned asking that in light of this disparity I be credited with full time as if the game were f2p when I took my break (hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained ;) ). I was told by support that nobody gets credited time that they didn't earn, which just showed me that he didn't really read my petition thoroughly. I then asked that my petition be forwarded to a supervisor, or someone who can better answer my petition. The supervisor said that they don't have a way to adjust time played. I question the sincerity of that, but at least she said she'd bring the issue up in the upcoming meeting.

If they are going to award people time even when they don't play, they should give EVERYBODY credit from the day of account creation.
    Pixistik likes this.
  14. Eshaac Active Member

They should give us a button that gives the ability to turn any merc into an elite merc.. of coarse for SC that is.. press button, (popup) "are you sure you want to turn this merc into an elite merc for 2000sc" This can "not" be reversed. Or something to this effect

Eshaac
  15. Spindle Well-Known Member

I like my new merc. She's quite handy. Thanks for the gift.
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I think it has to do with the continuation of payment, not actually playing. So if someone stops playing eq2 but continues the subscription, either solely eq2 or playing another game and keeping all-access paid, they would continue to accrue veteran time
  17. Thomu New Member

I agree wholeheartedly, and that was my original point. But apparently some people have a sense of entitlement because they have had nothing better to do than play EQ2 nonstop for 10 years. It's not like the rewards are game changers, or affect OTHER people's gameplay. If it was an epic weapon or something, I could see the point. But they are aren't, they are just nice to have things. At the least, since it is all about the money with SOE, they should put them on the marketplace for Station cash.
  18. Occam Well-Known Member

Yes that would make sense, but those who I mentioned that actually have fewer days played but get credited for more did not pay SOE a cent for the time they were gone. The only difference is pay structure.
  19. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Radarx mentioned in another veteran reward time thread that all accounts accrue time for veteran rewards now, it changed according to him

found it

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/veteran-rewards-for-all.521083/
  20. Arieva Well-Known Member

*Really* shouldn't have been the choice between 2 tank mercs...Unless they both heal and dps as well as a healer merc and a dps merc. /thumbs down for 10 year guys, sorry. Choice between amazing tank and amazing healer would have been appropriate for almost all the merc users out there but no...just tanks.
    Belenos and Wurm like this.