New EverQuest II Veteran Rewards

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

So which tank is better so far?
    Feara likes this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

Calling on 10 year Vets.

May we please have some feedback on the Mercs?

Also, what other rewards are included?

Did the Vet Display Case make it in the rewards?

Kindest Regards ~
  3. teiger New Member

Ok here goes, first of all I could not find my veteran reward Merc. I used the item, but was not realizing I had to go to the basement of either Qeynos or Freeport Merc areas to retrieved said Merc. Retrieve is perhaps too generous of term. BUY my Veteran Reward is more like it. Furthermore, if I want access to it without going back to the Merc store I pay 100 station cash for fingertip recall. Only after digging through the forums did I find the information on going to the basement. Thank you whoever did that as that is the one and only time I saw those instructions, SOE you could do better on that. Nor did my fellow Veterans have any clue or guidance. At any rate, yes I did find them two days later. My Paladin hired both, my SK hired the Paladin. My warden hired the SK. So far all test runs have proved both Mercs to be exceptional in fulfilling their duties. DEFINITELY not your standard merc nor standard stats and abilities. I am very pleased with that. I was pretty bummed about the reward til I did find them and played with them, I am fine with that aspect of it now. What I still find a bit objectionable is the fact I had to purchase either one, that should have been gifted to the 10 yr veteran. I am also puzzled why my group members cannot see my Merc. Nor does he/she protect my group member if so directed. Perhaps a bug yet to be fixed I don't know, or does my group member need to be a 10 yr veteran also? That shouldn't be the case.

So that is my review. Both the Pally and SK are huge damage dealers, The Pally does not heal as quickly as I would like but her Amends and tanking abilities are outstanding. The SK is simply a brute!
    Feara likes this.
  4. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Just like merc's that con with the CE of the expansions, or the ones you find wandering in norrath you have to pay their salary
  5. teiger New Member

I don't mind the salary per hours of use, I only minded the purchase price of a reward. Like I said I am happy with them. not a biggie.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

Yeah, its not sitting right with me either and the word I am thinking of is

Bogus!
  7. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

It is a salary, not a purchase price, TANSTAAFL
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

Okay is there or is there not a purchase price?

Salary=no biggie
  9. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

You pay x amount to hire them then x amount to pay their salary every 30 minute, both amounts are depending on the level that you hire them at

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Mercenaries_(EQ2)
  10. Feara Well-Known Member

[/quote]

Yes, I know you pay to hire mercs.

But the 10 Year Vet Reward Mercs should not cost you to hire them.

They are a reward, gift if you will.
    Belenos and Feldon like this.
  11. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Why? you pay for the ones you get in the CE editions, you pay for the TOV one that came in the standard edition, there is no difference at all. If someone gives me a car for free I am still responsible for gas, oil, insurance and personal property tax, you pay for the use of that "free" item also
  12. Feara Well-Known Member

I see what your saying Wingrider,

Except this one is a Vet Reward. It's not the money that is the issue, its just the fact you have to pay anything at all for the Reward. No other Vet rewards cost anything to obtain. Its just the point.

Yes, if they give it for free, you do pay for the maintenance, gas, oil & insurance = Merc Salary
  13. Spindle Well-Known Member

The mercs are damage monsters for me as a casual player. I have them both. I don't raid and don't presume to talk for raiders.
    Do I mind about paying for the Vet merc? Not really. It's in game plat. Part of playing the game. Until my Asus fried out two days ago I had a great time playing them with my characters.

Waiting for parts to arrive I am reading the forums and am quite amused at the total drama outrage regarding the mercs and ToV. What really tickles me are the numerous players who pay for silver accounts and troll the subjects.

OMG the evil empire wants to charge me $$ to play, to purchase, to anything...let me use $$ or SC or Krono to tell them exactly how i feel! I'll start 1, 5, 15, 20 accounts and tell the world how horrible SOE really is! Gasp! /Grabs chest cloth and rends it to pieces! Places back of hand to forehead and sobs "The inhumanity/trollity/gnomeity, etc! How dare THEY expect ME to pay for anything in this world!" One could interchange fantasy world with real world at any time in the highly amusing posts.

What part of paying to be a troll are these folks not getting? Of course trolling IS the boat rocker for many gamers.

Plan to be back in game soon (tm)
    Eshaac likes this.
  14. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

Where I come from, if a car makes it to 25 years in "good working order" huge slashes in road tax (tags) can be expected and it could become a certified antique. Of course, if the car is in prime condition insurance can be quite expensive, but never the less, the car gains a lot of value just like SOE should give 10 year vets a "lot of value" and it wouldn't hurt for them to toss in an un-locker with each merc claimed. It would be a much friendlier way of saying "Thank you for sticking around for all these years".
  15. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

got 10 years of the least expensive entertainment in the world playing the game, not greedy here, that is enough for me, if you add in EQ1 then 15 years. By the way only certain cars gain value not ever 25 year old car is gains value - take the pinto, the gremlin, the pacer, the Yugo. TANSTAAFL
  16. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

It's not about "least expensive entertainment" it is about a company giving a value and appreciation for long term customers.

Just a side note:

The phrase "could become a certified antique" is not "will become a certified antique"

So I will restate this again:

SOE should give 10 year vets a "lot of value" and it wouldn't hurt for them to toss in an un-locker with each merc* claimed. It would be a much friendlier way of saying "Thank you" for sticking around for all these years.

*veteran award mercenary
  17. beagley Well-Known Member

The gift is basically two parts,

1) the ability to see and hire them, much as the gift of mercs to people that attended fan faire/SOE Live.
    2) the fact that the stats on them are better than standard mercs that are freely available. Note that this is an assumption on my part as I haven't had the chance to go hire mine yet and compare the stats. I shall try to do so over the weekend.

The in game hiring and salary cost applies to all mercs, gifted or not. Its the running costs of playing with one and a standard mechanism.
    Alenna likes this.
  18. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

they supply the game, value enough for me. been with my telcom provider for 50 years, I pay my monthly bill, they give me the value of being able make and receive phone calls, that is appreciation in itself, same with the gas and electric company, the value and appreciation is the service they provide, not the eye candy they give. Guess our attitude toward service providers is different. Personally I don't except any company that is a for profit organization to "give" me "lot of value"
    Avahlynn likes this.
  19. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges.

Giving value to customer loyalty is not giving away things. It is a perceived value of what customer retention is worth in revenue through sales over a period of time. A customer such as yourself has "lots of value" because of the length of time you have remained loyal to the franchise. You are an ideal customer and have already been "won over" and it is very evident in your enthusiasm. However, not everyone feels the same as you and it would have been a "friendlier way" to say "thank you for sticking around all these years" if the vet merc also came with an un-locker.
    Majesty and Feara like this.
  20. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Curious by the contradiction - isn't that exactly what is being lobbied for here? Sure seems like it. You are lobbying for "more value" because you want additional things given to you for your loyalty and labeling is as "friendlier way".

By the way I am a "loyal" customer because the company has not given me things but they have given me a service that I find value in.