New EverQuest II Veteran Rewards

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

There is no contradiction. Only a misunderstanding of terms and intent.

And very loyal indeed. Apologists always make things interesting.
  2. Bashem Well-Known Member

Well fix should be simple but SoE I sure would disagree just start vet rewards from the day we started playing and go from there not need how long you paid to be a factor.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

No matter what impassioned arguments people make, regardless of what logic is brought to bear, there is no convincing some people that companies should offer a benefit for customer loyalty. They genuinely think that companies should just assume that the customer will stick around forever regardless of retention bonuses and the like. Some people just cannot accept that kind of thinking into their program, never mind how successful such programs have been.

The expression "Don't bother me with facts, my mind is already made up!" comes to mind.

I've always equated customers with teeth. Ignore them, and they will eventually go away, but not without infecting others with a sense of malaise.
  4. Bashem Well-Known Member

Sorry not really following what you are posting here. o_O
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Sorry I had to be a bit vague to ensure my post sticks around.
    Pixistik, Charlice and Wurm like this.
  6. Bashem Well-Known Member

Well as someone who has had his posted moderated e.g removed from threads I can follow that.
    Pixistik likes this.
  7. Vultir Member

I like this idea
    aspekx, Sabaar and Absyntheea like this.
  8. Sabaar Member

I received my 10 year mercenary a few weeks ago and they seem to be "pretty good". I was not thrilled about them being given as a 10 Year Veteran Reward, I would have preferred something a bit more substantial and/or useful, but overall not a bad choice. Receiving just the mercenary for the 10 Year Veteran Reward does, to me, seem a bit less than a true "thank you" for my loyalty and subscription that I have paid (and still do pay) every month since Nov. 2004. I really don't use them and probably won't in the future but there are other Veteran Rewards that I have never used and most likely I never will use. I am sure that some people are quite pleased with the 10 Year Veteran Reward. That's the thing though .. no matter what SOE decided to give us for our 10 Year Veteran Reward some folks will love it and other folks will hate it. That's life.
  9. Galldora Well-Known Member

LOL, yes, this! I've not even bothered to claim or hire the mercenaries I already have access to, but I know others who really like having a variety of mercenaries. I wasn't that crazy about the 9-year vet reward, either, which didn't contain even one house item. :(

It's hard to please everyone, but I thought SOE did a pretty good job with the latest collectors' edition, ,since there is a new mercenary for those who find them useful, and there is also a really lovely house and house item for those of us who prefer house stuff as rewards. Other stuff, too, but I'm just saying...there are items aimed at appeal to adventurers and items for decorators. I got Collectors' editions for both of my gold accounts and I'm very happy with my return-on-investment. Maybe next vet rewards package might include a painting or a statue or a super-deluxe Halfling house or something. :)
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

If they had of given us a choose of what class to hire I wouldn't have complained. I play a tank. I don't need another tank following me around. A really nice, better than all the other ones in game except (but at least on par with) the CoE collection one, healer merc would of made me think my "10 years" of playing as a gold member was worth something to them.
  11. Sabaar Member

I agree, Wurm. Choice is always a good thing.
  12. Balbasur Active Member

Alot of players don't play tanks tho, so the merc will be good to them.
  13. Ebarel Member

actually i lked the idea of mercs for the reward and the design. what i am really disappointed about is the fact that they are 2 tanks. Honestly what you do need is either a healer or damage. For the few occasions where a tank might be nice there is enough choice of good ones with all the ones around, including the collectors edition ones.
  14. Sabaar Member

And what about those players who do play a tank class? They get a useless 10 Year Veteran Reward.
    That is why I think that choice is a good thing. Everybody wins then.
    Wurm and flameweaver like this.
  15. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Even for those who do not play tanks, I have yet to meet a merc that can hold aggro, so stiiiiiiillll useless. XD
  16. Gwyn New Member

And where's the T-Shirt "I played EQ2 for 10 years, and all i got, was a damn merc!" ?