New EverQuest II Veteran Rewards

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Nov 5, 2013.

1. RadarX Community Manager

As we approach the anniversary of EverQuest II, this means a brand new Veterans Reward to say thank you to those who have been with us for so long! This year you'll be able to grab your very own unique mercenary who will bring the might of justice or dominance of oppression to your next encounter!

Here is a sneak peek of what you can expect:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Guiscard, Juraviel, Ajjantis and 3 others like this.
  2. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Whoah....can't wait;)
    Kurisutaru likes this.
  3. hwy101 Active Member

NIce.....` more info and details ASAP please ,,:)
  4. Vagar Member

Please for the love of all that's (un)holy make these mercs Elite level!
    Kurisutaru and GrouchyMouse like this.
  5. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Nice if the game is still around (or me depending how EQN goes) by the time I'd earn it LOL.
  6. Arieste Well-Known Member

zomg, please tell me i can steal these guys' armor and weapons too! (similar to how we could borrow Dashenti's stuff)
    GrouchyMouse likes this.
  7. slippery Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it isn't merc's, but simply appearance armor.
  8. Seriously Member

Oh yay, more mercs!
  9. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Oh come ooooooooooonnnnnnn.... /..\ A bunch of us have been BEGGING for the colony island as a house for the 10th anniversary house. It's already there, collision detection and all, just need to add a portal function to the bell that took you to the mainland originally. I can understand that the original griffon doesn't have a walking animation, and hence not "worth" making available as a mount from the business point of view, but recycling the colony island or at LEAST a suburb you guys blocked us out of?
    This won't do people who don't have mercenaries a BIT of good. :\ (I have mercs, but STILL!) Are you guys SERIOUSLY going to reward your 10 year long players with a reward they can ONLY use if they buy AOD or the Merc pack? -.- that is just lovely. Using the 10 year anniversary as a ploy to get people to buy something. -.- I am EXTREMELY disappointed.
    They had better be elite and they had BETTER be useable by all players regardless of being flagged for mercs or not.

This Veteran reward is not fitting to a landmark like remaining loyal to Narath for 10 years (and in many people's cases, far longer than that) nor is it fair to people who cannot use it.

Just add the colony island as a house. (and people who complain about another free prestige house... really? somewhere to put your sales crates and never worry about rent is a good thing. you'll figure it out.)

AAaaaand $20 says this post will be deleted in minutes. -.-
    Pixistik, aspekx, Vultir and 5 others like this.
  10. Trivursar Active Member

11. Taeghen Member

actually, it IS mercs. if you read the post, not just look at the pretty pictures, it says, and I quote: "This year you'll be able to grab your very own unique mercenary who will bring the might of justice or dominance of oppression to your next encounter!"
  12. Patchkit Member

Very nice
  13. beagley Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a well spec'd merc than another house! What with the existing veteran rewards and the CE expansion bonuses I have more houses than I know what to do with. Apologies to those with a soft spot for the colony isles but I went there years ago and as "a house" it isn't that exciting other than when you fit your sepia-toned glasses and start reminising about back in the day ;) (Disclaimer - I'll be up for the 10 year vet award too)

At least a merc potentially has more utility/value than another house but I agree that as a vet reward it shouldn't need anyone to have bought AOD to use it (probably a small to non-existant group) and should preferably have better stats than the CE mercs from a year ago (and please don't put em on the loyalty merchant for tokens for a while:D)
  14. Whitetide Active Member

I'm going to hope this is just one aspect of the reward. Myeh I say. Myeh.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Seefar like this.
  15. Arieste Well-Known Member

There is already one useless vet reward house. It ranks for me as absolutely the worst of all the vet rewards.

Just like not everyone uses mercs, not everyone wants a 214th house.

I rarely use mercs myself, but it's a decent and unique reward. And just like i wouldn't want yet another vet house, after we get 1 merc, i don't want a second - stick to new things.

I do hope they hook you up with your colony house via SC some day.

Also, while there might be a few, i seriously doubt that very many people that have actually paid for the 10 years worth of EQ2 subscriptions did not buy one of the expacs.
    Toxilla and Majesty like this.
  16. Feara Well-Known Member

Love it! You guys rock! ~ Oh, the excitement, the anticipation. ~ Thank you.

:cool: They look freak'in cool.
  17. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

I just wonder how " Very Unique" will these be, since for me it sounds/looks like they are either a pally or a Sk, and neither one of those benefit any of my toons :(
    Guiscard likes this.
  18. Kurogo Active Member

I hope by the use of the term 'Unique merc' this is an indication that we'll either get to set their race now, or that we can use our alts as mercs. Having the same unique merc as everyone else doesn't sound too unique....
    Guiscard likes this.
  19. Arbiter Member

This would be amazing.
    Honestly, people are going to whine no matter what the Veteran Rewards wind up being (which is awfully ungrateful... because most games don't give you jack for 10+ years' worth of loyalty, so I'm happy to be getting *anything*). But I can understand if this wouldn't be worth the complaints, or worth the time and costs it would require.

All the same, if this doesn't end up as a Veteran Reward of any kind, then I would really like for it to be brought into the Cash Shop :) A lot of us with fond memories of it from launch would happily invest.

I second this. This would be the coolest thing ever.
    You have no idea how depressing it is to start multi-boxing only to realize that my healer and my favorite tank are both on the same account.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Majesty like this.
  20. Svenone Well-Known Member

Quoted with one minor edit...