Need advise on which tank to choose

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Fantar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Revanu Well-Known Member

Fun fact, take dragonfire and perfect form away from monk and monk still over bruiser cuz intercept is win.
    Breanna and Snikkety like this.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

I’m just trying to remember how long bruisers were far superior to monks; wait a second, it was from eq2 launch until end of tot. Yup that’s right. Glad I never raided as a bruiser, Oh wait I did.
    Breanna and Snikkety like this.
  3. Revanu Well-Known Member

This thread has no right or wrong answer but to say bruisers are bad isn’t factually accurate as obano has actually proven that they can be relevant. The degree of relevant doesnt matter as that isn’t the burden at hand. Granted other tanks can and do walk circles around bruisers to such insane degrees but he manages to make do. So at the end of the day be happy you aren’t a paladin cuz quite frankly no one likes them
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

Nothing more needs to be said on the subject. Also I wish Bruisers were as respected as Paladins. That would be an upgrade from where I am standing at. When you are at rock bottom the only place you can go is up.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Who's gonna tell him
    Priority likes this.
  6. Priority Well-Known Member

I was gonna leave that one alone....
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. Nazy Well-Known Member

Yes, understanding what tank is the best endgame is fine, but what about the content before that? The content a new player would play? You shouldn't just "take 4 hours to get to 120". What about learning your class? Learning the game as a new player?

My point is that a new player should not rush levels. Endgame is the goal but remember that there are levels before 120 that are meant to help you learn your class and the game.
  8. Nekre Active Member

Ya but not one person cares pre-120. So the input from every top end class player, is well noted by certain players. Especially if they know what they are doing.
  9. Clintsat Well-Known Member

1-120, the tank class doesn't matter much at all. Any tank will do and the playstyle doesn't really factor in until you get to current content. Think of it a different way. How upset would you be if someone recommended you play Paladin because they are great levels 1-119 and you get to level 120 and they are complete garbage (this is just an example, not commentary on Pally). You'd probably not be happy that you can't get a group or raid, etc.
  10. Fantar New Member

wow. ok first no need to fight i have chosen the beserker , and juste to clarify end game as of no importance for this tank as it will be use to duo whit my wife exclusively, what i needed to know was what tank was good at low level to be able to go do donjon and it was between a beserker and monk for the fact that was the one i was wanting to try , atm we are working in strom hold and having fun and i can say it will take us more then a few month to get high lvl we still in our early 20 and in no hurry to lvl , for that i have other class that i play solo for that , thank for all the advise and enjoy what you play

ps:Nazy thank for getting what i wanted , im sorry i know my english is not very good and could have been confusing for the other
    Nazy and Sigrdrifa like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What's really important is that YOU enjoy the class you play. If you get to level 20-30 and don't like a class, it's simple enough to try another. This should be about fun!
    Breanna and Nazy like this.
  12. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Honestly, any tank would be good and if you are not planning on doing endgame...a summoner would probably be a better choice in general.
    Snikkety likes this.
  13. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I was sort of referring to T1 as where the classes traditionally fall, predators, sorcerers, summoners T1 etc.

Let's just hope they surprise us by actually restoring some balance. There are some really good players flying the flag for their broken class who would probably really shine if their class was fixed. And on the flip side there are some dog **** terrible wallet warrior players smashing buttons on their BL with no skill whatsoever, masquerading in this xpac as a capable player.
    Blazen, Snikkety and Priority like this.
  14. Corydonn Well-Known Member

This thread is pretty hilarious to me. It's like looking at a gacha reddit and saying "This three star unit can be good if you put 5,000$ into them" since that is where the game is at the moment. I'm glad the OP found a fun choice with Zerker and if you are playing casually the only wrong choice is one that isn't fun.

Monks and Bruisers have had varying strengths and weaknesses throughout the years. Monks being the better tank with tsunami for a long time and bruisers being the most broken pvp class in existence for years and years.
  15. Twofeets Active Member

I love my paladin (had him since 2005), but to be honest, as a class they are currently a mess.

Paladins lack the DPS of most other tank classes, lack the temp stoneskins and such that make others preferable in many fights, and they heals/wards/buffs have been nerfed into oblivion. Amends is Godly in a group situation and the heals/rez can come in handy, but there's a reason most betrayed to shadowknight long ago.
  16. Rargo Active Member

Had my Paladin a long time to.. started out in your guild. I love my Pally and still the only toon I play.
    Twofeets, Breanna and Evguenil62 like this.
  17. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Same here
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Arclite Well-Known Member

To OP:

Play what you enjoy the most. Zerks are a good choice pretty much at any tier of play but it all depends on who is playing it and how and the same can be said about any tank class. Not sure why anybody thinks they can't do dps and/or are not solid choices for MT. Given the mess BoL is/was, aside from some bosses in PoW/Sol eye where the devs lost the plot on how to do incoming damage or use defensive stats correctly, the base BoL raids is a snooze fest for any tank class.

Anybody who says guards can't dps does not play one or knows someone who plays them right. Granted, solo dps is pretty meh but in a well oiled group/raid setup you will be leaving a few dps classes in the dust.
  19. Twofeets Active Member

I've seen guards routinely do 40-50B without trouble with survivability, I've seen monks to 70-100B+. My pally usually does a fraction of that (10-25B depending on encounter in 'tank mode'), but its still fun to play...
  20. Smashey Well-Known Member

Play a bruiser because there are only 2 of them in the world. Stand out. Dont follow the herd.
    Twofeets and Breanna like this.