Need advise on which tank to choose

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Fantar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

There is so much wrong in here I can barely bring myself to respond

"another ignorant 120 player"

Here's the thing about that statement: All of our opinions when talking about current content are worth more than yours. You haven't experienced it. You have no idea. You constantly parrot whatever garbage you read on the forums with no regard for whether it's right or wrong, and then you call "us" ignorant.

Assassin beats ranger without ascensions. In fact, assassin without ascensions beats ranger with ascensions. An assassin without ascensions beats 3 rangers with ascensions. A monk beats bruiser without ascensions. A monk without ascensions beats a bruiser with ascensions. Probably not 3 of them, the range isn't quite as wide as that. A shadowknight without ascensions beats a paladin with ascensions, handily. Some classes DPS better with certain ascensions than others, it's not as black and white as "eThErEaLiSt GoOd".

How did I come across this information? Oh right, I've played every class in the game at an endgame level and am most likely one of the most qualified people to objectively talk about class balance, like Revanu and Priority.

"You're wrong because I choose to handicap myself in the game and refuse to play part of it and if other people act like I do, then x class is actually good!" is a totally useless take.
    Breanna and Obano like this.
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

A Pally will beat a Bruiser if neither use their ascensions. A Pally will also have better aggro management and better utility with their heals and res. There are plenty of raiding Paladins out there. It is a solid class that is actually used by raids. Bruiser not so much. I am the only end game raiding Bruiser.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Nekre Active Member

I think thats a lie completely. Pally spells are soooo LOW compared to bruisers, yes, they have better survivability and tanking skills than the Bruiser. But Bruiser will demolish them in the parse.
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

It only sounds like a lie because things are so ridiculously out of whack right now. When my ascensions are on cooldown I might as well go AFK because Bruiser as a class doesn't even exist as far as dps goes. When is the last time you have even grouped with a Bruiser? What did they parse. There is a reason nobody plays this class anymore. It is so bad people think it is an exaggeration.

People who think Bruisers can parse are thinking back to ten years ago or back to the original design document of EQ2 when Bruiser were considered the offensive dps tank. Those days are long gone. I dare anyone make a Bruiser alt or betray their monk to Bruiser to see what it parses. Everyone who has taken up this challenge has "noped out" of there so fast it is not even funny.
    Dude likes this.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Watching your raid videos, it looks like you beat the guardian; and ive seen Guards parse VERY well this expansion. Also, your raidwide dps is crazy low for the level of gear Sovin has IF you have a solid raid setup.

I'm gonna go with you have very few buffs actually going out to players in raids since a Zerk and SK are 2/3 on the parse respectively
  6. Revanu Well-Known Member

Wait a second, there is a raid to uses a guardian ANDa bruiser? 2020 is wild
    Breanna and Snikkety like this.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

The last third is their 190k pot beastlord
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

My statement was misleading now that you quote it, I apologize. I was meaning # 2 and #3.
    Snikkety and Dude like this.
  9. Obano Well-Known Member

I am talking about Bruiser in general. How many Bruisers have you seen parse well this expansion. Doubt you have seen any Bruisers at all. Guardian dps is higher than mine when my ascensions are on cooldown. If I spam ascensions my dps can be decent but that has nothing do with Bruiser. Any class can spam ascensions for 45s to 1m. As soon as the ascensions go on cooldown I got nothing. Bruiser dps on its own is lower than a lot healers and is the lowest of any fighter.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

IKR? This did start as a "which tank to choose" thread.
    Nazy likes this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

I regularly play with a bruiser, he alt tanks for us on Diaku Challenge. Holds aggro, doesn't die. 185k potency ish, he usually sits with the scouts.
  12. Priority Well-Known Member

So, that PoW Commanders parse from Oct 26 is a sham where you kept up with the MT zerk and ranged advantage SK on a joust fight for 13 minutes and doesn't count?

Video for reference, the audio is jacked on it though.
  13. Obano Well-Known Member

I doubt any of the parses in PoW with everyone spread out are accurate. Also I am talking about Bruisers in general. Not just my Bruiser which has a full P2W kit. Most players aren't going to have that.
  14. Drona Well-Known Member

That is true for other fighters or any class. If people are parsing well then P2W is involved in some form or other. I highly doubt any none P2W fighter can beat a P2W Bruiser.
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

How is the "full P2W" different for any other class? Let's compare apples to apples here in regard to P2W. Do you really think you're the only tank on that parse that has that?
  16. Priority Well-Known Member

Regardless, bruisers aren't horrible. Monks are just really, really good.
    Triad likes this.
  17. Obano Well-Known Member

I never said a Bruiser can't tank. Bruiser is actually a pretty good tank. The problem is they can't parse so why bring a Bruiser if every other fighter will do it better.
  18. Nazy Well-Known Member

My point was that 100-120 is not something new players will be playing at the very start, and some classes are good at lower levels whereas others, i.e Monk, are very strong at higher levels.

And yet you are ignorant to the fact I also understand 120s.
    My "ignorant 120 player" phrase comes from the fact that you turn new player threads into arguments about 120s, don't give information to help new players at lower levels and instead talk about how good class xyz is at 120. Do you not get the fact that not everyone cares about endgame? A new player should not choose a class based on endgame.

As you just proved my point, I see no reason to respond.
    Triad likes this.
  19. Nazy Well-Known Member

Make your own thread. Last I checked, this not for 120 talk.
  20. Revanu Well-Known Member