Necromancer Spell/Pet Issues (Consolidated)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Jakanden, Jan 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Sarkoris Guest

To some extent yes. But if the player is only 18 having just gained invis not only will the spell slow down there run through the zone, but also will not stop red mobs seeing through it. When they see through it, guess what - he wants his ward up to take that first damage while he makes a run for the zone line. Now who wants to stop 3-4 times in a hostile zone to rebuff ward which will also trigger the invis 30 warm down.
    Works as you may want it? Not my problem, Im commenting on another's persons raised issue.
    Works as intended? No, not if as he says the conjurer version of the same spell had its timer extended.
    Bug/annoyance/issue? Yes if we simply overlooked. Not if the conjurers gained a benefit unintentionally from a timer refix.

The spell description from ogaming says:
    Augmentation which absorbs noxious and trauma damage.
    Why is being able to cast it as often as the reuse timer expires on as many targets as we feel like burning power on a bug. If it said self only then I would understand.
    Sark.
  2. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

To be thorough I tested for the teachings of the dead proc at lvl 42 while fighting a level 30 mob in melee (increasing my defense skills); we fought for 42 minutes 26 seconds with me swinging 948 times... no proc. I'd post the EQCompanion parse of it if these darn boards would allow it, very funny really.

Lemme repeat that... 42 straight minutes, no proc.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Post that please and I will add a link directly to the post on the Teachings of the Dead bug section
  4. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

:smileywink:
  5. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Parse with something else then man! Do I have to think of everything! =)
  6. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Some minor updates. Added a screenshot of the Lich bug
  7. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

I know this is an older post, but now that Im 50 I could test this. I have adept III Lich and it adds 15pow every 4 seconds to my power in addition to the normal pow gain so it does work. The graphic is completely fubared and I added a screenshot to it so we can show what we mean =)
  8. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

Could I just ask what makes you say that its a bug? You reckon it should be a pet only spell?

Also, I can't understand the logic of saying if you are not actually hit this is a pointless spell. This is a bit like saying it's pointless to take backups if nothing ever happens to live copy. If things were that predictable I don't think I'd be playing. It's a little buff which can help someone if they get agro. As a caster I certainly don't ever try and be hit just to get some use out of my little ward. Its more likely to not get cast though with the short timer. However, if someone says, "that's the way it should be" then fine.. =)
  9. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

[/QUOTE] No, I know you didn't matey.. Just a combination of peoples posts making me write that. To be honest I was happy with 3 mins but I think the original poster was referring to me with the conjurer mate. Just a bit weird that his was increased to 15 mins and ours was not. Amazing how smug that sort of thing makes people... :)

Anyway the main point from this is one of whether this spell is supposed to be for multiple targets as I’ve been able to do (all be it sketchy) or not. If so then 15 mins is useful. If not then I guess I agree and say its best used where it’s getting hit. And timer is moot.
  11. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

Had something odd happen to me last night, pet related tho maybe not necessarily necromancer only. I think it happened one other time under similar circumstances but I just figured it was a weird bug at the time and ignored it.

We were running through nek and saw a group of bears that had JUST stopped chasing someone (before they run back home) so we engaged. I sent my spellbinder (which I happened to have up at the time) a bit early and 3 of the bears killed it while the 4th was fighting the warrior. As soon as the pet died, the encounter became broken and everytime someone hit the group they would instantly heal and you'd get the 'so and so is no longer worth any experience or treasure' message.

After we all disengaged for a couple of seconds, it seemed the encounter reset and we could kill them again.

Dunno how big a deal this is. The first time it happened we figured it was broken and just moved on, but I could see this happening to some named mob or something.
  12. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

Is Cloak of Venril supposed to be one target only? Cuz it isn't. It does have a buggy recast timer, as noted in the bug list.

The ward spell also has a buggy timer. Whether or not it is supposed to have the same duration as the similar conjuror spell is unknown, but odds are good that ONE of the two is bugged. I think the topic has been covered. We know who thinks what (and then some) and until we get some official feedback, we can concentrate on other issues.

On another topic already covered, I'd like to ask that lack of implied targeting (and the associated window) for the pet be promoted from "annoying" to "really annoying". This is tied in to the implied target heath window, because one can't tell by looking at the window if a target is attacking a pet or oneself (you don't get self or pet as an implied target in the window). Obviously non-summoners don't have the luxury of having a pet peel a mob off of them, but as we do, it would be nice to be able to see a mob shift from attacking self to attacking pet without having to assist it and then risk losing target altogether.
  13. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

I may be mistaken but I could swear I saw my zombie attack last night! I'm used to seeing his "cowering when hit", the "shoulder drop when hit" and regular spellcasts, though I saw a new one... he swung his arm at the mob while leaning forward, denoting an actual attack. He didn't do it often but he did do it. It kinda looked like the old Saturday Night Live skit when Phil Hartman was playing Frankenstein and did the "Fire bad!" arm sweep.

May want to keep an eye on it, he wasn't as boring as usual. Keep your peepers peeled, it's a cool looking attack when (and if) he does it. If that's what the default attack looks like, he should swing like that whenever he does the disease attack and would really be a nice change to the zombie pets.

Would like independent verification of this, maybe I had a weird angle and was wearing rose colored glasses.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

I have seen him do it occasionally out of the blue but not with any kind of consistency
  15. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Hmm... never noticed it before, usually watching my active spells, not the zombie. Sure would be nice if they upped the frequency of this... maybe even make the zombie try to bite the mobs head when he does crypt strike brains...brains...brains.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

I first noticed it when my pet pulled aggro off MT fighting Vaz'gok. The pet was actually living so we said screw it and let him be MT for the entire fight. Since all attention was on pet, I was actually paying attention to it heh.
  17. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

Just happened to me against a solo named in teh new Adventure Pack dungeon. I wasn't paying attention to my pet's health so much because they were only ^greens and he got killed. The encounter immediately broke.
  18. ARCHIVED-xxArcanexx Guest

I noticed Favour of the Fallen and Unholy Covenant are not on your list. These group buffs do not add to hit points unless you zone. If you already have the buff up and have zone to show the right amount of HP then you cast it again you wil lose the gained HP.

This is HIGHLY annoying since you have to tell your group to zone when you buff them.
  19. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Has anyone had problems with Grisly brace? Can you ward more that one person. When I assist someone and click grisly brace it won't let me ward someone until the GB is gone from the person I asssited. If i directly click on a person I can ward them and then when the cast timer is up I can ward someone else. I was wondering if this is happening to everyone else.

Could you check out GB by assisting and not assisting to see if there is something wrong? Maybe I am just imagining things.

But I think that there is something funky going on with GB
  20. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

You can cast it on multiple targets but the recast timer is buggy (it's on the list) so it can be a challenge and probably not worth the effort as it doesn't last very long and by the time you manage to get it right your group has gone ahead and pulled whatever it was you were trying to ward them against and you'll probably have accidentally dispelled your own and will now get nailed by a barrage. :)