Necromancer Spell/Pet Issues (Consolidated)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Jakanden, Jan 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Naughtesnec Guest

Re Horrific Mark:

This spell appears to be working now - as when I cast on mobs I saw a definite increase on the HP bar - indicating significant stamina loss...

/cheer
  2. ARCHIVED-Necronstreksis Guest

Message Edited by Necronstreksis on 03-10-2005 10:30 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-xxArcanexx Guest

I was about to post about horriffic mark increasing the mobs HP like a heal. How exactly is this a good thing and how does decreasing stamina increase HP?
  4. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

5. ARCHIVED-xxArcanexx Guest

Ok I understand what they are saying and it makes sense. But yah this is totaly worthless! I, as a necro, will NEVER be the first one to hit a mob. Not even when I am soloing. I never want a mob beating on me because I am not made for it. So basicaly the stamina debuff is worthless unless of course the mob is a healer AND is able to heal itself to full heatlh, which never happens because they don't start to heal till they are almost dead.

I agree with what someone else said, the hits points should also scale down with the debuff. If the mob has 600/1000 HP and I cast this (Assuming it debuffs 200 total HP) then the mob should be left with 400/800 HP not 600/800.
  6. ARCHIVED-Morcego Guest

Ok, it's kinda late here so I just want to post this and go to bed. Don't know if it is a know bug but here it goes:

[IMG][IMG]

The images say all...
  7. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Same bug as Revivication, Dark Heart, Onyx Heartstone and Sacrifical Heart so far. I wonder what others /ponder
  8. ARCHIVED-Naughtesnec Guest

How is this spell worthless?
    If a mob removes your hp/stamina buffs - what happens - you total hps go down...sooooo
    less hps on a mob you have debuffed means less damage needed to kill it which means faster, more efficient killing.
    I see a lot of worth in this.
    Message Edited by Naughtesnec on 03-10-2005 07:47 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

I'll add this one ;)

[IMG]
    Message Edited by Seeko on 03-10-2005 11:08 PM
    Message Edited by Seeko on 03-10-2005 11:10 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Morcego Guest

I notice that some threads have been made "sticky" in this board. Why this one is not up there too?

EDIT: Btw, it would be nice to have a list of spells that currently don't upgrade so we won't go wasting gold of them.
    Message Edited by Morcego on 03-11-2005 02:26 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Morcego Guest

This explains a lot. After the patch I thought mobs were regen health faster but now, after reading that thread, I think it might have to do with the Grisly Mark spell I usually cast in solo combat.

Ok, now... lets see if I understood this:

A mob has 1000/1000HP
    And with grisly mark on it goes to 800/800HP (loses 200HP)

Now an example fighting this mob:

I somehow deal 300 dmg (his health drops to 700/1000HP) and then I cast grisly mark.. and his health becomes 700/800HP... in percentage numbers it will give the illusion that he healed himself. Anyway, is this the way it should work? Shouldn't the damage we already dealt be totaly applied to the new mob base health instead of losing the difference?

I hope I was clear enough of my explanation :p
    Message Edited by Morcego on 03-11-2005 02:40 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-xxArcanexx Guest

Yes that's how it currently works, which means the Stamina debuff is completely useless unless it is the very first spell cast. If you are very smart at all you usualy wont want to be the very first person to agro a mob, which makes the stamina debuff worthless.
  13. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

It isn't worhtless at all. You're simply missing the point.

Using that same example lets toss a priest or shaman mob in the picture.
    Mob has 1000/1000HP
    You and Pet hit for 300 to 700/1000HP
    You toss grisly mark to 700/800HP
    Mob casts at +568 Heal for 800/800HP again
    Without the Mark he is back at 1000. With the Mark he is only back to 800HP.
  14. ARCHIVED-Naughtesnec Guest

iirc the difference in the spells app vs adept vs master affects the type of mobs the spell will work on.
    app no arrow reg mobs and ^ mobs - adept ^^ - master ^^^
    if this is true, the spell isnt bugged but the spell description is lacking.
  15. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

You're right Seeko... but I think the point that he was trying to make was that the mob will almost never heal itself back to max, usually only when its really low ... using your numbers, the mob would cast heal at 100/800 for +568, bringing it back up to 668 then switch back to nukes which still makes the stamina debuff useless.

Anyway, the spell still has useful resist debuffs....
  16. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Tybr Guest

Great post thanks for taking the time for us new Necros.
  18. ARCHIVED-Shadow_Weaver Guest

I'm not sure if it has been brought up in this thread anywhere, but has anyone noticed how when you summon/zone with a pet that the text message you get from your pet ("Right away, master!") doesn't have the same name as your pet?

I've noticed this for the past month or so, and have reported the bug a few times, but it doesn't appear to bee getting fixed.

I know I know, you're all probably thinking it's just a cosmetic thing (which I know it is), but it's still mildly annoying. :smileytongue:

< Valor >
    Ulcifer Demonicus
    26th Necromancer
    Mistmoore
  19. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Has anyone noticed they put in a better graphic for Grasping Bones. It turns the mob into stone again like petrify. Just noticed this yesterday.
  20. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Flayed form now has an icon associated with it. Don't know if it makes you invis after 15 minutes but at least it now can be cancelled.