Necromancer Spell/Pet Issues (Consolidated)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Jakanden, Jan 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Hmm I tested this last night and it adds HP for me and my group immediately.
  2. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

Then consider yourself lucky. NONE of the "purple icon" group buffs work for me until I zone. I've even posted same on this list in the past. You may want to confirm by standing at a zone line, recasting, then zoning and watching your health bar. If I recast my HP actually GOES DOWN until I zone.
  3. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

You can, but you aren't supposed to be able to. Yes, the recast timer is buggy which will allow you (if you hold your mouth right, turn your head slightly left, close your right eye and squint) to cast on more than one target but my guess it that this is the bug and, when fixed, it will act as a single-target spell as intended.
  4. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

This happened again last night in Rivervale against an enraged undertow puppet. Except rather than killing my pet it killed my bloated rat which broke the encounter and pretty much made me unable to even step away.
  5. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

Were these just weird random breaks or were they mobs that stopped tracking but hadn't returned home yet? (like in my example?) Just want to confirm if that's the reason for this bug.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

This was a mob that spawns in the same spot about every 15 minutes. I have a little exp-grind routine against 2 white-con and 3 yellow-com mobs that spawn regularly. I sent my pet, cast horrific mark, then cast rats. Mob turned to aggro me but stopped on my double-down-arrow white-con rat (boalted rat) instead. The instant the rat died the encounter broke.
  7. ARCHIVED-xxArcanexx Guest

I've tested this 100 times and just tested it again to make sure they didn't sneak in a fix over night and it is still bugged. Neither spell adds any HP untill you zone. And if you already have it up and have zoned to get the HP and recast it you will lose the HP.
  8. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

Pet annoyance: Sometimes pet decides to be invisible.

He's there, he's doing his job, you can tap him for power, but he can't be seen. My pet does this with good regularity in dungeons such as Runneyeye, and without fail in Nektropos Castle. (As my pet is often crowd control in these spots, it really makes for nervous tanks and healers when they see mobs beating on nothing: "who's it on? who's it on?????".)

Edit--I forgot to mention this annoyance: Pets are still not completely compatible with scout evac. For me, in dungeons, evac almost always brings pet now, but in outdoor zones the pet is never evaced. Not a big deal, but a minor annoyance.
    Message Edited by thisMoriMori on 03-04-2005 07:47 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-waswas-fng Guest

I have seen this as well, but only if I am using distance to keep agro on pet.. if you back out just further then the static pulse cast range your pet keeps agro a lot better on multi mob fights... if the rats that you cast while you are closer to the fight happen to die (or your pet for that matter) you get a reset. I have never had it happen on fights where I am in range to cast. Does this jive with what you saw?
  10. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

No. I was actively casting. Horrific Mark was the last thing I cast and it has perhaps the shortest range of anything we have. I was no more than 1M behind the mob. What was most odd about the last time is the way that I was completely locked. I could not move forward or backwards - I could only strafe and I was locked in auto-attack mode (which was not active before the break) and had to use the ~ key to be able to even back away. Also, the mob stopped attacking completely. After I was free, I went on to kill 4-5 more mobs and this particular puppet never reset. It stayed in broken encounter mode for at least an hour.
  11. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Happning to me now with Aspect of the undead - added it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

As usual - need some people to test Necromancer stuff in Live Update 4 and let me know bugs please. Wont be able to play tonight myself =)
  13. ARCHIVED-Samedi Guest

servers are locked atm even though it says they are up ><
  14. ARCHIVED-Naughtesnec Guest

Accursed Cloud Master 1 has the same description and parses the same as the app1 version of the spell.
  15. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Awsome - I will have to test Fade to see if it works as well =)
  17. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Unlock the servers so I can read the necro posts about how our spells work. This is killing me at work. I want to see what Zavronn's is like. It better lifetap for more than 32hp. :smileytongue:
    Message Edited by Handlebars on 03-08-2005 10:40 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Zedek Guest

Pet tap dance is fixed, they no longer go back and forth.

Lifetap element on invis spells fixed.

Rending frenzy seems to be better now.

//edit

Grasping bones and the stun after that now have their casting animation back. Timer still too long tho.

Breath of the unearthed and the other lifetap aoe's are now in the maintained spells window and can be canceled.
    Message Edited by Zedek on 03-09-2005 06:18 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Morcego Guest

Power Tap Pet Return - When you cast any kind of Power Tap spell on your pet (Bloody Ritual, Essence Shift, etc..), the pet comes back to you like he wants to attack you each tick. This has the potential to lower DPS as the pet is running back and forth during the duration of the spell.

Fixed! :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Naughtesnec Guest

Hi there

You have listed Terror being bugged...

Terror (Level 38) - If you get hit it breaks, if the mob gets hit it breaks, if you move it breaks and when it does work it only lasts for less than 10 seconds
    I'm pretty sure that's working as intended...they don't want fear kiting im sure - I't a way to help you escape or cast another pet or whatever. NOT a way to sick your pet on a fleeing mob...

Now the duration could be a bit longer...