Nagafen PvP Beta

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Redlight Well-Known Member

Mage auto attack damage without a spell weapon seems to be capped at 1 damage per hit. Might be the same for priests.
  2. Teya New Member

I have two suggestions for two problems. First an example of what I saw yesterday. Group 1 had a lvl 39, 2x 36, 2x 34, 33. One level 45 amongst a group of 50s x5 was able to attack the first group because there was one lvl 39 in the group. That is really lopsided. The first group had the lvl 39 mentor. That didn't change anything except the lvl 39 could not fight at all now.

Couldn't the groups as a whole be conning according to the average of the groups level?
    Couldn't mentoring dumb down the mentoring toon and allow them to fight as well?

Actually doing either one of those would fix the above example.

Just a thought.
    Siren likes this.
  3. Teya New Member

Why would charm not work on an even conned mob?
  4. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

1 )You can't con them to the average level because of the other players looking to kill them. Sure it'd help you complete your dungeon faster but it wouldn't be fair to the player who is now just out of level range because of a single low level.

2) No, I don't recall this working last time. Really not much you can do about it that wont affect gameplay drastically and its really not worth it for how limited of an issue this really is.

DBG needs to focus their time on shattered lands loot tables so we have a reason to explore the entire world instead of sitting in CL waiting for pvp.
  5. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Really my point is just that the number is too low. I shouldn't see an Ant 2 when a /who brings up 30 players Q side. Otherwise when live launches we're going to have a 2nd instance of EF and someone is going to hold it open til a contested launches and we wont have access to it. Pretty positive this was an issue on DT.
  6. Gankednshanked Active Member

You should be able to fight while mentored if attacked. Tested it yesterday and it worked. Also, it’s always worked that if you group with someone who is higher level, you will be conned to all players who can attack the person higher level than you. I think that’s fine and doesn’t need to be changed. You should always be aware of that when you go out.
  7. Daarkstar Active Member

Whoa holy XP nerfs, please bump PVE/PVP combat before this weekend so everyone has something to do.

Also, necro pets are too strong, saw a 38 fighter pet with 10K health, mage pet had 7K (double my HP). I think the scout pet is stifling for full duration as well.

Would be good if you removed Outpost from the bells in the city docks so people can stop hanging out in there farming eachother all day long. Qeynos went quiet within one day because there was nothing to kill as all of freeport were fighting themselves.

Gear seems decent aside from healers not getting more powerful heals. The difference between a T4 tank with no gear and a T5 tank with some gear is about 3-4k HP yet my wards and heal stay the same no matter how much gear I collect? At this rate raiding in T5 will just be 3 Paladins in the MT group spamming % based heals haha.
  8. Gankednshanked Active Member

XP nerf was good. They can add beta buff at some point. Probably should.

Agree with 2nd and 3rd point.

Kind of agree. Still needs balancing. Random common drops have insane stats while fabled loot can be terrible.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Summoner pets are completely OP-- tons of hitpoints, tons of damage, tank way, way better than my pally, in T2 anyway. Oh boy. I'm sure Daybreak is on this, though, and I doubt it will make it to live like that. Right now, it's downright embarassing to try and tank on a team with a Conj (Necro too no doubt), and PvPing against one is a lost cause. Not to mention, whole teams are full of them, and Q city is overrun with Conjurors. Just overrun.

Quest XP and mob XP are really really low, too-- much lower even than Fallen Gate, seems like. Even in early T2, takes forever to level.

Food and drink still vanish off you every time you zone.
    Durzo and Trasor like this.
  10. Sergio New Member

The main problem of low lvl healers is lack of focus skill, because I cant even cast(interrupting) my light and fastest heal if someone just attack me, I meant no stiffles, stuns, etc. You need to add some focus self-buff for healers. Also need to add some heals bonuses from gear main attributes, same as other classes have bonuses for damage.
    Durzo and Daarkstar like this.
  11. MarzEQ New Member

In six pages of comments I see a lot of big problems and suggestions for fixes that DBG doesn't have the manpower or time to implement during a rushed beta. After seeing the population drop to double digits over two days of testing, I think the current beta server needs to be scrapped and relaunched to something more attainable AND more widely appreciated.

Re-adapt the team pvp model. Give players a reason to want to pvp outside of griefing their way to easy exp gains (such as taking over an enemy dungeon, or fighting over other open world content.) In my many years of playing on pvp servers, I've most enjoyed the games where pvp was a means to achieve the goal of claiming a pve reward. By making the pvp exp rewards so enticing you are make griefing attractive to more people, and as a consequence of that you ensure that the server will not maintain a viable population. If new players are seen as a source of advancement, there will quickly be no new players.

If the plan is to fully wipe the server every three months, a serious look needs to be taken at the rate of advancement. The goal should be to find an exp rate that allows the average player to achieve max level with decent gear, but without being so fast that a majority of content is quickly outdated before it can be enjoyed. For this server, I believe pve and crafting exp need significant boosts. One month to fully experience an expansion is well beyond the scope of most players.

TLDR- A PvP server can't survive on pvp alone. There are other games, games actually created and balanced with pvp in mind, that do that better. FFA and massive pvp rewards (without other viable sources for that same caliber of exp) only encourage griefing and will kill any hope of a strong server population. It's crazy to try to reinvent the wheel with such limited time and resources.
    Gankednshanked likes this.
  12. Sergio New Member

Just checked, guard's aggro spells dont work in PvP combat.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

When you are comparing a summoner tank pet to your Pally, what does your Pally's gear look like? I only ask because if you are running around in level 10-12 gear at level 20+ then you should be squishier then a tank pet.

Also trying to pvp a summoner is not that bad, especially if you have a chanter or Troub with you. CC / mezz the pet and kill the summoner = easy win.

I do agree the summoner pet / illy pet damage needs to be toned down a little. But it is no where near the levels it was on SH/DT.
  14. Winter New Member

PvP XP is now too low. Spent 30 minutes of continuous pvping and haven't hit level 12 yet. For some this may be okay, but for someone that has more IRL obligations than I had 15 years ago, I don't want my EQ2 time to be spent grinding. Been there, done that.

For this beta, I think it's important to get ALOT of people to higher end content to work the bugs out.

IMO all XP should be increased - PvP, PvE, quests, crafting, collections, etc. Get people out there and off the isle.

I'm having a blast reliving days past, but I don't have the time nor desire to grind it out.

Note: FFA and Single Toon are must haves for me. It makes this a new eq2 experience.
  15. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Cuz dbg "fixed" it by making it "only affects targets of lvl 2 or below" lmao.

Pets are super OP because player gear is complete trash. I don't understand why they didn't just use FG gear changes and continue to improve upon that.

This server is already super boring because the PVE is garbage.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

They are using new customized tools so that they can modify special rule set servers in the future, too, which will be totally cool in the long run. So I'm guessing they couldn't import Deathtoll or Fallen Gate coding but are having to start all over? That would explain why the same drop imbalances and OP Summoner and OP Enchanter problems are here all over again.

What they really need to do is just extend beta to get this all worked out, however long that takes.

If they need a cash infusion meanwhile, instead of just rushing this beta to launch (because Nagafen will be gold sub only), they could A.) let people roll several characters instead of 1 for the beta if they pay for a gold subscription, or B.) just start charging a sub to even beta this after the 2 week period they initially said.

If I recall correctly, we had to sub to even beta test Deathtoll. And if people aren't willing to pay for a sub, then they're never getting onto Nagafen once it's live anyway. In which case, why would they care about beta testing it now?
    Durzo likes this.
  17. MarzEQ New Member

I don't think subbing for the beta would have any impact. What they need is proof of a sustainable increased income significant enough to allow them to hire more devs, and that's not something this server has the potential of providing (in beta or likely the full duration.) Grand changes need to reconceptualized to something actually attainable, with an eye toward making this server appealing to enough people to sustain a viable population.
  18. Gankednshanked Active Member

Agree with the premise of this boast and have said it since they announced the beta. That is the only way PvP is sustainable in this game
  19. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

i fear this server will not even go live at all. Frankly i dont really care either cuz i dont wanna play through another DT/SH.....
  20. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah im done, what a piece of garbage. Full grp of lvl 16s attacking u straight of the boat. GG
    I wouldnt even play this beta if they paid me for it.
    ArcaneCognition and Raeven like this.