Move Nagafen to Antonia Bayle

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Tippysaurus, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Tippysaurus Active Member

Don't be so conceited. The players killed Nagafen.
  2. Glida Active Member

If not a server merge, than at least give us the option to transfer a few of our characters for free - some of us don't/can't PL as quickly as you guys say is possible. My favorite character to play around on happens to be my highest level, and I want to experience the new content on a server with, you know, actual living people on it. And no, I'm not paying the amount to transfer when they were the ones that completely destroyed this server to begin with.
    ŞɸℜѦ and Tippysaurus like this.
  3. Tippysaurus Active Member

QFE
  4. Exur Well-Known Member

Will never happen till they decide this option is "free" for all servers. Go ask for it in the PvE section, you'll get a better response. I'm all for free transfers, but it's a global problem... not just the few people that haven't and don't want to buck up and transferred already. Nagafen will get no special treatment from SoE, population issues exist on many servers. Happens with 10 year old games that evolve terribly.

Server merge request is just selfish, period. Your solution is available, you just want it free. And that's fine, but splash your tears in the right direction.
  5. Exur Well-Known Member

Hence the request for a free transfer is valid, but not a server merge in this case. A server merge in this case is not just a merge of two population. A server merge in this case is quite literally the removal of a game play (rule set) many prefer and don't want to lose. I'll go on a limb and say that there are many more that want it, but have chosen PvE over it and transferred off Nagafen. All I'm saying is that these requests are pointed in the right direction and not pointed at something that destroys a rule set forever. Yeah it's nothing like it used to be, but it's still what I like most about EQ2... as sad as that is to say.
  6. Glida Active Member

Good point! I am one of the few people who haven't and don't want to buck up and transfer already. I'll just go pay $300 to transfer all my characters over just so I can experience the game the way it was meant to be played (I have a lot of characters). Sound ridiculous? Well it should. Because it is. This is an issue of fairness. Its not fair that I am paying $15 a month to play a game that is so drastically different from what other people get to experience because of bad decisions on their part. And hey I'm all for free enterprise. But simple question: Is $25 per character a fair price?
    Tippysaurus likes this.
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

As much as I hated Rift there was the option to flag yourself for PvP no matter which shard you were on, and yes it was used even on blue shards.
    If that was available in EQ2 I could see the point in merging Naggie with AB, but it's not. I'm sure a lot of players on low pop servers would like a free transfer (I'm not one of them btw)

Seems to me there would be better things to push for if you wanted a PvP server/PvP to still be an option.
    Glida likes this.
  8. Glida Active Member

^That would be cool! Kind of reminds me of Star Wars Galaxies.
  9. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

1. I paid for all my toon except 1 to move off Nagafen awhile back cause this was a problem that was so obvious when I came back to the game and saw how horrible the pvp system was I knew from that moment the only thing that would be going on was people leaving and the only server pvp would be maybe a raid at a wf every 2 hours. 90% of the server sitting in a BG.

2. They should let players just choose where they would like to go, eventually all servers are going to take a major hit. This game is not kept up like Eq1.

3. Players who used to love the idea of out smarting an opponent just move on, this game has no real skills inside of it anymore, even the pve aspect is moving that way.

Let people move, it is the least Sony can do, look how many servers are dead. You can't blame the player base on all that, that is a failed company, not failed players. Players cry and whine about everything, but it is the Devs who make the decisions on what is logical to place into a game, and it is the source of income that makes it possible for them to do so. So this game was a classic, but it is losing its base of ground on ever remaining a classic.

Btw way it is a Fact better players come from pvp servers anyways. That's why blue servers got there @$$e$ handed to them every xpac that had a bg and still do. They are to casual to fight. So the you're not invited attitude should freeze cause 90% of all the high end raid guilds have ex pvpers in them and they are the most talented players.
  10. Tippysaurus Active Member

Five years no action or valid response from Sony. OUR tears were thrown their direction for 5 years. They made the choise to further break the game and add broken mechanics instead of fixing what was broke that caused the problems in the first place.
  11. Tippysaurus Active Member

They barely acknowledge PVP exists. Two very simple problems with very simple fixes complained about for years and they cannot get it done. Very minor changes needed to revive what used to be the most active aspect of this game, hands down. SOE doesn't care and will not fix anything. Still many spells broken in PVP. Still no change to warfields. bugs/exploits galore that go unanswered. Like the plat duping which collapsed the Nagafen market. Like Divine Light which is still broken 5 years later. Like the Guardian 2 years later. Like the BG matchmaker 5 years later. Congrats on new broken spells that you have to pay for that will remain broken for quite some time like every other looming issue. Congrats Jett and Predacane on WW disco on every piece of PVP gear that was released today. LOL! What a joke of a company. If I were your boss none of you would have a job.... 500k active subscriptions 5 years ago to what 25k? 50k tops now? With no better competition currently on the market mind you.
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

I actually was convincing myself to get back into PvE, or try it for PvP reasons. Nope, they just dumped PvP gear in at the last second. And of course, since SoE has absolutely no clue about their own game, lvl 100s running around in full new PvP gear on day one. Is it that hard to realize the short cuts people take. I feel defeated....
    Corydonn and Tippysaurus like this.
  13. Tippysaurus Active Member

I don't know why you still defend them. And PVP. Have you sat and thought of the little work it would take to put a little thought and participation into PVP? Then looked back at the last 5 years and see that no f**** were given? It's not defeating it is nauseating.
  14. mouser Well-Known Member

Not sure if this thread is a complete troll or now, so I'll answer (good job if it is).

They will never merge a red server into a blue because the majority of players (who don't post on forums) would flip that their PvP was being taken away from them.

You want to live on a more populated server? Reroll somewhere. Seriously once you've been through the game once or twice you can hit max level in a matter of days, if you bring friends you can level up your guild as well. All the benefits of a server merge with none of the out of pocket expenses.
  15. Exur Well-Known Member

Slept on what my next 6 months would have been like without PvP gear.... 6 months of running thru the same Heroic zones over and over again to get average gear. The lesser of two evils for me personally is spending the next 6 months looking for open world PvP, Contesting the Warfront mobs, Warfields and grinding out BG dailies. It is what it is, but for me it's much MUCH better then the alternative. PvE drove PvP on Nagafen for years cause it wasn't 99% played in an instance. PvE doesn't drive open world PvP anymore, so I'm back on this broken bandwagon. ;)
  16. Darksavanna Active Member

PvP servers have always been stuck with instances. From KoS thru current we have always been battling PvE instanes. The major problme with PvP is the lack of compeditiveness. The guys who are already lv 100 and in a starter set of PvP gear will shread people for the next month who are tryin to quest. I and my guildies will have no chance against them.

At this point they need to merge the servers. After the merge they need to leave it where people on the newly merged servers can still find open world PvP at the WFs. Every other hour Antonica, EL, and KP are open for open world pvp and token duping. After an hour the PvP is shut down and questers PvErs can go about there business again. Also allow people to come and go from that server.
  17. Exur Well-Known Member

Not to this degree. Instances always existed, but you actually leveled and gained AA thru open world questing. This was the beauty of expansions like KoS, ToF and RoK. Then the new questers fed the gankers that fed the PvPers that fed the roaming PvP groups. I loved questing while looking over my shoulder. It's a lost experience cause people take getting owned personally and can't understand what it is. Gut up, revive and out will your opponent. This is what I miss most and this is why I say PvE ruined this PvP experience. I think SoE actually tried to prevent the AFK/instance leveling with nerfing exp in SS, but they keep forgetting about other options.

Anyway, no going back and PvP is something entirely different now. Adjust and enjoy the PvE game uncontested if that's the desire, cause it's 100% an option for you on Nagafen at this point in the game's life cycle. Or play the PvP grind for what it's been pushed into.
  18. Pawder Active Member

When SoE sells off its entertainment group. This game will be put to bed proper. Sony stocks are dropping like a dress on prom night. Investors what to separate the different "groups". Electronics and gaming has not made them money as expected. Most of the major stock holders are pushing to dump SoE. So keep dreaming about better days. I hope for the best and expect the worst.
  19. Talathionwins Active Member

Why not just add Opt-in PvP and remove Nagafun? People who want to PvP will flag up anyways. Its the same as picking a server, since you can just move back and fourth freely.
  20. Exur Well-Known Member

You don't get it. I'm all for them adding an opt in PvP on AB or where ever, but it's not the same. You're just modifying duel. What kind of idiot would enable PvP when they have a PvE objective to accomplish. You are missing the concept of needing a PvE objective, but you have to play thru a PvP risk.

Just saw your new thread. Stop being dumb already.
    Tippysaurus likes this.