Monks are to broke

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Wanand, Dec 9, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Densetsu Guest

And you have also made a claim, to the contrary, with even less to back it up.

GangsterFist may claim he cannot tank, but he at least shares his experiences with tanking and what he has done to try and make it so that he actually can tank. Just because you do not agree, doesn't mean he has presented nothing.

You, on the other hand, have presented absolutely nothing at all. Let's compare.

GangsterFist: "I am having trouble tanking equally, I was in a group and we did this and this, and tried this and that, and at the end of the day, I could tank simply okay, but the Guardian could do it much better without all those tactics."

Mamaseeta: "We can tank because I said so. Prove me wrong."

You are acting like a child. "Wah, wah, you're wrong, so prove it!"
  2. ARCHIVED-Mamaseeta Guest

Densetsu:

I am not the one creating threads, poeple make statements and I ask them to provide proof, they have failed to do so. SOE states that all the fighter classes are suppose to be the dammage takers equally, people are makign comments to the contrary, wothout providing proof.
  3. ARCHIVED-GangsterFist Guest

I would like to clarify one thing before this goes any further. Monks can tank, I tank all the time. I tanked last night in a group and did fine. However, compared to a guardian, we are not really equal as far as tanking abilities. I tanked some +++ lvl 35 and lvl 37 raid mobs with one healer in a group of peeps about lvl 38ish a week ago. I did okay, but those raid mobs are designed to be taken out by two groups of level 28 to 32s. So, its not like that proves anything.

In a sloppy pick up group a plate tank has an easier time tanking. A monk, on the other hand will have a hard time doing their job. I am level 40 now, and I will say this. From level 30 to 39 its harder to tank. At level 40+ monks do get lots better and after the built in shield patch I think we should have an easier time tanking.

My posts were never stating monks can't tank. It was stating they cannot tank equally. I am hoping the built in shield will make us that much better. We'll have to wait and see.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mamaseeta Guest

Gangster,

Again I would invite you to provde facts to support this claim.

You are making claims that are in contrary to the official position, if you are indeed correct prove it then maybe things can be addressed.
  5. ARCHIVED-Craaq Guest

Dude he's offering his insight and experience from playing first hand. What's all this proof you're wanting? You want him to write a thesis paper on it and do research just so he can prove what he's saying to one person (you).

Here's some subjective proof. Full group with 25 berserker tanking gnolls in TS. I (25 monk) ask to tank for a few and I have to noticably wait a few more seconds in between fights for healers (2 templars) to power up. So went from A) constant pulling with berserker tanking to B) wait 10 seconds between pulling with monk tanking. Next time I'll videotape the stop watch running so you can see the seconds ticking by between pulls.

Can I tank? yes
    Was it the most efficient given the group make up? no
    If berzerker left could I tank for rest of the night? yes

Message Edited by Craaq on 12-20-2004 04:40 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Mamaseeta Guest

I want actual numbers, logged damamge results, from fights, compairing these logs to other fights.

I beleive him to be incorrect in his evaluation, and he continues to spamm the boards with his opinions, it is time for him to put up or shut up.
  7. ARCHIVED-shaolen Guest

Mama this isnt a court of law, calm down a little. We are all just offering our opinion here, besides I dont think there is a way to provide "definitive" proof that monks can or cannot tank. Some say they can, some say they cant as well as other classes. I say so what? Just enjoy the game, if monks are not the tank you thought they were going to be, switch to a class that meets your needs.

Personally I consider myself sort of a Humvee instead of a Tank :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Ntuk Guest

Not all monks are created equal. I tank juuuuuust fine against Red ^^ with only one Templar. *gasp*!
  9. ARCHIVED-DrrakoXhaoXing Guest

Screw tanking make us Full time DPS =P
  10. ARCHIVED-GangsterFist Guest

Not all healers are created equal, Not all mobs fight the same, not all encounters work the same. Mitigation does not work against magic. Avoidance does not work against magic. Not all spells stack. The better the equipment/skills the better the class. The better group, the better out come.

Just because you tank a red ^^ with one healer does not mean much. I tanked a level 46^^^ the other day, and I cannot say that I did any better than a guardian would, or a zerker for that matter. One instance does not mean a lot when you look at everything from a whole.

Just wait till guardians get full CT and EF equipment, then we will see their full potential, as the same with monks.

I tank just fine with fbss and nice weapons, and good armor, because im outfitted nicely. So, yeah not all monks are created equal.