Monk Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-BChizzle, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

Know that GU85 is out, can we get some more talk going on about more changes we as a community would like to see happen going into the next Xpac. There is not much that we know, but i know we are getting a Mit buff to help with the loss of +mit on equipment and our Mith buff is getting changed back to the Chain level. what other changes can we come up with.
  2. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Silzin wrote:
    Nothing yet, and probably won't be much talk about it since anyone who would know would be under BETA NDA.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rasttan Guest

New AE thoughts
    The enhance attackline in the Monk Tree is absolutely worthless
    My Idea is to take that line and change it to enhance crane twirl
    and flock.

CRANE TWIRL
    Frozen Palm to Focus Crane Twirl +3% damage per rank
    Striking Cobra to Twirl Mastery +1% proc rate per rank

CRANE FLOCK
    Artic Talon to Master of the Flock -4 sec reuse per rank

Mongoose Stance changed to a 10% per rank AE taunt chance
    about half the value of Dragonrage so its less effective on single target but much better on groups.

Then to take the Silence endline AA and change that to an additional 3% per rank of AE auto, call it what ever.

This would Put us behind Zerkers still but ahead of all other tanks
    in AE ability where I think Brawler/martial arts classes should be
    we should be better at fighting/damaging multiple oppenents.

Any other thoughts for our class about enhancing our AE capabilities since thats the path this game has taken
  4. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

I still like the idea that was put out a few months agro about making the D stance a more agro stance and the O stance a more dps stance. Also making the mod stance should have all of the avoidance of the D stance but less mit and more dps. I am thinking this would translate into, in D stance Dragon Rage procs an AE in some way… I like your Mongoose Stance change hear. D stance would also have an innate +hate mod. In O stance Mongoose Stance would do AE dps of similar quantities but with less agro output. O stance would also have an innate –hate mod. Mid stance would get the dps proc from Mongoose Stance, +hate mod, and avoidance, but not the +mit that D stance gives. In this way we can go mid stance to tank some easer mobs and to off tank, but when we need more agro and or defense we can to D stance.
  5. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Rasttan@Unrest wrote:
    I am not seeing what you are seeing, in fact brawlers AE capability is excellent now. The crane twirl AA change really has made a significant difference. If you throw in adorns and crane flock we are probably averaging around 60%'ish AE auto attacks along with a massive amount of AE procs. If anything it would be nice to get another blue in this coming expansion maybe one with a nice big taunt on it and a decent recast but not all these huge AA changes.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rasttan Guest

I dont think our AE capabilities are bad at all, but those AA are worthless and If we can get them changed I'd like boosts in the AE area since thats the game today. Another blue with a taunt would be great also.
  7. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Rasttan@Unrest wrote:
    I doubt you will see much old AA adjustments other then minor tweaks, the devs just don't like going back, more important is really what we get going forward. Id like to see them build on what we got this expansion in the fact we can tank things effectively now without having to be completely endgame geared, single target agro management could use some improvement when we are tanking and we could use some group utility.
  8. ARCHIVED-lavrence Guest

funny cause i hit max with gear and AA without this buff and without any single target hastes cast on me...but im wasting buffs so.....
    i say give bruisersthe haste and give us a DPS buff then again bruisers would complain about that