Monk Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-BChizzle, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-songi86 Guest

2. ARCHIVED-attila Guest

Xelgad wrote:
    zerk have 100% how about 50% aoe const
    And how about aoe range bruiser have very very BIG problem with 5m aoe/
  3. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

since most brawlers take the WIS line, Crane FLOCK is now going to put us at 120% AE attack? Since anything over 100% is wasted, can we see crane Flock nerfed to only 80%, yet gain doubleattacks on AE mobs? or something other than AE attack which we will already have?
  4. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Xelgad wrote:
    Have I told you lately how completely awesome you are?
  5. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Honestly just when I thought I had absolutely no interest in this game something like this comes along and sparked another fire.
    For me this is huge. Xelgad is working, communicating, and posting infoz for us.
    Huge round of applause for Xelgad.
    Seriously. I figured that the brawler community was lost. I now have hope again.
    I once read that showing up is 88% percent of life.
    Xelgad thanks for showing up.
  6. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Crabbok@Oasis wrote:
    From everything I've hear about Velious, I think they'll be added special effects or making some kind of additional bonus to stats that go over the cap. Maybe 120% AE attack will give 100% AE attack and 20% AE double attack for example.
  7. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

now we have a source of AE attack we need to make sure that Dragon Rage is able to proc on each of the targets of that AE attack. also making it proc on a successful avoid would be a nice agro tool and be in line with what monks do.
  8. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Xelgad wrote:
    Very nice indeed. I think this is a wonderful middle ground since, while the amount of AE auto attack isn't as high as other fighters, it also has the damage proc. A very good fix.
  9. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

Xelgad can you also look into the helping need for monks to be over geared for a heroic or raid mob in order to be able to tank that mob. i am not asking to be over powered, just to have a equal survivability to the plate tanks at a level of gear under the full T3 raid gear. i am told by top geared raided monks and bruiser that at the end game raid level we do have a near equal level of survivability to the plate tank, but i have not seen that since i am not in a high end raiding guild. i would also assume that most of the players are not starting new monks off with there myth and T3 raid gear with all of the +mit that would be wanted.
  10. ARCHIVED-songi86 Guest

Well then that would mean the top end monks would have much higher survivability than the plate tanks. Not that I'm against it since I wouldn't mind dominating more than I already do.
  11. ARCHIVED-Shredderr Guest

Xelgad wrote:
    thx a million just for letting us know someone even cares :) . and our procs working on a successful avoid would be a good idea also imo since we are an avoid tank not a yes beat on me tank cause I can take that .
  12. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

Xelgad Thank you very much for addressing the Mit problem. I think that will go a long way to help the brawlers that are gearing up and also but less so the brawlers that have the t3 raid gear with the +mit on the armor. There are still a lot of changes expressed here and I will beg you not to stop watching us and taking into consideration more changes. I have a problem with the way Meditative Mending works. I was Oting Icy Keap one day and have seen it go off over 250 times in 1 night, so I know it is working. But that night I didn’t have a shaman healing me. When I have a shaman healing in group it will not go off at all or maybe if it done only a few times, that the shamans words are all down. Can you look at the trigger conditions of this ability or change the ability so that when we are tanking it has a change to help out with our survivability. Since as we go from a normal dps group to a normal group set up for a OT or MT this ability will stop working all together. After all monks are supposed to be the more defensive brawler, or at least that is what the character description said.
  13. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

With the nerfs to mit on test we're going to need a LOT more help to bring us up to speed with the other tanks (for those that don't know, we'll now be getting 1/5th the mitigation from +mit increase that we previously were). My suggestions for improvements are:
    • Make tsunami cast time instant
    • Make Brawler's tenacity until cancelled. Once the first trigger is used, then start the 45s timer for the second trigger.
    • Reduce the recast on mountain stance and skin like mountain
    • Replace the +defense/+deflection/+parry in our brawler AA lines with a stat that is relevant for raids (the contested nature of these stats makes them do essentially nothing against a level 98 raid mob). Switch these out to equivalent amounts of uncontested avoidance, mitigation, or damage reduction.
    • Remove the <50% hp requirement from the int endline
    • Get rid of enhance: tranquil vision and alternate: mongoose stance and replace them with absolutely anything else.
    • Change crane flock: remove the 100% double attack and nerf the AE autoattack to 80%, and give us a base autoattack damage increase in their place
    • Remove the double attack proc from our mythical and replace it with a small amount of flurry. (We can reach 100% DA so quickly and easily that DA procs are really useless)
    • Remove some of the haste from our offensive stance and replace it with a small amount of crit bonus or base autoattack damage
  14. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

15. ARCHIVED-ChopperDave04 Guest

With this mit nerf they should change our myth buff to have 10-15% mit increase instead of 4%, if they dont do that then what's the point of even using the myth buff if it only will give ~100 raw mitigation when the changes hit.
  16. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Or make it straight damage reduction. Or +minimum deflection chance. Or just change it back to the way it was in RoK/TSO before they made it +mit increase
  17. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    This
    Particularly the haste and DA capping issues. You are acknowledging this issue for guardians (changing DA AA to flurry). Please do the same for us.
  18. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Yeah, so people overcapping mit is a bug that makes guardian spells useless and has to be fixed (nerfing us to hell and back in the process) while overcapping haste for monks is perfectly fine. Seriously messed up.
    The thing that concerns me most though with these changes is the monk mythical. It used to increase the raw mitigation value of our armor to the level of chain. This was very useful, as it not only directly increased our mit, it increased the value that was being modified by effects like + mitigation increase. At the beginning of this expansion they changed this value to +4 mit increase. That +4 mit increased was balanced under the broken mechanics against other people's mythicals. With the nerfs to mit increase, our mythical is now suddenly worthless. Fix the mythical to up the base value of our armor again!
    As things stand on test, brawlers will get significantly less benefit from each point of +mitigation increase than a plate tank does. This is because the raw mit on a plate tank's armor is higher, so a % based increase will be higher as well. For example, if a plate tank has 9000 mitigation on their armor and +10 mit increase, they will end up with a total mit of 9900 (9000+.1*9000=9900). A brawler, on the other hand, who only has 5000 mit to start with, would only increase their mit to 5500 (5000+.1*5000=5500). So for every point of mit increase, plates get a huge benefit, while brawlers get a tiny benefit. That effect on our mythical should increase the base mit on our armor so that the difference isn't quite so huge.
  19. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Appears that monk mythical mit will be getting evaulated. At least they are in the know about it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Polynikes Guest

Hopefully they also look at Numbing Blows and the bruiser TSO one (Hardened Skin), as they are currently on test they are very weak AA's. The figther TSO AA Battle Hardening is giving basically twice the amount of mit as these 2 AA's.