Monk Armor Quest Complete Guide *SPOILER*

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Naskin, Nov 30, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Squidwalker Guest

Trust me this stuff is seriouls less AC then the other fighters. I'm playing a ranger as my main, monk for alt, and my AC ratings on the ranger stuff which is medium armor, is double this stuff. So I can just imagine the heavy harmor the warriors are wearing is prolly double that.
    Out of curiosity, at level 20 do we still only wear light armor? Or do monks ever get to wear medium.
    And besides the Agi bonus being kind of low considering we get crap for AC rating, I would think it would deflection bonuses in it. And what's with the low mental resist? They play monks up like they are strong minded and strong willed, even get specials for mental defences, but that's the lowest resist bonus.
    Personally, I think this armor is seriously lacking. I understand the difference of AC values from light to medium to heavy. But my ranger who wears medium doesnt tank. My monk who wears light does tank. Or at least is supposed to be able to. I think this armor needs some serious beefing for our defences. Like more Agi bonuses, and how about like a 20-30 bonus to deflection, with all the armor on?

Hollly Brell, just looked at the other SS of the male's in this stuff. Hideous!!! Even thought the color looks like puke, at least the chic look hot in it. But males in tight exposing clothing? What near sited designer thought that crap up? And who the hell ever uses tight clothing for martial arts anyway? I practice 2 different martial arts, and we use loos fitting Gi's and pants. And every other martial art I have looked or tried was the same. Again what the hell was the designer thinking? Oh it must have been the same one that made the Ranger quest armor PINK!!!! Which by the way we got changed to green in the big update. Thank Brell. So maybe we can get this armor changed. At least the color, to black or white. Or maybe white for Qeynos folks, and black for Freeport folks.
    Message Edited by Squidwalker on 12-27-2004 10:55 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Dooyas Guest

The Ac value for Plate is not 4 times that of light, it is not even twice as much. Please stop blowing things out of proportion, you made it pretty clear in some of your other posts you hate the monk, fine reroll then.

At lvl 30 these are the stats on some of the pieces of each class.

Gloves
    Plate: (Gaurdian)
    110 AC
    5 agi
    4 wis
    14 power
    18 health
    8 disease
    3 heat

Medium (Ranger)
    95 AC
    4 agi
    5 wis
    13 power
    19 health
    8 disease
    3 heat

Light (Monk)
    63 AC
    6 agi
    3 wis
    19 power
    13 health
    8 disease
    3 heat

Chest Slots are:

Plate
    276 ac
    7 agi
    2 str
    15 power
    17 health
    8 disease
    5 magic

Medium (Ranger)
    236 AC
    4 agi
    5 str
    16 power
    16 health
    8 disease
    5 magic

Light (Monk)
    157 ac
    4 agi
    5 str
    20 power
    12 health
    8 disease
    5 magic

The only thing that changes is the HP/Power ratio, stat ratio and the amount of AC, but if you add up all the stats everyone's is equal and the only thing different is AC. Which it should be, monks get a bigger bonus to AGI then what plate classes do. And a rogue class having a higher AGI then a monk is nothing really big, AGI is basically the most important stat for the rogues because it controls thier accuracy and thier power pool.
  3. ARCHIVED-Neimhidh Guest

NT
    Message Edited by Neimhidh on 01-04-2005 11:37 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-XunSarak Guest

Thinking about the int and wis stats, don't they affect some of the skills, like crushing anvil and sky cleve, indomnible will, martial focus, etc.? Maybe even taunts and shouts. Don't know how to check though.
  5. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

I've never used indomitable will and never plan to ever ever ever.
  6. ARCHIVED-blueberrylyl Guest

/bump for those of us too lazy to bookmark....
  7. ARCHIVED-SilentFeet Guest

Actually.. most of the armor pieces do the exact same thing. The gloves, wrists, and sandals look like the "newbie" things as well, meaning nothing shows up and if you unequip them you will look exactly the same. None the pieces affect the look of your character (meaning the difference between not having something equipped and having the armor on) except the mantle and GI.
  8. ARCHIVED-LothostheUnseen Guest

Well as I understand it higher INT helps resist arcane hostile spells cast on you and a higher WIS helps resist or avoid divine hostile spells cast at you.
    I know as a dark elven brawler and now monk (yes!) I generally resist spells cast on me a lot more than other brawlers and monks, which helps a great deal at times and works well with our interrupts for chain casters.
    so the higher INT and WIS stats may prove helpful in that sense even if we're all trying to mainly boost our AGI.
  9. ARCHIVED-Darthwoogy Guest

I just can NOT get these guys to spawn. My group and I killed all the restless Calt's and all else that got near the foci, and nothing spawned. We did this through mutliple rounds of calt spawns. What could I be doing wrong? thanks
  10. ARCHIVED-Kiiyone Guest

Nearby one of the foci by the cliff, there is a caltorsis spawn down below near the cliff edge. If they still don't spawn, you can always try the other foci (I think there are three of them), or try another Antonica instance. In my experience, it doesn't take long for them to spawn normally.

-Faryll, Antonia Bayle
  11. ARCHIVED-Naskin Guest

Keep in mind that there are 4 groups surrounding the foci, and you MUST kill all 4 groups before any of them respawn or the acolytes will not spawn. I've helped multiple people do this, and being higher level I can clear them now with ease, and I have never found an instance where it does not spawn them. There are is one foci located near a cliff that I know of that the restless Caltorsis are actually over the side of the cliff... make sure to pull those. Hope that helps.
  12. ARCHIVED-Runnik Guest

good advice in here.

Good luck on finishing these all!

;)
  13. ARCHIVED-PeoplesAssassin Guest

First of all, thanks for the guide it has helped me a great deal so far and hopefully will continue to do so until i finish all my Armor Quests.

One point i did find some difficulty with however and want to clarify for others is the location of strong boxes for AQ3.

Feign Zombie and Strong box Locations:
    Both of these mobs are reached from the Atrium.

To get to the Atrium:
    1) Take the second door on the rigth once inside the main entrance.
    2) Once through the door take a left and then hop over the broken floor
    3) Take the second right
    4) Follow the corridor until you come to a door on your left, go through this and left into the atrium

Once in the Atrium:
    Zombies
    If you are in a group with other people that need stuff for AQ3 (cavaliers & acolytes) then the best to go is the first door on the left, go right and then follow the corridor taking any lefts along the way through the chapel. You'll eventually find a room with a few feign zombies in and in the next room a few cavaliers and acolytes. Running between these will get your group their kills in no time.

Strongboxes
    From the atrium take the second door (counting clockwise) take two rights and click on the grate to enter the Library, here you'll find your strongboxes in a room round a corner to the left.

Map of Stormhold Level 2:
    http://www.gry-online.pl/eq2/maps.asp?ID=50

Hope this helps.
    Message Edited by PeoplesAssassin on 01-20-2005 11:25 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-PeoplesAssassin Guest

*grumble-doublepost-grumble*
    Message Edited by PeoplesAssassin on 01-20-2005 11:23 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Trojake Guest

At what level is it time to get new armor? (after you have full AQ armor)
  16. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

You can get a full set of crafted every tier or the dropped stuff usually is totally wearable at midway through a tier.
  17. ARCHIVED-PeoplesAssassin Guest

Hi again, I am finally on AQ6!
    I got 4 & 5 done in one day, these were the easiest for me so far.

AQ4:
    Seeing as i play on Neriak at GMT times it can be hard to get a group in some places, especially for things like armor quests. This is where belonging to a guild comes into its own. I managed to persuade two level 30 guildies to come and help. This meant that everything in the CoB was grey and thus presented no danger of adds, not to mention we buzzed through the entire quest in a little over 40 minutes! 10 of which we spent waiting for the last pesky bat to spawn!

AQ5:
    I was lvl 24 when I did this, and all mobs other than the swarm beetles I was able to kill solo. As others have said swarm beetles are not to be taken lightly, they are tough little blighters, but get a solid healer and you should be fine.

A final note: The only place I could find corpse feeders was by the village, only 2 or 3 maximum seem to spawn at any one time and have a fairly long (5-10 mins) respawn timer, this was the most frustrating part of the quest due to a lot of waiting around.

AQ6:
    Attempting tonight and rest of this week. not too worried as have been killing griffawns and steelhoofs for a few levels now, are the huntresses really that annoying to find?

Hopefully will be able to post a finished picture soon :)
  18. ARCHIVED-PeoplesAssassin Guest

finally done, huntresses really were a pain! :smileymad:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Message Edited by PeoplesAssassin on 01-25-2005 12:19 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Naskin Guest

Corpse feeders do not just spawn by the village. You can find them pretty much everywhere in the dead river. However, the ones by the village are the easiest to do solo since this is the only area in the dead river where there are not group mobs that will agro.
  20. ARCHIVED-PeoplesAssassin Guest

Ah, I thought that must be the case but in the run between the two bridges I couldnt find anything other than the lower crabs scavengers and the higher ones (I forget thier name).