Monk Armor Quest Complete Guide *SPOILER*

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Naskin, Nov 30, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Naskin Guest

I'm copying this from my post I did on the "Monk Armor Quest" thread to make it more accessible to people looking for a guide quickly.

This quest can be started from Selwyn Oakheart in South Qeynos at level 20. She is found under a tree near the North Qeynos gate.

Monk Armor Quest 1:

For gnoll elders: Kill the ALL of the groups of battlers and rune casters surrounding a tent near Blackburrow. This isn't too tough, they conned green/gray to our group, but sometimes one group will respawn while killing the others. This will spawn a group of two elders and two tormentors (templars need tormentors).
    For Caltorsis clerics: We basically had a group of 4 and just ran around Fangbreaker Keep for over an hour killing all undead, which seem to randomly respawn either magi, knights, or clerics. Clerics are the most difficult to spot, as they can only be seen from close range. This got very long and boring.

Stats on Chainweave Handwraps:
    52 ac (39 at 21)
    5 agi
    2 wis
    10 health
    14 power
    84 vs disease
    67 vs heat

Monk Armor Quest 2:

For plague acolytes: These were definitely the toughest part (not really that tough... moreso annoying). You need to find a foci of decay (pole in the ground) near the Ruins of Caltorsis, northwest of Windstalker. Clear the 4 groups of restless Caltoris surrounding the pole. Then STAY away from the foci. The acolytes will spawn, and they MUST summon their pet before you can attack. We happened to be standing around the pole and they spawned, and the encounter broke as soon as we attacked because they didn't have a pet yet. On the bright side, if you do agro them and break the encounter, once you kill them they will respawn in about a minute. Once you kill them, the foci of decay will disappear after a little while, so you need to find another one.

For spider broodtenders: These are pretty easy once you find them in Blackburrow. A quick round through them then through again once they respawn should do the trick.

For hulking stalkers: Easy to find anywhere northwest, north, or northeast of Windstalker Village. There will be bears in the area that will agro too... but this part is pretty easy.

Stats on Chainweave Armwraps:
    82 ac (59 at 21)
    4 int
    3 str
    10 health
    15 power
    67 vs divine
    84 vs poison

Monk Armor Quest 3:

For feign zombies: You have to go down the big spiral staircase in Stormhold to get to the lower level... pretty much all armor quest 3's are here so if you can get a nice solid group of 6 down here you shouldn't have much of a problem (Although tell me if you do... our group was basically 20/21 but we have experience grouping with each other) The feign zombies we found in two different places, and they are encounter level 23's and 24's with either one 2+ arrow ones or two 1+ arrow ones.

For sealed strongboxes: The way we got to these was interesting. We found a tunnel in one of the feign zombie rooms in a sewer drain that we had to click on. This led to a library with flying books that attacked... yes, books! Connected to this haunted library room is another room that should have your sealed strongboxes. This room is the better of the two places these are in because it has multiple strongboxes, and waiting for just one respawn will be enough to get you the ones you need. There is also one other room that I've found one strongbox in. In the atrium, take the door to the left when you first enter after coming down the stairs. Go down into the water, take a left, then there should be a room up ahead on your left. There should be some crusaders in here, and a strongbox in the room as well. There is only one every time I've seen in this room, so you'll have to wait for respawns.

Stats for Chainweave Sandals (wearable at 21):
    57 ac (39 at 21)
    4 sta
    4 agi
    11 health
    16 power
    101 vs magic
    50 vs mental

Monk Armor Quest 4:

This is quest is probably the easiest to figure out on your own that I've seen yet. You basically need a solid group of 4, or a decent group of 5 or 6. This quest is nice because every class pretty much need the same things (except mages need some tougher things down here in the crypt of betrayal... I also am not sure what scouts need). One thing to clarify to your group: when there are deathly beetles around, do NOT use area of effect skills! Out of the three groups I was in we agroed beetles unnecessarily in EVERY group. This zone is extremely easy to avoid adds in... occasionally you will get a restless corpse or forsaken shriller to randomly walk by and agro. To get to this zone: Enter the Down Below, then Vermin's Snye. There are two different places to zone into the Crypt of Betrayal from this zone. If you try to head east as much as possible I've noticed you come to a spiral staircase, and down in the... "water" there should be a grate that will lead you to the Crypt.

Stats for Chainweave Mantle (wearable at 22):
    88 ac (70 at 23)
    3 sta
    5 wis
    16 health
    13 power
    84 vs cold
    67 vs heat

Monk Armor Quest 5:

Unearthed Settlers: Pretty easy, find the little village that enters the valley of undead that lead to the docks. There should be a bunch of green solo unearthed settlers wandering around the area. Watch out, because their buddies with double up arrows can be nasty. Should be able to solo this part.

Sabertooth diviners: These are extremely easy to get. They spawn right by Qeynos Tower 1 in the little basin. Just need a group to get these.

Swarm beetles: Head to the western coast of Thundering Steppes to get these. Initially we found some in the plains area and we got multiple adds and half our group died (thank Karana for feign death!). The western coast you should be able to find swarms running a little east of the beach, without getting griffon adds and such.

Corpse feeders: These you should be able to find around the area with unearthed settlers. Slightly higher than unearthed settlers, but still considered a solo encounter. Easy.

Stats for Chainweave Leggings (wearable at 23):
    91 ac (76 at level 24)
    6 int
    3 str
    11 health
    19 power
    67 vs cold
    101 vs poison

Monk Armor Quest 6

Steelhoof mystics: There are a few different places to find these. You can try near Varsoon (middle, eastern field on the map) or the fields with the mighty griffons (I only found one there in the two hours I was fighting there) in the southwest. The quickest way that I found was to go to the southwest griffon field, but go to the southern edge of the field. There should be a few buildings with centaurs surrounding it (considered a bandit camp), and mystics composed of about 1/3 of the spawns there. Got the mystics I needed in probably less than half an hour there.

Griffawns: Soloable... if you can jump up and focused strike them out of the air or use throwing knives. Lots of these are really high up, so if you can, bring knives [IMG] This is the easiest part of this quest. Lots of griffawns can be found in Thundermist Valley... which you will find if you keep following the road out of Antonica to the southwest.

Highland Huntresses: By far the most annoying part of this quest (especially from what I've read from other people). I found the best way to do this is to get a solid group of 3 (preferably more) The best field that I found to find these is in the southwest where all the mighty griffons are. Have your friends sit idly by in a safe area on the outside of the field, and you will pull to them. Find any highland stalkers, patriarchs, or matriarchs and pull them, they are placeholders for the highland huntresses. Sometimes if you keep running the lions will be far enough behind that none of their attacks will hit, other times they will keep hitting you the entire run... so if things get nasty, feign! That's what we have it for! Also, watch out, because the mighty griffon adds are nasty--they stun.

Shadowdash: I've read about people having problems spawning Shadowdash; however, I had no problems, it just took me a while to find the place. If you follow the road in Thundermist valley there will be a lake on the map with a pit JUST to the south of it. In between the lake and the pit there are a group of rocks. All you have to do is run up to the rocks... Shadowdash came. He conned even at 25 with ^^ arrows, and had two even friends. Definitely should have a group of 4 or more here (unless you are very confident you can win with three) because he is harder than Ott Stompgut (the named spawn for plate classes).

Stats on Chainweave Gi (wearable at 24):
    157 ac (131 at level 25)
    5 agi
    4 str
    16 health
    16 power
    84 vs disease
    84 vs magic

Congratulations! You have completed the set of Monk Armor!

[IMG]
    Message Edited by Naskin on 12-12-2004 07:59 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Ctiz Guest

So the totals are as follows:

AC 527 Str 10 Sta 7 Agi 14 Power 93 Health 74 Int 10 Wis 7 vs Mag 185 vs Heat 134 vs Cold 151 vs Mental 50 vs Disease 168 vs Poison 185

Not complaining about the overall stats, but for a class with one of the main attributes being AGI, we only get 14 agility on our combined class armor? I wonder how this compares to other fighter class armor, my guess is that the plate classes will have more AC, which they should, but I would think we would have considerable more Agi and less AC on our armor. It will be interesting to see, once other fighter classes get complete sets to compare them. Just my opinion.
  3. ARCHIVED-shaolen Guest

Thanks for taking the time to post this Information. I have just begun my quests, your guide will save me a lot of needless running around.
  4. ARCHIVED-ForceUser Guest

What I don't understand is why we gain Int bonuses on our armor - it says in the brawler class guide that Int is not an important stat for us. So what gives? Seems like a waste.
  5. ARCHIVED-Adolo Guest

Well, it's not needed for out class, but INT does increase the chance for your skills to go up as you harvest, swim, punch, etc..
    my 2cp. :)
    Peace
  6. ARCHIVED-Swatr Guest

5 Stars for you! Keep it up! :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Autologus Guest

Do you get to select the color or is it always gold or is it random?

Autologus
  8. ARCHIVED-Hecklerkoch Guest

Force: In my experiences it's always the same, you get better armor and it has stat adds that are not that useful to your class. /shrug Guess they think it would be unbalancing if, for instance, a piece had +20 Agi and no Int, so they do a +5 Agi and +5 Int so the stats look pretty ;)

Adolo: Is that true in EQ2, I've heard conflicting stories? I know in EQ1 your Int/Wis had direct impact on your skill-ups for trades and spells and Dex for weap skills but I've heard it does and it doesn't in EQ2. Anyone have any empirical data proving/disproving this?

Thx.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Always yellow.
  10. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

I want charisma bonuses dammit!

Anyone bothered by +10 int and +7 sta for a (not so good at) tanking class?
    Message Edited by Coraz2 on 12-01-2004 10:06 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Serae Guest

Im sure i saw a pic of a Woodelf in Green?
  12. ARCHIVED-Serae Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

It's yellow-green and changes depending on gamma and lighting.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Yeah stupid stats they don't fit with a class are an EQ 1 Tradition.

I was a Warrior and half my class stuff had Int and Wis.

Its waste, Int and Wis were only good for Casters.

Dex was offence skills and Agi was defence skills.

Basically we have Yellow!!!! Armour with a bunch of useless stats. Nice to know what they think of Monks. I mean I am a Barbarian, do they know what wearing YELLOW will do to my Rep?!
  15. ARCHIVED-Cyngii Guest

I remember reading that Int/Wis were a factor in resisting mental attacks. Can't find anthing on it atm, but I remember it from the Beta boards. If anyone could verify this, would be appreciated.
  16. ARCHIVED-Neimhidh Guest

ehh, the original uber armor in EQ 1 was planes armor, and it had stats all over the board too.
  17. ARCHIVED-stfields Guest

I hate to bump an older post, but I'd like to add some info regarding AQ6.

If you start AQ6 and have never killed a centuar-type, save the Steelhoof mystics for last. One of the better spots to camp is right off the side of those fields (where the griffons and lions roam and firerock scouts are ) near the mountain wall (east of the "bandit camp"). If you are not KOS to centuars yet, it will make your life a lot easier. The wandering centuars in the field won't aggro you or your group.

When you kill a single centuar, you become KOS. Mystics are easy to find at that bandit camp in the SW of the map, so there is no need to pull one because they are not "rare" like the huntresses. Save mystics for last.

Great post Naskin :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Hecklerkoch Guest

Personally I'd like to see this stickied, great info helped a ton. One thing I would add concerns the boots. If you're spending any time in Stormhold and haven't completed the Archeologist's Quest (he's right by zone as you come in), I'd finish that quest first BEFORE you Attune your chainweave boots. The result of the Arch quest is a pair of boots, something like Sandals of the Grave or some such, the stats of which are just a little better than the Monk armor quest ones. Sorry wrote numbers down but must have thrown them away :) But AC on both pair is the same, as are most of the other stats except the Grave ones have higher SvM & 14 more power.

I had unfortunately Attuned my Monk ones the day before I finished the SH quest. Guess you could keep Monk and sell Grave or vice versa. Arch quest is easy IF you go when it's crowded in SH. You basically have to go to 3 places and touch and object there. The chapel, armory, and library. When it's crowded these are also the areas that get the most camping so you just sort of walk in, touch the object, and get out of Dodge. If there's not many hunting SH I'd suggest a full 20+ group, some of those things are pretty nasty.
  19. ARCHIVED-matthewstuder Guest

Where does this quest start? I am a level 17 Brawler and was wondering where I start the Monk Armor quest and if I am too low to start. Thanks in advance!!!!

-DiStudo
  20. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

You can start it at 20, in SQ by the NQ, talk to the gnome name Swelyn under the tree.