Merge Downtime: Freeport, Permafrost, & Nagafen - Weds, Nov 11 @ 7AM PT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

don't worry to much about those login caches I forgot when I loged on again after the consolidation for halls of fate and I was just fine
    but the caches are found of your launch pad
    look at the lower left corner and find version
    that will not only open the list of the servers but also the list of advanced settings
    open the game directory
    delete the caches
    go to validate game assets and " validate "
  2. Xevran Well-Known Member

No. All I've seen the devs say is that there will be free transfers between the merged servers and FROM Antonia Bayle. I haven't seen them elaborate on anything else.

Nagafen, Permafrost, and Freeport are all US based and and Skyfire will stay that way.

I believe the devs said that you can not transfer to the international servers. Again I think it's only between the merged servers and AB.

Public Test is a normal server that usually gets game updates first so the devs can ignore all feedback from it anyway.

Beta is the server where they test things that are more likely to not work or aren't finished. Usually they only have it up to test new expansions.
    Taka likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

shish Xevran how harsh :eek:
    the Devs listen a lot more often than not you just don't realize it because they don't have the time to answer everybody's
    suggestions or complaint personally .
    Siren likes this.
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

on the launchpad there's a wrench icon Advanced Tools
    > open game folder
    > select logincache-us folder and hit <delete>
  5. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

Then they listening to the wrong damn people
    Filly67 likes this.
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

7. Jevari New Member

Whoo! I can't wait for the merge to finish! :D
    Siren likes this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Appalling.
    Belenos and Lateana like this.
  9. paa5403 New Member

I am hoping the merge is complete now. I uninstalled/re-installed and when I login, I have no characters! I have like 14 characters on my main account and a few on several other accounts but they are all gone.

I submitted a ticket of course.

I hope they can find my lost characters, some of which I have been playing 11 years now!
  10. paa5403 New Member

Oh no, I hope that didn't happen to me too. I just renewed a year of all-access but now I can't even access any of my characters on any accounts on live!

Anxious and depressed!
    Belenos likes this.
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

The merge process began less than 9 hours ago. Its supposed to take at least 24 hours.

When a server is down your characters often do not show up on the character list. None of my Freeport or Nagafen characters show up at all right now. Completely normal.
    Belenos, Siren and Feldon like this.
  12. Xevran Well-Known Member

Yeah it's normal that your characters aren't showing up. You probably won't be able to see them until they try to bring Skyfire up tomorrow.
    Belenos, Siren and Feldon like this.
  13. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Before the sale of SOE, the GMs knew how to reclaim houses and all the items in them. I know because I lost several of them over the years when transferring characters from one server to another. They just don't want to spend the time looking at logs and processing the data anymore. Customer service used to be fantastic, now it appears all but non-existent.
    Belenos and Feldon like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea I miss SOL
  15. Pyrosandstorm New Member

I can't wait for the server to be back up. Even if they are lower population servers, this should hopefully make one less dead server. Plus I like the name Skyfire. I think everyone should get a title that identifies which server they had been on before. Like "Syvael of Freeport".
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Everyone gets 6 titles (2 options for each of the 3 servers), "descendant of x" and "of x"
  17. Xevran Well-Known Member

Freeport had the second highest population prior to the merges? Permafrost doesn't seem like it was the most dead either.

Regardless, I'm going to assume that the merges were engineered for the populations to end up pretty even among the three servers. Things are going to be pretty fluid too with the free transfers, who knows how the servers will end up afterwards. I've seen a few people saying they want to escape from AB.
    Belenos likes this.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

For those that have lost homes in mergers/transfers, were those homes originally owned by characters that were later deleted? If you had all your alts listed as trustees, you probably wouldn't have had a problem before a merger or transfer, or known anything could go wrong. I'm guessing it would only be during the merger/transfer that the now "ownerless" home might not follow. Other than that, I can't think why that could possibly happen.

And don't be mad at Daybreak for not having the GM staff to deal with loss of property any longer. Thank Columbus Nova; they're the ones who canned SOE's entire GM staff right when they took over.
    Ceyllynn, Lateana and Brennin like this.
  19. Naeen New Member

What if we were not able to get a soulbound before merger?
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

some people's things were fine, some weren't, hence the warning. what can happen, is everything "soul bound" could end up belonging to the owner of the house or GH.