Merge Downtime: Freeport, Permafrost, & Nagafen - Weds, Nov 11 @ 7AM PT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Poisonhawk Active Member

Most of the merge went pretty well nice work! Now for a complaint: Dungeon Finder is yet to work. Today after finally getting into DF, we are all in separate dungeons when que'd so can't play anyway LOL. Or. I que for a grp and get put into a dungeon by myself and I can't reinforce and get the message, "the group is full so you can't reinforce" LOL . So since the merge, DF is worthless. (report is in) Hope it gets attention soon.
  2. Poisonhawk Active Member

By the end of the day yesterday DF seemed to be back on track. Not sure why, there was no pause in trying or server downtime. Once we got in we didn't leave until we were tired, so maybe it was just luck. Hope today goes well. Other than that, the merge seems great! Had to bring friends in with me to the DF, the merge didn't seem to help the que's and ppl playing in it.
  3. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I have 8 characters on Halls of Fate, and can log into them just fine. I have one character that was on Nagafen (nos Skyfire), but I've not been able to log him on since this merger happened. I'm stuck on the loading screen with a window that says "Trying to login server #1..."

Anyone else having this issue, or is it a post-merger issues others are having?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Spock Active Member

Sounds like you log into that character straight from launchpad instead of character select which would have put it on the right server.
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Yup, that's what I was doing. I just camped to him from one of my HoF toons and it worked just fine. Thanks! =)
  6. Spock Active Member

Your welcome.
  7. Warzar New Member

I should have made this comment earlier, but.. I have been doing online gaming from the early 90s and where timing for many might have messed up plans for a day off from what I have seen it was the best blender I have ever seen. I know there are ppl who have name issues, but everything was as it should be when I logged in. Not one issue in any part of the game I didn't have before. All in all I got to say good job!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I just walked into one of the guildhalls that used to be on Nagafen :( sad panda
    and I found a PvP writ npc. just another reminder of our legacy.

I am still getting startled when I see the level number on a pet thinking somebody is coming after me.

but I stuffed my pockets all of them ( platinum bags hanging out ) with money so if I come across a elite merc I can hire him.
    Eradani likes this.
  9. Eradani Well-Known Member

i was reminded to delete my "OMG it's a Q <%T>" macro when i accidentally hit it.
  10. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone else noticed but I just came back from a dinner break and I was logging back into the game when I saw this post at the top of the Latest News section of the game launcher. Why is this showing in the launcher as if this was a new game update? Latest news? lol It's a month old.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know this is a little late to respond to your question Gulsep , but when ever somebody posts something on an old thread it will go to the top of the list
    So don't pull something out from a year ago and post a respond;)
  12. Gulaep Well-Known Member

No no no, I do not mean here in the forums. I mean this old post and another one last night...from November, here in the forums -- was appearing at the top of the Latest News section of the game launcher itself as if a Dev just posted a new announcement.
  13. ZUES Well-Known Member

Did everyone lose their houses during the transfers? Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I don't want to read 9 pages.
  14. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I lost two houses on December 3rd, one prestige with nine depots and moving crate and magic guild hall door and a second normal city apartment with moving crate. As of this morning, five days later after writing a /petition I got everything restored in full. :D
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Eradani Well-Known Member

this \/ and where do you think the Latest News section gets its info?
  16. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I am aware of that, but don't the Latest News section of the game launcher only show the thread title the first time a Dev writes it up and posts it? Think about it. How many times are these threads commented on? We'd constantly be seeing old forum posts in the game launcher confusing people all the time because of the post dates (at least me). All I am saying is for the first time since 2013 I am seeing OLD announcements recycled to the top of the game launcher, not the forums...the launcher.

If this has always happened, then this is the first I am seeing it since 2013. You may withdraw your fangs now. No need to bite.
  17. flameweaver Well-Known Member

So, you're saying if I go necro an old announcement post from say 2014, it'll automagically appear at the top of Latest News on Launchpad ?

If so that is wrong on so many levels, on the other hand this could be a new interesting diversion to mess with everyone's mind. :p
  18. Gulaep Well-Known Member

[IMG]

As you can see the two old posts from November have been recycled into the Launch Pad again and are mixed in with our recent December announcements, which caught me off-guard and I admit, I had to come here to those two threads to try and find out why. I thought a Dev re-posted them for some reason but that was not the case apparently.

This Latest News section is from after this morning's update, so they still linger.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I completely agree; this should not be happening, and it's new. :-/

Not too long ago, yeah, the only way the LaunchPad "bulletin" would update would be when a Power would put up something new that people ought to be aware of (even if it was just something new on the Marketplace or to let folks know about a weekly Game Maintenance thing), not when old fogies like me suddenly remember something from way back when at 3am and decide to comment on it now, or are reminiscing about that one time in good ol' NH (Norrathian Homeshow) when they'd written about one house they were proud of (/raising_paw) and wanted folks to see it now and Bumped it. Folks on NH are one thing; folks don't need to see it across the EQ2 universe. ;->

Uwk